Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.22.2013 , 12:05 AM | #41
Ahh I wish they would... but I haven't seen mods work with stickies for awhile. (Some threads that are outdated in different forums are still stickied, whereas others that should be stickied are not.)

stephenalandavie's Avatar


stephenalandavie
02.23.2013 , 05:44 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
Ahh I wish they would... but I haven't seen mods work with stickies for awhile. (Some threads that are outdated in different forums are still stickied, whereas others that should be stickied are not.)
What about 2 pve armorings for the extra Endurance or would you say Mitigation is better in this case?
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.23.2013 , 06:56 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
What about 2 pve armorings for the extra Endurance or would you say Mitigation is better in this case?
I used to go with Endurance/PvE armorings, but with the extra expertise you will be able to be healed for more, take less damage, and do more damage to enemy players. Personally I would go with the Expertise instead of PvE armorings. You can still get 26k-27k hp with Rakata/Exotech Fort Stims and fully min/maxed EWH gear(assuming you have all the endurance datacrons/legacy trooper buff.)

anstalt's Avatar


anstalt
02.24.2013 , 02:46 PM | #44
Just wanted to say I've now completed most of my tanking set, tho not min-maxed yet, and have been running around in the 22/17/2 spec for the past few days. Its been great fun! The 25% DR from AOE combined with the 25% DR from blackout are excellent, have managed to survive for ages against large groups of enemies which is seriously satisfying!

The spec is especially effective in Huttball as pretty much no matter what, I can survive all their stuns and burst damage long enough to come out the other side with enough time (plus force speed) to move the ball and get passes off :-)


Thanks again for the advice!
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.24.2013 , 04:03 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by anstalt View Post
Just wanted to say I've now completed most of my tanking set, tho not min-maxed yet, and have been running around in the 22/17/2 spec for the past few days. Its been great fun! The 25% DR from AOE combined with the 25% DR from blackout are excellent, have managed to survive for ages against large groups of enemies which is seriously satisfying!

The spec is especially effective in Huttball as pretty much no matter what, I can survive all their stuns and burst damage long enough to come out the other side with enough time (plus force speed) to move the ball and get passes off :-)


Thanks again for the advice!
Np I'm glad my guide could help you . I personally like tanking more than dpsing, because I hate dying .

P.S. Two new sections. One section explaining the new ability/talent changes and my opinion on them. Another section explaining the 23/21/2 spec on the PTS added. I urge everyone to check out this spec, it may end up being the new kinetic hybrid staple, it offers a lot.

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.24.2013 , 06:37 PM | #46
So um... apparently I can't put anymore into my guide without taking something out...Either that or I'll have to add a continuation of my guide on another post somewhere... I got this message when trying to edit my post earlier.

"Your post is 50043 characters long, please shorten it to 50000 characters"

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
02.24.2013 , 08:45 PM | #47
I'm impressed by the 36/3/7 build, however I would replace Applied force with rapid recovery
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.24.2013 , 08:54 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I'm impressed by the 36/3/7 build, however I would replace Applied force with rapid recovery
True, from a pure tanking perspective you are probably correct in this assessment. Also now that I think about it, I'd rather be 37/5/4 as a pure tank because Celerity is definitely more beneficial for tanking. If you desire more dps you can go 36/3/7 of course.

RaithHarth's Avatar


RaithHarth
02.25.2013 , 10:31 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
True, from a pure tanking perspective you are probably correct in this assessment. Also now that I think about it, I'd rather be 37/5/4 as a pure tank because Celerity is definitely more beneficial for tanking. If you desire more dps you can go 36/3/7 of course.
Even better, but I think you made a slight typo there it should be 36/5/5
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
02.25.2013 , 06:09 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
Even better, but I think you made a slight typo there it should be 36/5/5
Meh didn't mean to, either way it doesn't really matter where you put that last point. I had it in Applied Force but that last point really won't affect your tanking at all.