Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

NamikazeNaruto
01.29.2013 , 01:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahael View Post
For DPS stats: Why not 30% crit? Why take any accuracy?
You do not need 30% crit unbuffed when you have particle acceleration/energize that already gives you auto-crit on your projects/shocks, combined with your set bonus of having 3 stacks of force potency/recklessness in DPS gear, you're better off putting that into power. The reason you take any accuracy at all, is because probably 30-50% of your attacks are going to consist of a combination of Double Strike/Thrash, Shadow Strike/Maul, and Spinning Strike/Assassinate, all of which are melee damage and require some accuracy.

Rynis
02.08.2013 , 10:32 AM | #12
Bumpin because this is a good thread.

NamikazeNaruto
02.08.2013 , 12:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Bumpin because this is a good thread.
Thanks, and I have readded my armory link to my signature.

Cowflab
02.09.2013 , 08:56 PM | #14
Is 30% defense the cap? If so, how bad is the DR passed that?

NamikazeNaruto
02.10.2013 , 01:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Is 30% defense the cap? If so, how bad is the DR passed that?
Looked around, but couldn't exactly find a graph or a definitive answer. Only that the diminishing returns are "huge" and it declines "sharply" after 30%. If anyone can find a graph or something definitive, feel free to post it here.

NamikazeNaruto
02.21.2013 , 04:24 PM | #16
New section with discussion and theorycrafting on PTS specs added.

NamikazeNaruto
05.31.2013 , 03:29 PM | #17
This thread has been updated! The information that is no longer applicable has been removed and replaced with a wealth of new information that should help those shadows interested in tanking in PvP .

RankorSSGS
05.31.2013 , 03:54 PM | #18
Quick note about the 17/29/0 spec is that because you are in Dark Charge, you do not gain the full effects of Induction. You do get the 30% surge boost to Maul, but not the Shock cost reduction. Your Shocks are still full cost, which makes Force management very difficult, the main reason I avoid the spec. Other than that, very good guide.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

NamikazeNaruto
05.31.2013 , 04:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Quick note about the 17/29/0 spec is that because you are in Dark Charge, you do not gain the full effects of Induction. You do get the 30% surge boost to Maul, but not the Shock cost reduction. Your Shocks are still full cost, which makes Force management very difficult, the main reason I avoid the spec. Other than that, very good guide.
This is true, thanks for pointing that out to me, I have fixed it, and thanks for the compliment .

Rotee
05.31.2013 , 04:59 PM | #20
Good guide, good player! GET DAT POCKET HEALZ