Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Squishy Tank

madweezy
01.28.2013 , 05:52 PM | #1
Trying to tank but I feel so squishy. I get hit pretty hard. Level 26 at the moment and during boss fights the healer gets aggro and I try to peel it off of him with my taunt and discharge but aggro keeps going back to him. He can't keep me up, and himself so I end dying and then they all die... Then the healer leaves... and the rest of the group leaves...

This all just happened in Mandalorian Raiders Should I just reroll a warrior?

ckoneful
01.28.2013 , 05:53 PM | #2
Are you in Dark Charge? Healer should be the last person with aggro, at least single target.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

madweezy
01.28.2013 , 06:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Are you in Dark Charge? Healer should be the last person with aggro, at least single target.
dark charge all day everyday it doesn't seem to matter though

verfallen
01.28.2013 , 07:15 PM | #4
Threat should not be an issue. Try slapping guard on healer, but on thrash pull the issue is most likely you are not, as a team clearing the thrash fast enough.

Now sin-tank mature late. They get deflection in their high, and absorbtion is not the easiest stat to get in your level, which suck a bit when your shielding is what is nice with Dark Ward.

But don't worry, it will get much better.

tXHereticXt
01.29.2013 , 06:12 AM | #5
How does your equipment look? If you don't have the highest level armor mods, that could be one reason as it affects the incoming damage. Sometimes however a healer might be the problem so if they can't keep you up, it can be either you or them. There's a lot that could be impacting your ability to tank, I found it easy - just keeping Dark Ward up, having some spare med packs, and then taunting when possible. You don't really start blowing up and seeing major versatility until you get Harnessed Darkness anyways, maybe you just had bad luck.

Billoneofmany
01.29.2013 , 08:46 AM | #6
For under 30 tank gear forget about orange gear. Go to the gtn and search for purples with defense stat. Try getting some low lvl defense augs also. Sin tanks don't start seeing decent orange tank gear until mid 30s. Every time I leveled I would check the gtn for new gear and I never have a problem taking damage. Also if get purples they scale up nicely in pvp.

Also see about getting 41 end crystals for main and off hand. It's a nice hp boost at lower levels.
Yoshie (Sorc) Yo'shi (Operative) Ki'yoshi (Merc) Ar'yaa (Sage)
Officer of Dark Sith'ari - The Shadowlands
http://www.darksithari.com/

eVentHoriZn
01.29.2013 , 12:45 PM | #7
I am leveling an assassin tank right now as my 2nd tank. One thing i noticed right away is that my Jugg was much better at low level tanking flashpoints. I was dissapointed in my sin until about level 36, and I didn't even start tanking groupfinder flashpoints until I got the aoe taunt, Mass Mind Control at level 30(?).

While leveling I do all the heroics on a planet, this will get you some nice enhancements/mods with defensive stats, and also a ton of planet commendations to buy armorings with.

Stick with it, I complained non-stop about how much my assassin sucked, but after level 30 it gets a lot better. Currently at level 42, now that I have wither and all 3 points in harnessed darkness my sin is practically unbeatable.
Lykui - Juggernaut
The Harbinger

madweezy
01.29.2013 , 07:00 PM | #8
Level 30 now just got Mass Mind Control. Haven't bothered to do any flashpoints again, just grinding pvp and planet quest. I have synthweaving so up til now I've just been making my own gear and using quest drops, but I'll take a look on the GTN for some stuff. Thanks for the advice.