Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

SlimsPicken
01.28.2013 , 01:52 PM | #41
I love playing games where you basically need to be a programmer yourself to get them to run properly.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Kinado
01.28.2013 , 02:20 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
@Kinado

You say you're using DXtory for limiting FPS. I just saw that NVidiaInspector's newest version enables some hidden FPS limiter included in the NVidia drivers, have you tried this one?
No I didn't try the FPS limiter included by Nvidia but should work the same, not sure though. If it doesn't then you know that with Dxtory it works well.

FINNT
01.28.2013 , 03:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
I love playing games where you basically need to be a programmer yourself to get them to run properly.
It's not always the "games" fault. Sometimes the drivers (even specific cards) are so poorly made that this causes all the issues.

But I know what you mean. Before broadband connections you actually could not push out the kind of crap that now days is "publishable".
:laser:

CorbinCrawford
01.28.2013 , 03:52 PM | #44
I am running a GTX 680MX (The 2012 iMac, maxed out version), via Bootcamp.

I downloaded the latest driver for the 680 which seems compatible with the MX, but I would just like to know before I try these steps if you think it'll effect the game.

My main gripes with the game right now (graphically) is people's armor will be blurry/low res despite them standing 2ft from me (panning the camera usually 'clicks' it to the full res graphic - until I pan back and boom low res)

Also my shadow seems to be made up of jaggedy lines, which I am thinking will be fixed with your steps here?

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 05:26 PM | #45
This is another good article on swtor and fps

http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...aphics-part-6/

Kinado
01.29.2013 , 05:21 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by CorbinCrawford View Post
I am running a GTX 680MX (The 2012 iMac, maxed out version), via Bootcamp.

I downloaded the latest driver for the 680 which seems compatible with the MX, but I would just like to know before I try these steps if you think it'll effect the game.

My main gripes with the game right now (graphically) is people's armor will be blurry/low res despite them standing 2ft from me (panning the camera usually 'clicks' it to the full res graphic - until I pan back and boom low res)

Also my shadow seems to be made up of jaggedy lines, which I am thinking will be fixed with your steps here?
Unfortunely I don't know how the gtx 680MX performs but it should be fine. Nothing like testing it yourself! If 4x SGSSAA is too heavy, try 2X SGSSAA and it should be OK. It won't be a perfect aliasing as 4x which removes all jagged lines but its good enough.

As for the blurry textures on people's armors that is normal. That's the "Atlas" feature of SWTOR taking place. It blurs people's armors that are not next to you or that you might not be looking at in order to improve performance in crowded areas.

There should be a setting in your in-game graphics tab saying "Character Texture Atlasing", turn it to "High" and it should fix that. Not completly of course since that is a mechanic of the game itself.

Witnezz
01.29.2013 , 05:52 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by kavol View Post
Wish there was something like this for ATI users.

ATI users always seem to get the shaft, even though they are very good cards (and in some models better than NVIDIA equivalents) they seem to have much less third party support.
I was an ATI user until last Sunday ... Bought a new GTX660 Ti ... booted TOR, right to the pink screen of doom.
Have to run windowed or get "pinked" every login. Never had an issue with my 4870 x2.
--== 1020 ==--
--= 367 =--
--=111111=--

Mindsting
01.29.2013 , 06:31 AM | #48
Silly question but my brain isn't thinking much at 4:30 AM.

I can follow the same steps for 2x GTX 680 in SLI?
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony

OwenBrooks
01.29.2013 , 06:37 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Witnezz View Post
I was an ATI user until last Sunday ... Bought a new GTX660 Ti ... booted TOR, right to the pink screen of doom.
Have to run windowed or get "pinked" every login. Never had an issue with my 4870 x2.
Delete your client_settings file and you should be good it will recreate on start, if it isn't have a look at your dxdiag and ensure it is reporting resolution correctly, sometimes if Hd15 to DVI adapters and hdmi are used it is reported incorrectly

Mindsting
01.29.2013 , 06:52 AM | #50
Tested it out and it actually forces the game to utilize my cards for once.

I know a lot of SLI users were having issues with massive framedrops with scaling nameplates on. Is there anything in these settings that might be the cause of that? I don't have this problem myself but it would be a huge help to the SLI community if there was a solution hidden in here. I won't pretend to fully understand all of these settings.
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony