Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

best headset

Crerin
01.26.2013 , 03:36 PM | #1
So I have lost my old headset USB adapter, and my new laptop doesn't have any mic or sound ports (oh joy!) So I am stuck with an old worthless headset. I was just wondering if anyone had any good headsets they would recommend for either quality or value. The only requirement is that it must come with a usb adapter.
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara

ForsakenKing
01.26.2013 , 06:09 PM | #2
I use Logitech H800. It is a wireless USB headset which is nice for a laptop. I cant test the full range of the wireless but it works all through my apartment unless I walk behind our brick fireplace. They are super light and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. They arent Beats but they have great sound quality. The mic is sensitive and you sound like yourself when you talk through it. However, the headset isn't sound canceling. personally, i wanted that so i can hear when someone in another room is calling my name but i know that is a deal-breaker for some.

plus, they are affordable (got mine for 60$)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...567&CatId=7214

Skyhigh
01.27.2013 , 02:12 AM | #3
If you like nice quality this is the pair I use. Logitech G930

Ansalem
01.27.2013 , 11:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
If you like nice quality this is the pair I use. Logitech G930
this is the headset I use as well. Very high quality you can hear your taun taun pets fart.

J-showdo
01.28.2013 , 08:38 AM | #6
i just bought an alienware headset expecting high quality, idk if its a bum set but its to the point when im solo quing and listening to music i plug in a different headset, they are very comforatable and look really nice, the mic retracts into the headset when not in use.. but when it comes to quality its definetly not there... my old headset i used to run about 50% game sound, with the new ones i have to run 100%..
J-showdo
-I AM LEGEND-

Jarfunkz
01.28.2013 , 09:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by J-showdo View Post
i just bought an alienware headset expecting high quality, idk if its a bum set but its to the point when im solo quing and listening to music i plug in a different headset, they are very comforatable and look really nice, the mic retracts into the headset when not in use.. but when it comes to quality its definetly not there... my old headset i used to run about 50% game sound, with the new ones i have to run 100%..
That could be a couple things, most likely it has a higher internal impedance than your other ones. Higher quality head sets tend to have a 32-50 ohm internal impedance, while cheap stuff has 16 ohm.
VicVega

Rendolphe
01.28.2013 , 09:47 AM | #8
Sennheiser PC 350
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

Envyyyyyyy
01.28.2013 , 11:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Sennheiser PC 350
^^ This or if you got the funds

Astros A50s
I use the A40s
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Crerin
01.29.2013 , 06:17 PM | #10
that middle one looks pretty legit.
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara