Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

With all due respect, remove intercede to stealthed friendlies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
With all due respect, remove intercede to stealthed friendlies

durvas
01.28.2013 , 01:10 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Oh then he can just AOE the spot with that crap AOE snipers have.
So send a sniper after the classes they do the worst against? A PT spamming stealth scan would only find the stealther by luck anyway. This is all assuming the stealther doesn't actually sap the non-stealth person looking for them. NoTarget's point is that this mechanic violates what the other rules of huttball currently followed and for no discernable reason. Decloaking would at least give the defense a chance to respond.

Ybini
01.28.2013 , 01:14 PM | #32
I don't think it would change anything. There's enough lag time between ball throws a stealther could click it off.

KettleBelll
01.28.2013 , 01:17 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by durvas View Post
So send a sniper after the classes they do the worst against? A PT spamming stealth scan would only find the stealther by luck anyway. This is all assuming the stealther doesn't actually sap the non-stealth person looking for them. NoTarget's point is that this mechanic violates what the other rules of huttball currently followed and for no discernable reason. Decloaking would at least give the defense a chance to respond.
Snipers thrive vs all classes. And they always will, because the developers are playing Snipers.

In the grand scheme of things, the Juggernaut will already have the stealther targeted, and will be spamming Intercede, thus jumping the nanosecond the stealther unstealths. You could add this change into the game that NoTomorrow requested, but it isn't going to make a difference.

I'd much rather the developers spend that time having honest talks on how to nerf Snipers, fix the animation on abilities that hitch, and spending time in the gym.
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

Xerain
01.28.2013 , 01:33 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by durvas View Post
Ok learn to play and stop complaining.

When there's a stealthie waiting end zone for the jugg intercede the jugg usually just walks in a straight line towards where the stealthie is and the stealthie just stands in that general area just in case a pass needs to be made. So you AOE or Stealth can the area infront of the jugg on the ledge and get one of your guys with a pull to pull them off.

Please learn to play as a team and not a bad. Nothing is Violating any rules of huttball as the only rule of huttball is really DON'T KICK THE BALL.

foxmob
01.28.2013 , 01:35 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Says the stealther.
my assassin is my 3rd option for pvp, and it's the 5th 50. I mention this only to be clear that I'm not some assassin fanboy. it's obviously cyaco's main.

now to the point: I do play both trooper classes. unless either of the two stealth classes is using their sneak cd, they are visible within ~5m. additionally, troopers can spec into enhanced stealth detection (assault/pyro tree), which further lengthens the distance one can see a stealthy out of his sneak cd. lastly, troopers have this thing called stealth scan. they have a virtually instant aoe, AND commando have a fairly large aoe punt. If a stealth player can stay hidden from just one commando for more than 20s, he's a pvp god and deserves to go undetected forever. seriously. even a dedicated sage will weed out a stealth.

scrappers are even easier to pull out of stealth because they lack a sprint.

all of that said, the REAL counter for a stealth in the end zone is control the middle. the other team will be down a dps because said dps is camping the end zone. if the other team is constantly able to get the ball with 7 players, then it's not the stealth in the end zone that's beating you. you're getting stomped at mid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

KettleBelll
01.28.2013 , 01:42 PM | #36

Please learn to play as a team and not a bad. Nothing is Violating any rules of huttball as the only rule of huttball is really DON'T KICK THE BALL.
See, I totally get this spinning kick from Shadows in Huttball.

That's clearly a kick!! Hutts can't do that. Any Hutt watching that game is going to lose immersion, because they can't pretend they are the ones out there playing the game. Hutts can't do spinny kicks.

Should I be sending in CSR reports on Shadows that kick me in Huttball?
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server

Xerain
01.28.2013 , 01:56 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
See, I totally get this spinning kick from Shadows in Huttball.

That's clearly a kick!! Hutts can't do that. Any Hutt watching that game is going to lose immersion, because they can't pretend they are the ones out there playing the game. Hutts can't do spinny kicks.

Should I be sending in CSR reports on Shadows that kick me in Huttball?
YES! NERF SHADOWS IN HUTTBALL!

/signed

cycao
01.28.2013 , 02:00 PM | #38

/signed
Sins are good right?

foxmob
01.28.2013 , 02:02 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Sins are good right?
first word that comes to mind is sinful. so no. not good.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

cashogy_reborn
01.28.2013 , 02:03 PM | #40

/signed
ohnoes your sig is gone!

you have been banned
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads