Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash to Desktop fixed yet?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crash to Desktop fixed yet?

aviatorweldon
01.30.2013 , 11:23 AM | #11
For 32-bit that may help, but I'm currently running 12GB of DDR3.

Burtlebe
01.30.2013 , 11:51 AM | #12
I am running 8 pro 64 bit 16 gb memory on a monster system and since last patch I get a ctd everyone 40 mins or so. some days its ok but today its ridiculous
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

FINNT
01.30.2013 , 01:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
If your using 32bit OS have you tried the bcdedit setting ? it has solved or helped drammaticly a lot of those that where crashing every 1-2 hours.

I don't quite get it. On 32-bit system you can have more than 3 gigs RAM, but you can really use only little over three. So what does this thing do? Does it change the amount that single application can reserve memory or what?

Plus I have only three gigs, because I felt it would be waste to get extra gig. I have read somewhere that TOR can use 3 gigs easily. So its miraculous that it works so long on my setup (hour and a half).
:laser:

aviatorweldon
01.30.2013 , 02:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by FINNT View Post
I don't quite get it. On 32-bit system you can have more than 3 gigs RAM, but you can really use only little over three. So what does this thing do? Does it change the amount that single application can reserve memory or what?

Plus I have only three gigs, because I felt it would be waste to get extra gig. I have read somewhere that TOR can use 3 gigs easily. So its miraculous that it works so long on my setup (hour and a half).
The 'bcedit' command edits the page file/virtual memory alloted. This comes into effect when all 3 GB of RAM are being utilized already, and the computer needs extra space to store information.

FINNT
01.30.2013 , 02:53 PM | #15
So on XP for example it is the same as:

Own computer -> Properties -> Additional settings -> Performance settings -> Additional settings -> Virtual memory -> Change

Thats the way I have changed it

Current value is 2046 Mt -> 2 Gigs. By the common rule it could be RAM x 1.5 iirc.
:laser:

aviatorweldon
01.31.2013 , 08:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by aviatorweldon View Post
I'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate x64, with cross-fired ATI Powercolor 6850's. Last night in an attempt to resolve the issue, I rolled my Catalyst drivers from 13.1 back to 11.11. I will update tonight with how it runs, and if any CTD.
So last night I played for roughly 2 hours straight without a CTD. I will update again to night if issue remains resolved.