Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Sprint on a Sentinel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Sprint on a Sentinel?

JackNader
01.28.2013 , 10:31 PM | #11
^^^ again look at the screenshot. The guys bar is targeted. You can see exactly what he had casted. No predation and 26 fury stacks with the out of combat speed boost. In the year that I have been playing this game I have NEVER seen anyone with an out of combat speed boost while in combat.

Monterone
01.28.2013 , 10:34 PM | #12
I saw a shadow friendly pull a scoundrel yesterday... I was there staring with my jaw on the floor. He just popped out of stealth in the endzone in huttball, pulled the scoundrel who was slowly walking down the middle ramp and then re-stealthed.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

Blasphemerr
01.28.2013 , 10:37 PM | #13
.... two screenshots.

#1 - Targeted sentinel has Sprint. He is probably not in combat
#2 - Surprise the targeted Sentinel has no sprint buff. He is probably in combat.

This is the problem with letting hack threads exist on offical forums; now every idiot thinks everything they see is a hack.
Something pretentious.

Zataos
01.28.2013 , 10:39 PM | #14
I wonder if Bioware posted the "we are watching for hacks" just to muddy the waters with everyone and their brother calling hacks on everything. I pvp a lot, and until Bioware put out that message, I rarely ever heard hacks called in warzones, now I am constantly seeing it in pvp general chat, literally every few warzones.

Bioware would have been wise to include a brief explanation of Combat Stealth and Predation, both of which get confused for teleport and speed hacks often, that being said I still see teleport and speed hacks myself, so, I don't know.

More often than not, this game is just buggy and glitchy, I think between that and players naive to different AC skills accounts for 95% of all reported hacks.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)

Ghost_Spectre
01.28.2013 , 11:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
Look at his screenshot guys. The Sprint icon is active. He has 26 stacks of fury with no pred buff on his bar. The fury stacks are fresh which means he's in combat.
Yes, I saw that too. He doesn't have Transcendence active either. So if what the OP is saying that this player had the animation of what the Consular/Inquisitors have when they activate their force speed; the whitish movement of air around the body. That did not show up very well, though there is some strangeness around the toon in question. Can’t say if this was a hack or not. I’m not going to speculate as I was not there. A video would give us more detail on the situation.
Caedus Rage Juggernaut Aloysius Madness Sorcerer Ni'Tehn'Do Lethal Operative
Vestara Balance Shadow Fat Albert Focus Guardian Baytor Balance Sage
Kallig Legacy Jedi Convenant Lvl 60 Toons: 6

Blasphemerr
01.28.2013 , 11:36 PM | #16
Something pretentious.

SDTAXantos
01.29.2013 , 12:03 AM | #17
There is no strangeness. The PvP Trauma debuff is counting down on the buff bar = out of combat.
<The Heartbreaker>
Erotik ~* - Corpulence *┤ - Risqué - Flirt - Adipose - Zaftig - Buxom ¥Θ - Heavyset ¥»
Erotiq ≈) - Ecdysiast ┤) - Gatstrapped ⌐» - Sapphik - Pin-up ≡»

Raansu
01.29.2013 , 12:05 AM | #18
^^^ again look at the screenshot. The guys bar is targeted. You can see exactly what he had casted. No predation and 26 fury stacks with the out of combat speed boost. In the year that I have been playing this game I have NEVER seen anyone with an out of combat speed boost while in combat.
Just because he has stacks of fury doesn't mean he's in combat. The sprint icon is on him as well as the trauma debuff meaning he has left combat, meaning whoever he was fighting died and no one else has attacked him.

Drazzen
01.29.2013 , 01:16 AM | #19
Look at his screenshot guys. The Sprint icon is active. He has 26 stacks of fury with no pred buff on his bar. The fury stacks are fresh which means he's in combat.
The Fury (or Centering as it's called Pub side) is not Full (it is ticking down). And perhaps he just completed a 1v1 and went back into non combat? As you can see the trauma debuff is also ticking down WHICH MEANS he has been out of combat for a couple of seconds.

You really should know what you're talking about before you accuse some of cheating. IF HE WAS IN COMBAT the trauma debuff would be FULL

EDIT: (responded to the first page not seeing the second page). But yes everything stated above me indicates that is the case. So Emony I'm not sure what you were trying to prove...oh, wait it's in the screenshot that Azure Blades is hacking, but I think you owe the guild and Sar an apology.

Drazzen
01.29.2013 , 04:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AceOfHertz View Post
Sorry, I should have explained myself better. While in combat, sprint was activating, and took the animation of a Sage using the Force Speed. I'm going to start recording my gameplay and try and catch it live.
Further. Watch what happens when your Sprint activates when you drop combat. You will see a little streak/speed boost animation when you leave combat to further illustrate that you are now, in fact, moving faster.