Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 11:47 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I know, but I suspect Revan will win the bonus round and Traya will win the finals, both seem to have some amount of plot armor going for them. Things will get interesting again in the next round of Kaggaths.
It's sad to see you lost faith in me due to a simple mistake. Its incidents like these that discourage me from doing more rounds...

Maaruin
02.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It's sad to see you lost faith in me due to a simple mistake. Its incidents like these that discourage me from doing more rounds...
Well, I do have faith in you for most of the time. During most Kaggaths you have been very fair and impartial. I'ts only with Traya that I don't trust your judgment anymore, because she already did have victories on earlier points which didn't seem that plausible to many debaters.

Revan and the Sith Emperor also had victories I would call debatable. Debatable, but not problematic. The only real problem I have is your handling of Traya.

Maybe, in the next rounds, you could look at the opponents at the beginning and decide which one you like the most. Then you could hand this specific Kaggath over to someone else and participate as debater.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
02.04.2013 , 12:23 PM | #193
Maybe, in the next rounds, you could look at the opponents at the beginning and decide which one you like the most. Then you could hand this specific Kaggath over to someone else and participate as debater.
Like me!? If that does happen, sign me up Beni!
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 12:45 PM | #194
Well, I do have faith in you for most of the time. During most Kaggaths you have been very fair and impartial. I'ts only with Traya that I don't trust your judgment anymore, because she already did have victories on earlier points which didn't seem that plausible to many debaters.

Revan and the Sith Emperor also had victories I would call debatable. Debatable, but not problematic. The only real problem I have is your handling of Traya.

If only to restore your faith in me, maybe I'll confer with another (Aurbere ) before I call it. However I don't see much room for biased when totting up tallies as I have done here (which shows Traya won by a long mile.) The only way I could be referred to as biased is the fact I put forward a lot of points for Traya. However that is only because, Traya being a favorite character, I have extensive knowledge of her, while I have little knowledge of Kun or Xizor. Not that that makes a difference unless by points are fabricated and false.

But I really don't see the problem, I've done a tally and it shows Traya to be the victor. I'd ask you to trust that I didn't give her 20 extra points on a whim. That is just a blatant disregard of the facts. I really think Traya killing Kun was far more plausible than the other way around. Read the thread again, many plausible points for Traya defeating Kun were left uncountered or not sufficiently countered. If anything the points for Kun where implausible e.g. Kun staying at Malachor and waiting 8 days for Ulic to come back while Traya burns down his Temples (in what universe would Kun do nothing?) At one point Aurbere even admitted Traya would win. Then reverted to his original stance, despite his final point directly contradicting his former position (that Traya would win the space battle - no offense Aurbere.) I really think people's biased towards Kun, which is leading people to ignore the facts, is just as responsible for these problems as my supposed 'biased' towards Traya (which is really just a automatic suspicion that everyone has when I declare my favourite character a winner.) Just like it was with Revan. I'd also like to take this moment to point out that Grievous is my second favourite Star Wars character, right behind Traya and in front of Sidious. I have little favour towards Revan whatsoever, I only defend him in the face of anti-Revan opinions. I couldn't care less if he wins this Kaggath or is retconned into N-Canon.

The only thing I will confess to is calling the fight too early, and not giving people a chance to counter the point against Xizor. And for that I apologize.

But enough of this, its time to move on.

Maaruin
02.04.2013 , 01:30 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
If only to restore your faith in me, maybe I'll confer with another (Aurbere ) before I call it. However I don't see much room for biased when totting up tallies as I have done here (which shows Traya won by a long mile.) The only way I could be referred to as biased is the fact I put forward a lot of points for Traya. However that is only because, Traya being a favorite character, I have extensive knowledge of her, while I have little knowledge of Kun or Xizor. Not that that makes a difference unless by points are fabricated and false.

But I really don't see the problem, I've done a tally and it shows Traya to be the victor. I'd ask you to trust that I didn't give her 20 extra points on a whim. That is just a blatant disregard of the facts. I really think Traya killing Kun was far more plausible than the other way around. Read the thread again, many plausible points for Traya defeating Kun were left uncountered or not sufficiently countered. If anything the points for Kun where implausible e.g. Kun staying at Malachor and waiting 8 days for Ulic to come back while Traya burns down his Temples (in what universe would Kun do nothing?) At one point Aurbere even admitted Traya would win. Then reverted to his original stance, despite his final point directly contradicting his former position (that Traya would win the space battle - no offense Aurbere.) I really think people's biased towards Kun, which is leading people to ignore the facts, is just as responsible for these problems as my supposed 'biased' towards Traya (which is really just a automatic suspicion that everyone has when I declare my favourite character a winner.) Just like it was with Revan. I'd also like to take this moment to point out that Grievous is my second favourite Star Wars character, right behind Traya and in front of Sidious. I have little favour towards Revan whatsoever, I only defend him in the face of anti-Revan opinions. I couldn't care less if he wins this Kaggath or is retconned into N-Canon.

The only thing I will confess to is calling the fight too early, and not giving people a chance to counter the point against Xizor. And for that I apologize.

But enough of this, its time to move on.
OK, well, then I take back what I said about you being biased for Revan.

The points are a good tool to increase the objectivity and I really appreciate that you counted them. However, as I said, when I counted them, I got 26-26-25 (I missed a Traya scenario last time which gave her tree more points). I guess mine is more inaccurate than yours. My problem is not so much Traya winning this Kaggath, but Traya winning this Kaggath and the Kaggath against Revan. But if you confer with Aurbere before calling the finals, you have restored my faith in you.

By the way, this isn't the only reason I am more interested in the next round than the bonus round and final. It is basically the same effect as in RL tournaments. When your team is out, and you don't have a second favorite, you start caring more for the next time than the resto of the tournament. (Several times I watched the semi-finals of the football world cup, but not the finals.) I don't like either of them winning this Kaggath. Their voctories wouldn't be undeserved, though. (I should have said that earlier, to not sound too discourageing. Sorry.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall