Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Flashpoint[THE ESSELS] Bug


Tinytammy's Avatar


Tinytammy
01.26.2013 , 06:22 PM | #1
I just spent about 40 minutes doing this flashpoint because one of them really irritating players that has to analyse every conversation in every detail before chosing his answer, got to literally the last conversation in the flashpoint and the game just shut down, after i had an error message saying it stopped working, logged back in and i was right at the beginning again....

Can ingame support do something to compensate the 40 mins ive just wasted or is this another issue that can't be sorted?

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.26.2013 , 06:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinytammy View Post
I just spent about 40 minutes doing this flashpoint because one of them really irritating players that has to analyse every conversation in every detail before chosing his answer, got to literally the last conversation in the flashpoint and the game just shut down, after i had an error message saying it stopped working, logged back in and i was right at the beginning again....

Can ingame support do something to compensate the 40 mins ive just wasted or is this another issue that can't be sorted?
The esseles and the black talon (Imperial equivalent) have had this issue since launch. Dont look for it to ever be fixed. Bug fixing is not a Bioware priority, unless it is a bug with the Cartel Market of course -- then that's different.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 06:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinytammy View Post
I just spent about 40 minutes doing this flashpoint because one of them really irritating players that has to analyse every conversation in every detail before chosing his answer, got to literally the last conversation in the flashpoint and the game just shut down, after i had an error message saying it stopped working, logged back in and i was right at the beginning again....

Can ingame support do something to compensate the 40 mins ive just wasted or is this another issue that can't be sorted?
There is a known issue with some flashpoints, some have managed to stop the crashes, what you just described is a little different in returning to the start.

Fail safe workaround is to minimize the game during the hyperspace jump if that is where you crashed.

Have a look at this link link it also leads to other threads http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589017

Edit - another thread - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.26.2013 , 06:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
There is a known issue with some flashpoints, some have managed to stop the crashes, what you just described is a little different in returning to the start.

Fail safe workaround is to minimize the game during the hyperspace jump if that is where you crashed.

Have a look at this link link it also leads to other threads http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589017
Hi Owen. Question: So you think it is OK, in your book, that a known problem with crashing in The Esseles and The Black Talon has been completely ignored for over a year now by the dev team? I understand the whiteknight aspect (as I used to be one myself), and I do appreciate the time you spend on helping people, but come on man! Really? A work-around for a known and common bug that has existed since launch? The players deserve better than this, especially those who pay to play. The devs need to fix the issue or redo the part of the FP that causes the problem. It's been a year now -- plenty of time to have tracked, and fixed, this issue.

It is time for even you Owen, to hold these people accountable.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 06:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Hi Owen. Question: So you think it is OK, in your book, that a known problem with crashing in The Esseles and The Black Talon has been completely ignored for over a year now by the dev team? I understand the whiteknight aspect (as I used to be one myself), and I do appreciate the time you spend on helping people, but come on man! Really? A work-around for a known and common bug that has existed since launch? The players deserve better than this, especially those who pay to play. The devs need to fix the issue or redo the part of the FP that causes the problem. It's been a year now -- plenty of time to have tracked, and fixed, this issue.

It is time for even you Owen, to hold these people accountable.
I think there are several different reasons why people are crashing, can swtor do something to stop the crash at the hyperspace animation, I would of thought if it was a simple fix it would of been done already (not everyone crashes).
A few hundred crashing out of say ten thousand can make it hard to find the cause.

Is it worthwhile altering code when what occurs at the hyperspace jump , yes have swtor been doing this , likely.

Should they delete the hyperspace jump altogether until a solution is found , yes, if it is easily do-able.

I prefer to inform people of workarounds or fixes for their issues not to get into a guessing game I do not know all the facts on.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.26.2013 , 07:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
A few hundred crashing out of say ten thousand can make it hard to find the cause.
Oh I think we both know the number is far far greater than a few hundred. There is a corporate axiom that states if one person is complaining about the product, you can multiply the number by 1,000. As that's how many people wont bother to complain. So, for every ONE complaining voice -- you can multiply that voice by 1,000.

This is a basic customer service metric that Bioware, and some like yourself, do not understand.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 07:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Oh I think we both know the number is far far greater than a few hundred. There is a corporate axiom that states if one person is complaining about the product, you can multiply the number by 1,000. As that's how many people wont bother to complain. So, for every ONE complaining voice -- you can multiply that voice by 1,000.

This is a basic customer service metric that Bioware, and some like yourself, do not understand.
DO not presume to know what I do and do not know, you are just bitter and it shows, go play another game for all I care, and I do not care to get into philosophical debates on the universe and how it operates.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.26.2013 , 07:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
DO not presume to know what I do and do not know, you are just bitter and it shows, go play another game for all I care, and I do not care to get into philosophical debates on the universe and how it operates.
Didnt mean to upset you Owen. Was not my purpose. However, to answer people continously and to imply that the issue does not exist, or that SWTOR is perfect, is NOT the right way to create change. There is a problem with this game Owen. Darn near two-million people left SWTOR for a reason. It sure wasn't because they didn't want to pay the sub fee (as stated by Mr. Hinkman). It was because this game has serious issues. We can't keep ignoring THIS FACT!

No i'm not going to leave. I like SWTOR, that's the problem. I changed from a fanboy (like yourself) to a critc after I realized that white-knighting this game IS being part of the problem, and not the solution. I want this game to succeed! The wife and I both play, we both pay a sub, we both buy from the CM. By doing so, I realize we too are part of the problem, but like I said -- I want this game to succeed. But to do so, we must hold these developers accountable for thier code, lack of fixes, and non-existant customer support.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.26.2013 , 07:31 PM | #9
I played COH for 8 years and the first 2 years the game was a mess to be honest , the game still had bugs from beta the day it closed, they also introduced bugs after patches etc etc , it was in my opinion one of the best mmos ever made but they closed it and that was that. All games have issues and what affects one person may not affect another, I am not a fan boy, I do enjoy playing the game and have no issues doing so, sure i get to see the bugs like disappearing UI on exit, and I know they will be looking at fixing it, but I do not have tunnel vision on the issues that affect any online game.

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.26.2013 , 07:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
sure i get to see the bugs like disappearing UI on exit, and I know they will be looking at fixing it
Curious, what gives you this confidence? The bugs in this game are far to many to list; however, there are many. A good number of them have been around since launch of the game.

Fixing bugs does not appear to be a priority for Bioware. The priority is:

1. FTP Implementation.
2. Cartel Market.
3. Getting people to pay for a DLC they had earlier stated would be free.

Things that are not a priority, but should be:

1. Bug fixes.
2. Customer Support.
3. Active community management. (I mean really what does SWTOR's CM do? -- I would love to know)
4. Honest discussion from the devs about bugs and other issues
(see Rift for how a CM and Dev team should be with their player-base).
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999