Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

NoTomorrow
01.27.2013 , 07:12 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
All the Shadow/Assassin and Op/Gunslinger will throw their stupid LTPs out, but come on, how bad of a player do you have to be or what kind of garbage class is it that needs the other person to not be able to fight back, most of the time, a single stun will mean death. Stuns are badly done in this game and the entire system just needs to be reworked to improve pvp overall.

The answer, short of a rework is for resolve to treat all movement impairing affects (slows, mezz, stun and roots) the same and give 100% resolve that decays at a very slow rate.
Adding roots to resolve would require a massive melee classes damage nerf to balance their higher dps uptime as well as tank survivability to balance their huttball performance.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

RyanReagan
01.28.2013 , 01:46 PM | #42
I have a great compromise to get rid of this so-called "stun wars". (TBH, Yes there are stuns but it isn't the stuns that are killing you).

Basically all "hard stuns" have a set amount of damage that the person can recieve before the stun is auto-broken. This damage amount could be based on the expertise of the stunner or just be some sort of baseline, since lowbies don't have expertise.

Here is the original link:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570927
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>

islander
01.28.2013 , 01:48 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
If all the stuns will instantly break on any damage— the PvP Stun madness will be brought to normal.
but then they'd be mezzes!

Quit being so mad. Accept the fact that if you're going to be double or triple teamed...you're going to die. It's reality. In that sense, the game's more balanced then you think. I go after Pubs when I'm doing dailies, but there is no way I'm defeating two of them unless they are injured.

When it comes to something like 12 on 10, the 10 can win, but it has to take someone really, really good to knock off 2 opponents at once, especially factoring in comps.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

islander
01.28.2013 , 01:51 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Adding roots to resolve would require a massive melee classes damage nerf to balance their higher dps uptime as well as tank survivability to balance their huttball performance.
This. So much this.

sanchito
01.28.2013 , 02:22 PM | #45
id like the cc breaker to reset on death pls, wouldn't hurt anyone imo

also a bit more complicated, but i could see something like a 10 - 20% damage reduction per second someone is chain stunned after the first 3 or 4 seconds, would put some penalty on stunlock-killing people, but it's quite possible there would be a downside to that, although i can't see it right now

islander
01.28.2013 , 02:58 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
id like the cc breaker to reset on death pls, wouldn't hurt anyone imo
Now, I can get behind this one suggestion.

Technohic
01.28.2013 , 03:03 PM | #47
I would like it if 1 stun = full resolve, then resolve would go down quicker. So basically, there would be a short period of time between stuns. Then; CC breaker still ends the stun or, if you use it while not stunned, it fills your resolve, which then goes down as if you were stuned without actually being stunned. Cool down stays the same.

TUXs
01.28.2013 , 03:33 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I would like it if 1 stun = full resolve, then resolve would go down quicker. So basically, there would be a short period of time between stuns. Then; CC breaker still ends the stun or, if you use it while not stunned, it fills your resolve, which then goes down as if you were stuned without actually being stunned. Cool down stays the same.
Doesn't go far enough. Far too many CC's completely bypass and ignore Resolve.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

UGLYMRJ
01.28.2013 , 03:35 PM | #49
TL;DR

I would like objective based PvP to be completely broken.

kirorx
01.28.2013 , 03:38 PM | #50
No.

Something else needs to happen to help with resolve but then again if its was not for the stuns huttball would be very easy.

I know it can be a wicked pain to get stun locked till death, but not being able to stun someone would mean they coudl score like crazy and PUGs would break your cc every time.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU