Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aoe heal vs Aoe Dmg?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Aoe heal vs Aoe Dmg?

Abnn
01.28.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1
Hello, i'm just curious you see smash for about 3 to 6/7k depents on expertices and other aoe spells, for 'bout the same and some you just can move out of, though im woundering why we've no AOE heal spell really, we got 1 that is a ground effect, but if you stand in it players know they can aoe in it.

we've singel target heal but still not enogh for the smash/PT users out there. :P

ever though about make a AOE burst heal ?. maybe with some cd and like the same range as smash?

down side 'bout this is properly some bosses in the pve sector gonna be a cake if it get out of hand but is easy to adjust

Lionflash
01.28.2013 , 03:09 PM | #2
I don't know much about the design, but I think damage is supposed to outpace healing, or else I think it would take forever to kill someone.

Abnn
01.28.2013 , 03:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I don't know much about the design, but I think damage is supposed to outpace healing, or else I think it would take forever to kill someone.
i know for a fact that healers do not stand a chance in a 1v1 combat vs certain classes if you take same gear with same knowladge of the class. with i don't really like but dosen't matter.

just would love to and a counter to aoe bashers. that should Keep up with the dmg,

cycao
01.28.2013 , 03:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Abnn View Post
i know for a fact that healers do not stand a chance in a 1v1 combat vs certain classes if you take same gear with same knowladge of the class. with i don't really like but dosen't matter.

just would love to and a counter to aoe bashers. that should Keep up with the dmg,
1v1 is not the best argument. With a properly balanced team you will normally see a guard on a healer. If an AoE heal put out the potential healing that of the hardest hitting AoE damage ability that might be a bit over the top.

Keyran-Halcyon
01.28.2013 , 03:36 PM | #5

Actually a good healer 1v1 can stay alive for a long time, just depends on the skill level of each person and the class. On my scoundrel healer it usually takes at least 2 people to take me down, otherwise I just cc them and laugh as I run around healing back up to full.

As for AOE heals, each healer has one AOE heal. They don't heal for as much as the smashers can damage, but they are still dang good heals.
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 03:39 PM | #6
Yeah, but assuming your opposing team is dumb enough to not focus on you, the healer; yet not too dumb to not at least focus fire on SOMEONE; how efficient are AOE heals anyway? I mean; isn't the AOE heal of the merc one of the better ones, or am I mistaken. might be why they are not a favorite if so.

sanchito
01.28.2013 , 06:09 PM | #7

healers can win most duels by boring there opponents to death...

no seriously properly played healers shoudnt lose any duel quicky imo, hps is absolutely on par or higher than dps

JP_Legatus
01.28.2013 , 06:10 PM | #8
Taunts and guards
/thread
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje