Please ELIMINATE mounts from being used in fleet....

Themanthatisi

Do we really need them on fleet? Its crowded enough…. I modified this from my original post, since I wanted to be clearer on this and less whiners going, “What? no way, speeders are a must”, without reading the entire post. As I see a good idea come up, I will add it here to this OP.

Problems:

1. Frame rate loss/ lag issues, horrible at times, expecially when population is over 200....

2. Many large ones, becoming way too obnoxious, its fleet, not a speeder showroom.

3. Immersion is unrealistic

4. Too hard to see GTN terminals, mailboxes or where ever else these huge ones decide to park.

5. Making a location, uneccessarily more stressfull then it needs to be... for the reasons above.

Solutions/Ideas: (Mine and YOUR ideas)

1. Up the character sprint speed, while in fleet. This would still not be ideal for immersion, but way better than the yacht sized speeders now all over the place making fleet very unplesant.

2. Limit speeders to the smallest ones on fleet.... you have a nice yacht, take it to the planet where it belongs.

3. Maybe limit them in the “shopping” areas only, to please the others to some extent that think they need it on fleet.

4. GTN in all Cantina's perhaps and/or on ship.... and make it reasonable in cost for one on ship.

5. Reduce the number of people per instance to less than 200 per....

6. Auto Dismount, in specific locations, GTN, comendation vendors, mailboxes, etc.... You click on the GTN kiosk, you dismount instantly.

7. Personal Jet packs, for traveling while on Fleet.

8. Get rid of the fleet Space Station, place all stuff on Planets....

9. Perhaps a feature that can limit how many or what objects are rendered (on the client)... For example, "show speeders on fleet" on or off....

For the kids:

1. Make a place, maybe a really cool looking museum, or something that they can go to show off their personal mounts to each other and how BIG they are. :p

Please, just do not say NO or YES, give us a valid point on your opinion…. Offer more solutions to what I mentioned above.

Edited by Themanthatisi
Making it easier for others to read and understand

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all like the extra speed, why I mentioned upping the "sprint" speed of our charachters while on fleet...

Well I think watching people run around at super speed would look stupid, not to mention I would like to get some use out of the things since I tend to have to wait a lot at the fleet

I’m not sure if a $300 graphics card would help more, but not everyone has that kind of money even if it made a huge difference. However, there is way too much loss of frames on fleet, this makes it less pleasurable to go there. Also, not only does all the extra stuff going on make for poor frame rates, but some of the mounts looks like they were sisters of the Titanic. People are RUDE when they park it in front of a mailbox, or several of them crammed in front of GTN. How about eliminating them from fleet completely and instead, up the character speed for sprint while on fleet. This will also greatly help with immersion and realism as well. If this was real, I’m sure mounts would not be allowed in the fleet orbital station, especially in the shopping mall location.

I know many use mounts to get around faster, and some because they just have to show off, well, there are other locations for showing off, like on the planet surface. If sprint can’t be made faster, then maybe limit speeders to the smaller ones you first get, but I still think eliminating them all would be best.

No.

As for blocking a mailbox or the GTN, it's impossible, as you can click through the mounts when you see the mail symbol even if you can't see the actual mailbox,just hover your mouse.

We all like the extra speed, why I mentioned upping the "sprint" speed of our charachters while on fleet...

200 people running around at faster speeds or 200 people running around on mounts... either way your computer is trying to render them as they come into view so don't think it'd help with frame rates at all.

As for blocking stuff, I've played this game since beta and have never not been able to access something because of speeders blocking it. Even when something is blocked you can usually click through the object blocking it and still access it. I think this game has issues but this isn't one of them it seems like.

Its not a complaint about the game and its not a "issue" that is hurting the game, but if opinion of others prefer the speeds then its somethign I wont fight. I am just offering up an idea to help with the smoothness of Fleet when its over 200 strong. Maybe the idea has no merit, but I felt it a worthy idea to mention it.

I’m not sure if a $300 graphics card would help more, but who has that kind of money even if it made a huge difference. However, there is way too much loss of frames on fleet, this makes it less pleasurable to go there. Also, not only does all the extra stuff going on make for poor frame rates, but some of the mounts looks like they were sisters of the Titanic. People are RUDE when they park it in front of a mailbox, or several of them crammed in front of GTN. How about eliminating them from fleet completely and instead, up the character speed for sprint while on fleet. This will also greatly help with immersion and realism as well. If this was real, I’m sure mounts would not be allowed in the fleet orbital station, especially in the shopping mall location.

I know many use mounts to get around faster, and some because they just have to show off, well, there are other locations for showing off, like on the planet surface. If sprint can’t be made faster, then maybe limit speeders to the smaller ones you first get, but I still think eliminating them all would be best.

FPS drop is not that much affected by whether people are on speeders or not. Its the numbers of people that matter, reduce the number of characters drawn in the preferences if you get a large FPS drop.

I have a $150 graphics card (GTX650) and FPS on fleet stays above 60 with that setting on max.

Do we have to discuss this again?

The people prior to mounts on the fleet/orbital stations cried for it's implementation.

I like it the way it is now.

Before server merges, it was a non issue.... People cried for it because there was no alternative to going faster around fleet. I would NEVER ask anyone to suffer through Fleet at a snails pace... An alternative, such as faster sprint.

I am sorry I posted this if it bothers some.... I love this game and offering an idea, right or wrong, is better than the ones with people basing the game because its not what they like in a MMO.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I don't have issues with FPS on fleet and I understand why people use speeders in the stations regardless of how immersionly stupid it is. I do have a problem with the fleets themselves which goes back to the day one complaints we all know.

Guess what I'm getting at is to resolve any speeders on fleet debate, why not do something smart and ditch the fleets altogether and get back to the original plan of using cantinas for social hubs? The fleets were and remain a horrible idea.

/signed

I know many would not like the idea, but don't be so close-sight, people, its not just about decreasing the amount of lagg but also:

From a RP point of view it really makes sence if Mounts were not allowed on The Fleets, it is very unrealistic, if u want speed we already have Jetpakcs, Sprint and Fast Travel Points to move faster betwen locations so it would not be such a hugge deal.

Furthermore, it is indeed quite anoying seen those hugge mounts u see, specially when they are all close to the GTN, Mailbox and Cargo Hold...

I will take as referense "APB: Reloaded", if u are familiar with the game u will understand my point of view; there on "The Social Distrit" , u don't see people driving cars around, if u want to show ur mounts, there is an specific location right there where people can set up their cars in "show-cases"(duno if that is the right word) so that all who wish so, can got and inspect them and admire them, and be happy fanboys or what ever.... If something like that was implemented here;

We would get:

-Less lagg

-Less anoyance of hugge mounts

-More inmersion

-Lower speed(thats it, no other downside really. other than that)

Edited by YeIIow

I have 275gtx and I don't want mounts gone from the fleet. Stop hating. You jelly of the incendias and Korrealis?

Nope! I just choose to not be rude to others and riding a 50' mount in front of GTN crammed in with several more that think they are cool (They are probably young kids too).... I been playing from day one, I just dont need to show off my yacht to love the game. :-) I use my basic lvl one speeder and when I go to GTN, I hop off it.

Then again, maybe shopping malls should allow us to drive our cars inside to shop for a shirt at Macy's... lol

Immersion reasons alone its silly, let alone for the reasons i also mentioned.

Edited by Themanthatisi

/signed

I know many would not like the idea, but don't be so close-sight, people, its not just about decreasing the amount of lagg but also:

From a RP point of view it really makes sence if Mounts were not allowed on The Fleets, it is very unrealistic, if u want speed we already have Jetpakcs, Sprint and Fast Travel Points to move faster betwen locations so it would not be such a hugge deal.

Furthermore, it is indeed quite anoying seen those hugge mounts u see, specially when they are all close to the GTN, Mailbox and Cargo Hold...

I will take as referense "APB: Reloaded", if u are familiar with the game u will understand my point of view; there on "The Social Distrit" , u don't see people driving cars around, if u want to show ur mounts, there is an specific location right there where people can set up their cars in "show-cases"(duno if that is the right word) so that all who wish so can inspect them and admire them. If something like that was implemented here, we would get:

• Positive side:
  • -Less lagg
  • -Less anoyance of hugge mounts
  • -More inmersion

• Negative side:
  • -Lower speed(thats it, no other downside really. other than that)

This my friend is a VERY constructive email.... Thank You for adding logic to this thread.

/signed

From a RP point of view

There was a time when you couldn't use mounts in the fleet, and it was absolutely HORRIBLE!

And not many people really care about the RP point of view to be honest, yes there are some, but the majority don't care.