Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

iFruit
01.30.2013 , 05:16 AM | #51
Will offered settings work for a 660ti?
I have maxed out game settings and am completely unsatisfied with graphics quality. FPS is always good unless server lags. Please advise anyone?
<PLAYER NOT FOUND>

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 05:23 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by iFruit View Post
I have maxed out game settings and am completely unsatisfied with graphics quality. FPS is always good unless server lags. Please advise anyone?
Give them a try , try different ones worst case is hit "defaults" on the inspector to go back to how you are now

Kinado
01.30.2013 , 10:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by iFruit View Post
If it's too heavy reduce the multiplier on the aliasing I posted here. Or don't turn the LOD bias to -1.000, leave it at default.

Other than that you can always reduce in-game settings like tree distance or grass quality, should help-

enderandrew
01.30.2013 , 10:36 AM | #54
Nvidia has a tool which will tweak/optimize settings for each game it can detect on your computer based upon your video card.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience

iFruit
01.30.2013 , 02:54 PM | #55
I'm sorry, did everything as on your screenshot, but no graphical improvements are noticeable. Set shiny thing to -3000 and that looks cool, but otherwise...performance hasn't changed (but was perfect to start with, apart from all the bugs and lags)... I find it very peculiar, as evidently my 660ti is supposed to be weaker than your 680.. Have no idea what to do...
<PLAYER NOT FOUND>

Kinado
01.31.2013 , 04:13 AM | #56
Then you did something wrong and the setting didn't apply to the swtor.exe, the file in which your game runs.

There is a huge visual difference with this settings as the aliasing effect ( all those jagged lines moving on the edges of objects and everything really) disappears. If it doesn't show, the game is not recognizing the changes you made.

Make sure you choose the correct profile at Nvidia Inspector : "Star Wars: The Old Republic"

After that check if next to "Antialiasing - Behavior Flags" is set to = None

After you copy all the same setting as the picture I posted of my settings, check the top right button that says "Apply changes".

Also the -3.000 make things way too shiny and it costs some performance. The -1.000 is good enough in my opinion but it's up to you of course.

Good luck

Kinado
01.31.2013 , 04:18 AM | #57
Also Bioware: You should talk to Nvidia or something about these settings as a LOT of people are not aware that they can play the game with the quality these settings offer.

It made the difference for me between not paying a monthly fee to play because it looked horrible and paying it after I realized I could make the game look clean and smooth.

I know I wasn't the only player that really liked the game but unsubbed because it felt poorly optimized, you should do something about it.

Spaceheart
02.01.2013 , 06:52 AM | #58
Nvidia released a new beta driver, anyone tried it? Improvements?

Have tried it, but very briefly so I can't really tell. Just wonderered if anyone else have tried it with Nvidia inspector and used the previous settings.

OwenBrooks
02.01.2013 , 06:55 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Kinado View Post
Also Bioware: You should talk to Nvidia or something about these settings as a LOT of people are not aware that they can play the game with the quality these settings offer.

It made the difference for me between not paying a monthly fee to play because it looked horrible and paying it after I realized I could make the game look clean and smooth.

I know I wasn't the only player that really liked the game but unsubbed because it felt poorly optimized, you should do something about it.
Hi Kinado
I have a 670GTX
For me I tried your settings and didnt like the changes, so I put them mostly back to defaults, must be a preference thing for me. But it does come down to individual choice and thanks for posting them up for people to try.

eldefail
02.03.2013 , 07:23 PM | #60
I don't know if it was a conveniently timed hiccup or not, but I set my compatibility to XP SP3 and couldn't load the list of servers, let alone log into mine. Unticked compatibility mode and it works again, kept the rest of the changes though.

Running a 560 ti, had to drop sparse grid aa to x2. On Coruscant I'm getting over 70 fps still, looks a little better than FXAA but a 30 fps hit. For those havinga hard time with the sparse grid AA, FXAA might be for you. Gets rid of the jaggies but the overall detail just seems to be lacking when it's enabled but it still looks better than the in-game AA settings.