Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality Operative PVP video 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Lethality Operative PVP video 1.6

Krayshawn
01.31.2013 , 09:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sThT2...ature=youtu.be

Here you go. It isn't a "here is what you do in this situation" kind of tutorial, but rather a general feel for how the spec plays.
Good video, i have had about the same spec in mind... didn't take adhesive corrosives before. I mainly watched for your gear but stayed for the whole vid anyway. Good explenations, thanks man... Maybe if people see the number you hit on your targets (ie. the 3.9 EP or the 3.4 Backstab) they will stop calling you a mere tab dotter. In essence, wouldn't madness be the same .
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Carter_Mathis
01.31.2013 , 12:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
Good video, i have had about the same spec in mind... didn't take adhesive corrosives before. I mainly watched for your gear but stayed for the whole vid anyway. Good explenations, thanks man... Maybe if people see the number you hit on your targets (ie. the 3.9 EP or the 3.4 Backstab) they will stop calling you a mere tab dotter. In essence, wouldn't madness be the same .
Maddness is different in several aspects. 1.) It has way more procs. 2.) If throws down an aoe debuff with Deathfield that makes your dots hit harder, and consuming stacks of that debuff refund force. 3.) Discharge (their dot) is required to be on targets if they want to proc their instant Crushing Darkness.
Lethality is different from madness in the sense that their strongest move is a spammable, long bleed and aside from maybe Cull, there is no real advantage to using other abilities (From a shear number-padding point of view. Additionally why you see nebby tab through 4-5 people and just Corrosive Dart).
Biggest difference: If you solely spam discharge, you're an idiot. If you solely spam Corrosive Dart/Grenade it's pretty good.

Krayshawn
01.31.2013 , 02:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Maddness is different in several aspects. 1.) It has way more procs. 2.) If throws down an aoe debuff with Deathfield that makes your dots hit harder, and consuming stacks of that debuff refund force. 3.) Discharge (their dot) is required to be on targets if they want to proc their instant Crushing Darkness.
Lethality is different from madness in the sense that their strongest move is a spammable, long bleed and aside from maybe Cull, there is no real advantage to using other abilities (From a shear number-padding point of view. Additionally why you see nebby tab through 4-5 people and just Corrosive Dart).
Biggest difference: If you solely spam discharge, you're an idiot. If you solely spam Corrosive Dart/Grenade it's pretty good.
No, i understand that, but as you know... its also the way you play, and if you watch that vid, hes not just spam dotting. ALSO as you know, assassin DCDs are WAYYY better then ops=p just sayin
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Bronaimeth
01.31.2013 , 05:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
xanxas just wants his class to be easier
If my weaken mind was Aoe I'd **** all over warzones

I'm actually putting up better numbers using less dots these days.

And screw you man, it's hard out here for a sage. You know how much it pains me to have to use bubble spec?

Ravashakk
01.31.2013 , 08:57 PM | #25
Ppl are trying to compare apples and oranges here. Just because two classes are DoT based, doesn't mean they have a whole lot in common when it comes to playing them.

Unless your DoTs tick for 3k you better be doing something other than just tab dotting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
If my weaken mind was Aoe I'd **** all over warzones
Corrosive grenade, although a good ability, doesn't tick for much on 1 person. It is most efficient on 3 targets (max), and even then it barely ticks more than a corrosive dart or 2.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Bronaimeth
01.31.2013 , 09:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Ppl are trying to compare apples and oranges here. Just because two classes are DoT based, doesn't mean they have a whole lot in common when it comes to playing them.

Unless your DoTs tick for 3k you better be doing something other than just tab dotting.

Corrosive grenade, although a good ability, doesn't tick for much on 1 person. It is most efficient on 3 targets (max), and even then it barely ticks more than a corrosive dart or 2.
Yeah someone told me they tick pretty low, but **** 1gcd and you can dot multiple people(is it really 30 seconds?).

Ravashakk
01.31.2013 , 09:09 PM | #27
Yeah someone told me they tick pretty low, but **** 1gcd and you can dot multiple people(is it really 30 seconds?).
10 sec c/d, 21 sec duration, 9 sec lingering toxin if it makes the whole duration....which could yield 30 secs max. The most ppl it could possibly tick on would be 6, if you somehow managed to toss it on 3 ppl, then 3 separate ppl 10 seconds later. Pretty rare for more than 3-4 to be dotted with it. If 5 are dotted with it, assuming no cleansing or dying, you're looking at maybe 400-600 dps if you're lucky. That's a near perfect situation though. The greatness of the grenade, however, lies in the fact that you use 1 gcd to infect 1-3 ppl for 20 energy.....each dot crit giving energy back. So if energy is low, landing that on 3 ppl gets you back in the game faster without other cooldowns.

EDIT: Also has a lower radius than frag grenade by almost half.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

johnnyreece
02.01.2013 , 07:28 AM | #28
And screw you man, it's hard out here for a sage. You know how much it pains me to have to use bubble spec?
QFT. My DPS is so gimped right now, but I'm much more of a pain in the *** this way.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Bronaimeth
02.01.2013 , 03:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyreece View Post
QFT. My DPS is so gimped right now, but I'm much more of a pain in the *** this way.
I'm actually increasing my damage by dotting less.

johnnyreece
02.02.2013 , 12:41 PM | #30
I'm actually increasing my damage by dotting less.
I'm doing less damage because I'm madness, so I had to drop a lot of the DoT damage increases to get the bubble. Not to mention throwing all the super-annoying bubbles instead of DPS'ing. I actually usually (if I'm in the real battles) easily hit the 300k damage/100k healing. I probably have lost 1-200 DPS, although I've not really checked on a training dummy; just seems that way when I'm playing.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder