Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most unappealing companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most unappealing companion?

Venlo
01.25.2013 , 05:11 PM | #1
What are your suggestions?
I am not a big fan of Skage and Qyzen Fess, just because of the looks.
want to sell:

Rabenschwinge
01.26.2013 , 07:41 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Venlo View Post
What are your suggestions?
I am not a big fan of Skage and Qyzen Fess, just because of the looks.
Some companions are sexless monsters. Some companions are lizards rather than mammals. Some companions are machines and whether they are pieces of equipment or persons depends on the beholder.

So this question cannot be answered, because too many companions can categorically not attract my characters at all - and that is not a flaw said characters, that just the way it is.

If the question is, which character we find most repulsive from those that would usually be taken into consideration for a mate, the answer would come from my female Jedi Knight and be "Doc". She pretty much shares Kira's (i.e. "Little Miss Uptight" in his words) attitude towards him, though she's more diplomatic about it.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

iamthehoyden
01.26.2013 , 11:58 AM | #3
Most unappealing....

IMO, Skadge hands down. Not only is he physically repulsive, having an appearance close to a semi-melted pile of lard, he is also a bully with no redeeming qualities such as wit or intelligence. (You can contrast him to a charcter like Tanno Vik. Vik is also not physically attractive and can be a bully. However, Vik has a really dry wit, is cunning, and respects the Havoc Squad CO. I like Vik, hate Skadge.)

Skadge is by far the most unappealing companion I've encountered. (There are 42 companions. I've picked up 29 so far.) Honorable mention goes to:
The Ship Droids. Thank goodness they reduced the frequency that these guys speak, but I would adore a way to shut them off. Seriously want to punch them every time I walk on board a ship. Plus I don't care for the design. I know it's supposed to be an older version of the C3PO model, but I just don't care for it.

Nadia and Raina Temple also severely irritate me. Something about their tones and hero worship and really stupid decision making just makes me wish for a 2x4 so I could smack them upside the head. With them it's all about their personality.

Other than that, while there are companions I don't care for, I wouldn't say any others are unappealing.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kirorx
01.26.2013 , 07:59 PM | #4
Sgt rusk he just does not say much, I don't use him and he looks the same in no matter he wears plus he has no customization options so he just boring to play with. I need to customize
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

YoshiRaphElan
01.27.2013 , 08:44 PM | #5
Gotta second Skadge. I've completed trooper, bounty hunter, and gotten to act 2 on JK. So far, I like everyone -- even, as mentioned before, Vik -- except Skadge. Ugh.

DarthGile
01.28.2013 , 08:29 AM | #6
Skadge. His name alone makes you want to punch him in the face.

stuffystuffs
01.28.2013 , 02:37 PM | #7
Tharan Cedrax. My full LS Consular would air-lock him even if it meant gaining 10000 DS points.

Never leveled a BH so I can't comment on Skadge.
Node guarder

LastWizard
01.28.2013 , 02:41 PM | #8
I think skadge is great. I enjoy having him around. He's really funny to me. Tharan is annoying. I want to push him out of an airlock, holiday can stay.

SithKoriandr
01.28.2013 , 05:44 PM | #9
Skadge. He basically forces his way onto your ship and you're stuck with him. It's like they knew almost no one would take him.

Pubsam
01.28.2013 , 06:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
I think skadge is great. I enjoy having him around. He's really funny to me..
His whole recruitment story made no sense, and being a tank I have no use for him, but I find Skadge kind of amusing too... mostly just what he says when I send him on missions. Don't bug me!
Time for a nap.