Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 12:07 PM | #161
Combatants can use 'the people' but no groups or organisations of any kind. But I doubt 'the people' are really going to be of much use in this Kaggath. These guys aren't petty crime lords, none of them care about 'the people' - and lets face it what are they going to do? Throw rocks?

And concerning Xizor, he can't go to Falleen, mainly because he had no presence there or any kind of base after Vader wiped out his family. There is nothing for him there. Most likely (if he does go somewhere) he will go a hideout on the Outer Rim. And for arguments sake that would be Mustafar.

Your argument for Xizor going mobile is a good one however.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.31.2013 , 01:01 PM | #162
Been a while since I posted in here, but I want to address a few things.

First is Traya's element of surprise. Or the fact that she has none. Exar Kun's Force sense can be used for more than just finding Traya. He can use it to find the other Sith in Traya's army. This pretty much allows him to locate Traya's army no matter where it is. Which means Traya won't be ambushing him at any time unless she personally does it (or she cuts her own forces off from The Force, but that would be stupid of her).

Second is Xizor's ability to buy things (correct me if I'm wrong). I think this area is being overestimated. Not his ability to purchase stuff, because let's face it, he could buy whatever he wants. What I'm talking about is how quickly he can get this stuff. He can't just buy something and it instantly be there next to him like in a video game (not that that was implied). This strategy takes time. He needs to set up deals, make transactions, and then transport the stuff where he needs it. This takes time, and unless he buys everything on Coruscant, he doesn't have the time to get everything. But by all means, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong. The Black Market isn't my forte.

Third is the Battle of Coruscant (if there will be a battle). First, are we using the fleet at the Battle over Coruscant (the one where Xizor died) as an accurate judgment of his forces? If so, then he is already outnumbered. Ulic already has 300 ships that were stolen from the Foerost shipyards. Add in the Krath fleet and Xizor's fleet is heavily outnumbered. He will also have to deal with the swarms of Chaos Fighters and the addition of Basilisk War Droids (Supremacy-class ships carried Basilisks). Plus if he tries to escape in Virago during the battle, it will be halted by the tractor beams of the Supremacys and blown to bits. Xizor would have to run before the battle begins (if there is a battle).
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.31.2013 , 01:21 PM | #163
Your right it would take time for Xizor to get the things he needs, setting all the stuff up and everything. Though the stuff wouldn't need to be assembled as it would be, so the only part really is getting the things he buys where they are needed which wouldn't really take long depending on where Xizor is getting the supplies as there is a Black Market located on virtually every planet. Here is how I see it...

Xizor walks in on the Black Market

"Here take my credits, and bring me everything illegal including armor, ships, weapons, and other supplies."

Xizor then throws credits literally at the dealer blinding him before going to meet the demands, cause no one ****s with Xizor.

Ok that was just my bit at being humorous lol. But anyway ya, it would take time but Beni said it would take a week for Ulic to get to Courscant right? That is plenty of time to get some stuff going.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 02:13 PM | #164
It would actually take Ulic a day to get to Coruscant, given his position in the Deep Core. And on that note, I think its important we consider if Xizor would flee or not, during the battle or before. (He could flee during the battle while Ulic moved his fleet into position - but would he want to?) I'm just thinking that Ulic could trick Xizor into underestimating him and remaining put... we also have to consider that Xizor is expecting an attack in 8 days time, not 1.

And concerning the ambush, point. But Traya would likely leave her all but her Sith Assassins and non-Force sensitive troops behind. The Sith assassins were also skilled in the art of Force concealment. This however would excluded Sion, who could either be left behind and fake his death or (more likely) be sent to Korriban and act as bait.

And before you bring up that Traya could be killed in battle. As not one to fight on the front lines she would probably take an Interdictor and command her forces from afar (in the same sector) rather than engage head on. This would lose her 1 Interdictor but would also allow her to use foresight and shatterpoints to aid her forces, as well as telepathy if Kun jammed their transmissions.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.31.2013 , 02:16 PM | #165
Wait then what was a week? Getting to Yavin?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 02:23 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Wait then what was a week? Getting to Yavin?
Yes, or rather 8 days. Ulic will strike from the Deep Core which takes a day. However Xizor is only aware of Kun's central base on Yavin IV and therefore will expect an attack from there, not from the Deep Core.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.31.2013 , 02:24 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
And concerning the ambush, point. But Traya would likely leave her all but her Sith Assassins and non-Force sensitive troops behind. The Sith assassins were also skilled in the art of Force concealment. This however would excluded Sion, who could either be left behind and fake his death or (more likely) be sent to Korriban and act as bait.

And before you bring up that Traya could be killed in battle. As not one to fight on the front lines she would probably take an Interdictor and command her forces from afar (in the same sector) rather than engage head on. This would lose her 1 Interdictor but would also allow her to use foresight and shatterpoints to aid her forces, as well as telepathy if Kun jammed their transmissions.
Then she has minimal forces. The number of forces she has is quite low, and leaving most of them behind severely weaknes her overall war effort, and makes boarding her ships and destroying them from within even easier. Also remember that Kun has his own elite sect of assassins.

Traya will eventually be cornered and defeated. She can run and hide, but her forces will be whittled down, leaving her with one ship. One ship alone won't do her much.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 02:27 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Then she has minimal forces. The number of forces she has is quite low, and leaving most of them behind severely weaknes her overall war effort, and makes boarding her ships and destroying them from within even easier. Also remember that Kun has his own elite sect of assassins.

Traya will eventually be cornered and defeated. She can run and hide, but her forces will be whittled down, leaving her with one ship. One ship alone won't do her much.
That my friend, is a subject of debate. But you make a good point. I think however we should direct our focus to how Kun will beat Xizor, or how Traya will beat Xizor, which right now is pretty ambiguous.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.31.2013 , 02:30 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That my friend, is a subject of debate. But you make a good point. I think however we should direct our focus to how Kun will beat Xizor, or how Traya will beat Xizor, which right now is pretty ambiguous.
We have been neglecting the other areas of this battle, now haven't we?

Let me think on that.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.31.2013 , 04:56 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It would actually take Ulic a day to get to Coruscant, given his position in the Deep Core. And on that note, I think its important we consider if Xizor would flee or not, during the battle or before. (He could flee during the battle while Ulic moved his fleet into position - but would he want to?) I'm just thinking that Ulic could trick Xizor into underestimating him and remaining put... we also have to consider that Xizor is expecting an attack in 8 days time, not 1.
Does Xizor know about the millions of Krath waiting less than a day away from him?

Yes.

Xizor's information network would alert him IMMEDIATLY if such a force suddenly appeared that close to his HQ. Xizor may not know about Ulic, but he'll know about the Krath, and that they are obviously out to kill him and go into overdrive preparing. Also, even if he didn't see this attack coming, obviously if a giant army is a week away you're going to start preparing ASAP. I think Xizor will have his ducks in a row when he gets attacked on Coruscant.

I do think Xizor would flee, but not without attempting to destroy Ulic. Being a sitting duck in his palace is an obvious no-no. He'll take his ship and leave, but his fleet will stay on the planet. His palace will be well-guarded and everything will look like Xizor's there.... all while he's escaping to Mustafar () and assembling fhis forces. The battle would probably rage on a couple days, buying him time.

Once Ulic has managed to fight his way to Xizor's throne room, I assume Guri will be waiting there to face him... probably with a bunch of explosives to back her up. The explosion will kill Ulic and Guri, but it'll seem as if (to the Krath forces) Xizor died too.

EDIT: OR Guri could go with him, but they still blow up the palace. Guri assumes command of the Black Sun operations, making it seem as if Xizor is dead. She assembles a fleet that Traya and Kun don't care about because they think they've killed Xizor, while he's secretly schemeing from the shadows.

Bottom Line: I think Xizor will flee and fake his death, buying him time.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?