Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

tacito's Avatar


tacito
01.27.2013 , 11:29 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexdoll View Post
are you trollng over semantics? not that this forum ever had any sober and lucid threads but comm'on.
I'm not trolling, just curious if things like a whirl wind or a flash bang are widely considered "8 second stuns" nowadays.

Esiqual's Avatar


Esiqual
01.27.2013 , 11:29 AM | #12
you do realize that nearly all forms of cc can be cleansed in some fashion including mez, snares and roots from nearly every AC. Its not so much CC is OP but most people are too busy thinking about themselves and not their team mates.

Spoletta's Avatar


Spoletta
01.27.2013 , 11:40 AM | #13
Stuns breaking on damage would be a mess, but maybe that reducing the resolve granted by stuns, and in turn filling the white bar with damage suffered while stunned may be an interesting test.

mulzii's Avatar


mulzii
01.27.2013 , 12:27 PM | #14
They should just make every classes anti-cc have a 1minute cooldown, and have feat that can be feated into that provides 5-8 seconds of immunity when triggered (And be used before a cc is landed on you). Fair across the board for all classes.

People can then stun to their hearts content, and others can start stratgically using the anti-cc to twart the cc-spammers.

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
01.27.2013 , 12:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Adellion View Post
Awful idea, you're a tunnell-visioned DPS getting nerdrage because stuns prevent you murdering weaker classes that need stuns to get away from you.
Weaker classes? Why a Powertech doing 5.5k railshot has a 4sec stun PLUS a 3sec stun?
Why a Decepetion Assassin doing 6k Maul has a 4sec stun PLUS 1.5sec stun when comes out of stealth? Do not forget about Low Slash every 16sec.

A sorcerer DPS has so many tools to keep a melee in distance... Sniper has 999 tools to counter melees.
Healers need a 4sec stun, it's fair. But you're wrong when you say "weaker" classes has a stun.

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
01.27.2013 , 12:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
If all the stuns will instantly break on any damageó the PvP Stun madness will be brought to normal.
agree, good idea finally because its out of control ...

or they might push out some WZ with stuns toggle off ...

jibboo's Avatar


jibboo
01.27.2013 , 01:49 PM | #17
Terrible idea.

L2P
Zimbra - Assassin

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.27.2013 , 02:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Terrible idea.

L2P
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Of course he didn't. People don't come to the forums to think. They come to either

A - be stupid

or

B - laugh at stupid
agree with both.
i'm with the B so,AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
01.27.2013 , 02:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Esiqual View Post
you do realize that nearly all forms of cc can be cleansed in some fashion including mez, snares and roots from nearly every AC. Its not so much CC is OP but most people are too busy thinking about themselves and not their team mates.
this is a horrible reply. almost everything can be cleansed, but not by every class that has a cleanse, and most classes do not. for instance, if you need a force cleanse, you need a sage. that invalidates 2/3 ACs with cleansing abilities. if you need a mental effect cleansed, that eliminates 2/3 tech trees in one AC. furthermore, the cleansable debuffs in this game is so pervasive, that you'd need two full time designated cleansers just to cleanse dots - to say nothing of the constant CC. It's literally impossible to keep a target cleansed from the attacks of just one pyro PT. how on earth is cleansing going to manage 2 opponents on the target? Cleanse = 4s. Ion Pulse = 1gcd. A snare, dot, and hib proc all wrapped into one.

look, I get that turning stuns into mezzes can't work, but the cleansability of CCs is a bogus reason why. Here's why it's a bad idea:

Quote: Originally Posted by tacito View Post
So you want to turn all stuns into mezzes? Hey, not that I don't WANT to be completely, utterly immortal as a healer, but did you think this through? You can't stun people in smash spec and take them down. You can't stun healers to take them down. You instantly invalidate every spec that applies any kind of dot (10 or more, off the top of my head), because they can't even deal damage and tactically use a stun (since it's broken immediately by dots).

That change would require such a massive amount of other changes, it's mind boggling.
The op is not wrong. there's stun overkill in this game. and I do think some of the stuns that belong to every class are a bit excessive. However - and this is the real point - you have to address stuns through resolve. how resolve builds, how long it lasts, when it begins to decay, etc. for example, bubble stun (2s) is a hard stun that builds half the resolve of an equally long stun (compare to neural surge 2.5s spec'd). as mentioned below, white bar continues to move while in spawn zone. what irks me (but every sniper in the game defends with their dying breath like a sage and his stun bubble) is that I finally get white barred, I'm still miraculously alive, and now I'm rooted. not snared, mind you, rooted. if roots don't build resolve (reasonable), they should at least respect it. I mean...you only white bar for like 4s....
Quote:
Something I'd rather see changed: Don't let a full resolve bar decay, as long as you're in a "safe zone" like spawn rooms etc. - nothing as frustrating as being stunned to death and then watch that precious white bar tick down in the spawn room. I could imagine problems with voidstar and side nodes in civil war, but maybe then people start using stuns as a last resort and be careful not to whitebar their opponents.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
01.27.2013 , 02:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Adellion View Post
Awful idea, you're a tunnell-visioned DPS getting nerdrage because stuns prevent you murdering weaker classes that need stuns to get away from you.
ROFL!!!!!! "Need stun to get away" So than whats the problem? If you don't attack the stun won't break. Reps made an entirely stun based PvP style. Stun attack, stun, attack, stun, attack, stun, attack. 9 out of 10 times I die stunned, with the retarded resolve bar full, (working as intended) understand that most rebs can't hit moving opponents but BW should not cater PvP rejects. Stun should break on damage.