Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
ALL the Stuns should break on damage. Instantly.

Missandei's Avatar


Missandei
01.27.2013 , 10:00 AM | #1
If all the stuns will instantly break on any damage— the PvP Stun madness will be brought to normal.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Inat_mivea's Avatar


Inat_mivea
01.27.2013 , 10:06 AM | #2
agreed.

SWTOR, like SWG before it, has become Stun Wars

Hexdoll's Avatar


Hexdoll
01.27.2013 , 10:10 AM | #3
Yeah its not fun to be stunned 1/3 or more of the time while playing.

tpryan's Avatar


tpryan
01.27.2013 , 10:16 AM | #4
So simple...and yet stun wars continue

Twin's Avatar


Twin
01.27.2013 , 10:28 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Inat_mivea View Post
agreed.

SWTOR, like SWG before it, has become Stun Wars
SWG didn't have CC even remotely close to SWTOR.

BH and Smuggler had 1 stun each, as far as i know?

Edit: and very few other CC abilities...and no knockbacks at all.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln

tacito's Avatar


tacito
01.27.2013 , 11:18 AM | #6
I'm confused. Maybe my vocabulary is just outdated, but for me, it's like this:

Stun: Loss of character control, does not break on damage, disables movement
Mezz: Loss of character control, breaks on damage, disables movement
Snare/Slow: Reduces movement speed
Root: disables movement

So you want to turn all stuns into mezzes? Hey, not that I don't WANT to be completely, utterly immortal as a healer, but did you think this through? You can't stun people in smash spec and take them down. You can't stun healers to take them down. You instantly invalidate every spec that applies any kind of dot (10 or more, off the top of my head), because they can't even deal damage and tactically use a stun (since it's broken immediately by dots).

That change would require such a massive amount of other changes, it's mind boggling.

Something I'd rather see changed: Don't let a full resolve bar decay, as long as you're in a "safe zone" like spawn rooms etc. - nothing as frustrating as being stunned to death and then watch that precious white bar tick down in the spawn room. I could imagine problems with voidstar and side nodes in civil war, but maybe then people start using stuns as a last resort and be careful not to whitebar their opponents.

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
01.27.2013 , 11:22 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tacito
did you think this through?
Of course he didn't. People don't come to the forums to think. They come to either

A - be stupid

or

B - laugh at stupid

steaktrooper's Avatar


steaktrooper
01.27.2013 , 11:26 AM | #8
If they did this, think about the concealment operatives. They would be even more useless.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Hexdoll's Avatar


Hexdoll
01.27.2013 , 11:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by tacito View Post
I'm confused. Maybe my vocabulary is just outdated, but for me, it's like this:

Stun: Loss of character control, does not break on damage, disables movement
Mezz: Loss of character control, breaks on damage, disables movement
Snare/Slow: Reduces movement speed
Root: disables movement

So you want to turn all stuns into mezzes? Hey, not that I don't WANT to be completely, utterly immortal as a healer, but did you think this through? You can't stun people in smash spec and take them down. You can't stun healers to take them down. You instantly invalidate every spec that applies any kind of dot (10 or more, off the top of my head), because they can't even deal damage and tactically use a stun (since it's broken immediately by dots).

That change would require such a massive amount of other changes, it's mind boggling.
are you trollng over semantics? not that this forum ever had any sober and lucid threads but comm'on.

Adellion's Avatar


Adellion
01.27.2013 , 11:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
If all the stuns will instantly break on any damage— the PvP Stun madness will be brought to normal.
Awful idea, you're a tunnell-visioned DPS getting nerdrage because stuns prevent you murdering weaker classes that need stuns to get away from you.
You said you would never let go... you lied.