Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marksmen or Lethality?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marksmen or Lethality?

VbNAsrikk
01.27.2013 , 05:43 PM | #1
Ok so from what i understand lethality snipers because of internal damage can void armor with said dps but does it out dps marksmen snipers?

Chlomamf
01.27.2013 , 05:45 PM | #2
Marksman does the highest damage the quickest last I checked. Throw down an Explosive Prove, Ambush, Instant Snipe + Followthrough your target has just lost half (or near half) of his life. Depending on wether he has shields up or whatnot.

This opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I am full Marksmanship.

VbNAsrikk
01.27.2013 , 06:23 PM | #3
kk tyvm this is very helpful =D i have a GS on pub side but it was iffy because i didnt know which did the most dps =]

Groncho
01.27.2013 , 06:50 PM | #4
eng/sab
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

NoTomorrow
01.27.2013 , 07:09 PM | #5
Check my guide in the signature. Lethality needs more team support and worse enemy healers to be successful, but it can kill tanks faster while sacrificing survivability, burst and target switching speed.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, were okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a wall bang every now and then.

cashogy_reborn
01.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #6
engineering
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Smashbrother
01.27.2013 , 08:49 PM | #7
Marksmen has prob the highest burst out of the three specs, but it's prob the worse of the 3 trees due to it being nearly all white damage. Most of it's damage is all casted/channeled so people LoS you really ****s with the tree.

Engineering has the best utility and surv and pumps out 2nd highest dps. It doesn't require set up like lethality either.

Lethality prob does most dps of the 3, but it requires a lot of set up time. It also has lots of energy problems.

thefishdude
01.27.2013 , 09:08 PM | #8
IMO, it's fairly simple. If you want to just screw around and have fun, go lethality and dot the crap outta people then crush them with Cull. There's no more enjoyment than seeing a sorc/sage force speed away after a Cull, because u know u scared the S**t out of them. Also, LoS is less of an issue in this spec too.

If you want to be more team oriented (once again, IMO), you can run MM or Eng. MM puts out a lot of DPS, some sick burst and the fastest target switching of the three specs (focus fire anyone?). Eng has area denial, puts out it's fair share of DPS too and will destroy the other two sniper specs in a duel (once again, IMO).
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Groncho
01.27.2013 , 09:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Marksmen has prob the highest burst out of the three specs, but it's prob the worse of the 3 trees due to it being nearly all white damage. Most of it's damage is all casted/channeled so people LoS you really ****s with the tree.

Engineering has the best utility and surv and pumps out 2nd highest dps. It doesn't require set up like lethality either.

Lethality prob does most dps of the 3, but it requires a lot of set up time. It also has lots of energy problems.
if u get a arround 38-40% crit its ok, u get enough energy regeneration
problem are cleansers, is funny but non efficient
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Smashbrother
01.27.2013 , 09:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
if u get a arround 38-40% crit its ok, u get enough energy regeneration
problem are cleansers, is funny but non efficient
The problem also is people dying too fast. I'm also not one of those bastards that tab dots everything because that totally ****s with CC and is only good for lawlscoreboard.

My personal favorite spec is probably lethality because it's just fun destroying people when you get everything set up right. I would use engineering for rateds though.