Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR NVIDIA Anti-Aliasing ( SGSSAA )

jedip_enguin
01.28.2013 , 08:14 AM | #31
After configuring my options to the same as the OP all I noticed was a massive performance hit.

With the system/game managing the settings for me I was around 40-45fps on the fleet

With the OP's settings I crashed all the way to 13-25 and the only difference in quality that was noticeale to my eye was greater number of light relfections in the floor.

I would'nt recommend this for any users with a 560m, I think we lack the grunt to push it through.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Xirifus
01.28.2013 , 08:23 AM | #32
So I got home now and got a chance test with every setting identical to the OP, and I gotta say -- THANK YOU. My game looks gorgeous, and I gained at least 15 fps from this, easily more. For the first time in a long time, I can actually play warzones without them being a constant slideshow.

EDIT: and to clarify, I'm running a single GTX 670.

Jnight
01.28.2013 , 08:30 AM | #33
Quote:
NVIDIA
I found your problem

(LIGHTSABERBLADELIGHTSABERBLADE|[LIGHTSABERHILT]|LIGHTSABERBLADELIGHTSABERBLADE)

Real CE Owners put their text in black

Stoofa
01.28.2013 , 08:31 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnight View Post
I found your problem

LOL.
And your advocating what? AMD?
Yer, they really know how to write good stable drivers.

FINNT
01.28.2013 , 09:45 AM | #35
Now that I can blaim for somebody else starting this line of "conversation".

My life got so much easier when I changed from Radeon to NVIDIA. I didn't need to struggle with almost every game to get it work and use unofficial drivers (OMEGA) to get anything working properly. This was 8 years ago (ATI Radeon). Didn't need to use unofficial drivers for NVIDIA to use cards features.

My brother didn't listen to me and bought prebuild computer with Radeon, because it looked good on "paper". Now He won't buy Radeons either.

They made utter crap for drivers then and what I have been reading they are utter crap under AMD too. Sure they dish out nicely numbered and specced cards, but that's worth nothing if they won't ever reach even partly their potential.

/rant
:laser:

Kinado
01.28.2013 , 10:24 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Xirifus View Post
So I got home now and got a chance test with every setting identical to the OP, and I gotta say -- THANK YOU. My game looks gorgeous, and I gained at least 15 fps from this, easily more. For the first time in a long time, I can actually play warzones without them being a constant slideshow.
You welcome.

Jnight
01.28.2013 , 11:01 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
LOL.
And your advocating what? AMD?
Yer, they really know how to write good stable drivers.
Common, there has to be at least one of 'those' posts in every thread like this. I took the bait.

But yes I do advocate ATI (I will never call them AMD )

I've used ATI since the beginning, never owned an NVIDIA card, and I've never had a problem with any game I've played.

Maybe I'm just lucky....or use my computer smartly.
(LIGHTSABERBLADELIGHTSABERBLADE|[LIGHTSABERHILT]|LIGHTSABERBLADELIGHTSABERBLADE)

Real CE Owners put their text in black

Cretinus
01.28.2013 , 11:12 AM | #38
@Kinado

You say you're using DXtory for limiting FPS. I just saw that NVidiaInspector's newest version enables some hidden FPS limiter included in the NVidia drivers, have you tried this one?

Ka-Shem
01.28.2013 , 12:17 PM | #39
This works like a treat. I'm running a 570 GTX & I thought the game looked good with maxed out in-game settings, but after the changes you recommended, I'm blown away.. Thank you for the post.
KA-SHEM: OVERLORD
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

andreas_barth
01.28.2013 , 12:53 PM | #40
Using a GTX 680 myself, gonna try this straight away!

EDIT:
Wow...just wow! No jagged lines what so ever and super smooth! Thank you so much!