Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Aric Jorgan's story arc bugged (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Aric Jorgan's story arc bugged (spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
01.27.2013 , 10:08 PM | #1
Level 44 Commando

He's currently at 7600 affection. I was holding off all conversations with my companions, but in the Gauntlet mission he gets injured and he becomes temporarily unavailabe as a crew member. I don't know what was his last convo prior to that. I keep going with my class story and I get a conversation at the med bay. He's ok and he's back into the action,etc, etc

New convo, he talks about again about the Deadeyes and I suggest we should contact Jonas Balkar. Jorgan pulls a holo thingy, says he's calling him and that was it. That convo finished, and now I have the companion lvl 32 quest "Friendly suggestions" in my quest log but its entry is complety empty. There no description at all for it

This is what I have.

All I can do is abandon quest, but I don't know what that would do. How do I fix this ?

wainot-keel
01.30.2013 , 06:56 AM | #2
So... anyone ? anything ? I take fake sympathy

Beesodd
01.30.2013 , 07:02 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi wainot-keel,

Can you try going to the fleet and leaving your ship, and then try to use the reset option on your mission log?

If I remember corectly, this should just be a talk mission, which gives you the next step after the conversation.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

wainot-keel
01.30.2013 , 07:16 AM | #4
Yesterday, at some point questing on Belsavis, checking my quest log I saw the reset button for Jorgan's "Friendly suggestions" became mysteriously enabled. Ofc, I reset the mission and went back to my ship. Nothing. No convo available and the mission log looks exactlly as the picture I posted.

What happens if I use the "Abandon" button ?

Beesodd
01.30.2013 , 07:24 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
It should then just show an available conversation with Jorgan, as if you had just completed Career Discussion.

I would just be a little cautious about this, since the mission is already acting odd. Edit: However, looking into this I have seen reports of players with the same issue for whom abandoning and picking it back up fixed the issue.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

wainot-keel
01.30.2013 , 08:10 AM | #6
So to be perfectly clear, is "Abandon" quest your advice, even when you don't seem to be sure what happens if I do that ? Or you're just commenting on similar stuff that other players did in similar situation ?

Beesodd
01.30.2013 , 08:16 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Yes, in this case, try abandoning the mission and returning to the ship.

Normally we don't ever recommend to do this as reset will usually suffice, but this is an unusual case.

wainot-keel
01.30.2013 , 01:18 PM | #8
Well, I abandoned that quest, went back to my ship and the same thing happened.

Jorgan had the previous convo, about the Deadeyes, and just like it happened before, just as he puts the holo to call Balkar, cutscene ends, the same "Friendly suggestions" quest, completely empty on the quest log gets added, and that's it.
So I abandoned the quest again, but this time instead of suggesting contacting Balkar, I suggested contacting Garza for help. That worked. Jorgan doesn't pull his personal holo thing and we go to the ship's holo. There Garza appeared and quest finished properly.

Conclusion, either Jorgan's holo is broken and he's bsing about taking care of his gear or my girl was right all along: Balkar is totally useless.

Anyway, that did it. Hopefuly this will looked at some day. Yeah, I know.

Thanks.