Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Aurbere
01.29.2013 , 04:49 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
This doesn't make any sense. Both Traya and Xizor will flee their HQs, meaning Kun will think BOTH are cowards and unworthy. Add to the equation that Xizor is a crime lord and not a Sith lord, and Kun will go after Traya first. Giving Xizor time to assemble at his fortress and ready is limitless resources and powerful army to battle Kun. Xizor will also be able to play from the shadows, sending assassins or Guri or biological weapons/bad supplies.
Xizor's forces will provide a fight for Ulic. Traya will leave a small force to defend Malachor. Leading Kun to believe that Traya won't be a threat, whereas Xizor will be.

He will consider Traya unworthy because she isn't your typical Sith. She isn't going to fight Kun straight up. Which will make him think she is a weak old woman. Also Xizor's forces provide more of a fight for the Tetan Navy. Since Traya will be leaving Malachor, Kun will take out the biggest threat first. And in Kun's eyes, that is Xizor.

Xizor has the bigger force. Exar Kun will take out his biggest threat first.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride
01.29.2013 , 05:06 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Xizor has the bigger force. Exar Kun will take out his biggest threat first.
But will Kun know Xizor has more reenforcements? If he tears through his fleet at Coruscant, he'll think that's all he has. And Traya has a sizable force herself, made of many more larger and deadlier ships.

Wouldn't a Sith's biggest threat be another Sith? Kun would be a fool to think leaving Traya to do as she will would be better than taking her down asap.

I think both Traya and Xizor will escape, and Kun will have to go after both again at the same time, splitting up his forces.Thus making his army easier to deal with. He would be a fool to ignore one until he has dealt with the other.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere
01.29.2013 , 05:14 PM | #143
But will Kun know Xizor has more reenforcements? If he tears through his fleet at Coruscant, he'll think that's all he has. And Traya has a sizable force herself, made of many more larger and deadlier ships.

Wouldn't a Sith's biggest threat be another Sith? Kun would be a fool to think leaving Traya to do as she will would be better than taking her down asap.

I think both Traya and Xizor will escape, and Kun will have to go after both again at the same time, splitting up his forces.Thus making his forces easier to deal with. He would be a fool to ignore one until he has dealt with the other.
Of course Exar Kun will have to deal with them both eventually. And splitting up his forces won't make them too vulnerable. The Mandalorian fleet and a small portion of the Tetan Navy can handle Traya's fleet. The rest of the Krath forces can manage Xizor's forces until Kun defeats Traya's fleet.

A single Kyramud can handle the Ravager, the other one can take a ton of punishment, while the Chaos Fighters and Krath battle-ships attack the Interdictors. Basilisks will also play a factor as they can rip the durasteel off of the hulls of ships or even puncture the glass of the bridge of the Ravager/Interdictors, which would make a big impact.

Really, Traya's fleet wouldn't be able to handle what Kun can throw at her. Especially if he regroups with Ulic after attacking Malachor.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Warren-Stride
01.29.2013 , 08:10 PM | #144
To further my point that Xizor and the Black Sun are perfectly able to fight war, consider this:
(From: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Sun)

Capital Ships:

Interceptors (Known for ability to punch through shields w/ torpeados) The Favorite ship of Pirates
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inter...-class_frigate

Venator Class (Used as the main Republic frigate during the Clone Wars)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Venat...Star_Destroyer

Wait for it....

Mon Calamari Crusiers (Heavy Shields and the Fav of the Rebellion)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_...e_Star_Cruiser

Not to mention any other ships they've stolen or pirated from the Empire and Rebellion. Also, with this unlimited credits, Xizor could easily send facilities such as Mon Calamari into overdrive and make tons more ships. He could also easily bribe anyone in the criminal underworld (along with their ships) now that all other major organizations are gone.

Xizor will have no problem making a large fleet. He already has a large navy and military of Black Sun, but he can also make and buy countless more troops.

All Xizor has to do is say: "Work for me and I'll pay you a million credits each" and thugs will come streaming in from all over the galaxy to aid him.
~~ AiR ~~

Aurbere
01.29.2013 , 08:28 PM | #145
Not to mention any other ships they've stolen or pirated from the Empire and Rebellion. Also, with this unlimited credits, Xizor could easily send facilities such as Mon Calamari into overdrive and make tons more ships. He could also easily bribe anyone in the criminal underworld (along with their ships) now that all other major organizations are gone.
I wasn't aware that the Mon Calamari shipyards were under Black Sun control.

Warren-Stride
01.29.2013 , 08:31 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I wasn't aware that the Mon Calamari shipyards were under Black Sun control.
They're shipyards.... they make ships for people who pay. And, now that they're not under Rebellion "control", and I'm almost positive that Traya and Kun don't have it in their territory, I'd be easy for Xizor to say "Here, credits, make me ships. You don't want to be ruled by a Sith, do you?"
~~ AiR ~~

Wolfninjajedi
01.29.2013 , 08:35 PM | #147
The Black Sun also has access to

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AEG-77_Vigo - Modified Vigo's transforming them into pretty much heavily armed gunships.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha...ng_starfighter - V-wings

Starvipers

A-wings

Y-wings

etc, etc if its labeled as used by Pirates(or any Underworld Organization for that matter) then the Black Sun more then likely has them or can get them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.30.2013 , 12:24 PM | #148
First of all, take a look at this. Seeing as we've evolved from the prehistoric times of flames wars and like, and become more advanced, this hyperspace travel time table (geeky I know ) could come in handy.

Basically take the number, and times it by the hyperdrive rating.

• So to get from Empress Teta to Coruscant with a hyperdrive rating of 2, it would actually take roughly 36 hours. That's a day and a half. (Probably a day considering Teta's proximity to the edge) I realise now that this is due to the gravitation pull of the large number of stars and the dark matter concentrations that exist in the Deep Core. Which makes hyperspace travel very difficult, even on a hyperlane.

• And to get from Coruscant to Yavin IV/Malachor V/Mustafar it would take roughly 8 days.

• What does this mean? Well it means Kun won't be receiving reinforcements any time soon. And it means Xizor is going to have alot of time to get ready for Ulic's invasion. But seeing as he doesn't know about it he will likely flee to a safer, unknown location.

Speaking of which I have to make an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THE BLACK SUN FORTRESS ON RALLTIIR IS BANNED AS IS THE TOMB OF FREEDON NADD ON DXUN.

I thought long and hard on this while coming up with scenario's for a Xizor win and decided that Xizor simply can't have possession of this fortress. Mainly because it was strictly the center of Alexi Garyn's powerbase, not Xizor's. And although it was once in the possession of Black Sun, this isn't Black Sun at the height of his power, this is Xizor at the height of his power. Also the fortress was likely abandoned, and therefore never existed in Xizor's powerbase, and we have no evidence he had any knowledge of it. The same applies for the Tomb on Dxun (as a Triumvirate 'fortress') it didn't come into 'possession' of the Triumvirate until after Traya was cast out. So technically she never controlled it. Xizor does however have the fortress on Mustafar, mainly because it was probably not abadoned, and the Black Sun where known to have several 'hideouts' in remote, scarcely populated planets in the Outer Rim - Mustafar fits that description.

But back to the battle:

• Given the time it takes to get around the galaxy these days, I doubt Kun can afford to go running about the place chasing him, her and whoever. Just an observation.

• An improvement to Traya's 'trap' why wait for him at Yavin IV when she can wait just outside of Malachor V? But this I mean on the hyperlane that leads to the planet. Or at one of the re-entry points (where ships drop out of hyperspace to manually move to the next hyper-point - so that's how Hondo ambushed the younglings!) - anywhere will do really because Traya can rip Kun out of hyperspace using her gravity well generators. That way if Kun even leaves Malachor V he'll run straight into Traya's ambush, no matter where he's headed. (Unless he flees in the opposite direction to Unknown Space :P)

• Oh and if Kun decides to wait at Malachor, for reinforcements, it could spell disaster. Namely, Traya will employ a new strategy. By tipping off Xizor's forces in the Outer Rim (who will no doubt be searching for Kun, hoping to stop Ulic from killing Xizor) telling them that Kun is on Yavin IV and lightly defended, she can orchestrate an attack, and an orbital bombardment. (If he hasn't attacked already - seems the most logical move) Which Kun won't like and will feel through Force sense, if that doesn't make him come running, so be it. Next stop, tell Xizor that Kun has captured Malachor V, better yet, make him think she's been killed in the invasion. Xizor lays siege to the planet and possibly kills Kun via sabotage. Either that or Traya slips some assassin in to cause some explosions during the chaos. Even Kun can't withstand an eight day siege.

^^Most of that probably won't happen though. Kun would probably either: return to Yavin IV or maybe Mandalore (if he senses a trap or something), rendevous with Ulic, or race to Yavin IV when Xizor starts killing his warriors and looting his temples.

But we have yet to consider what would happen between Xizor & Traya, that is if Xizor survives Ulic. And then Xizor's going to assume Traya is dead...

Wolfninjajedi
01.30.2013 , 12:45 PM | #149
Actually Beni, before Xizor the Black Sun wasn't near where it was when Xizor came in. Xizor made it the most powerful underworld syndicate in the galaxy, he made it without equal. After the death of Xizor however, they lost much and wouldn't regain it back. So I would say that yes, during Xizor's leadership it was the height of the Black Sun's power.

Edit: Also nice table.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.30.2013 , 12:52 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Actually Beni, before Xizor the Black Sun wasn't near where it was when Xizor came in. Xizor made it the most powerful underworld syndicate in the galaxy, he made it without equal. After the death of Xizor however, they lost much and wouldn't regain it back. So I would say that yes, during Xizor's leadership it was the height of the Black Sun's power.

Edit: Also nice table.
That wasn't really what I was saying. I meant that this Kaggath isn't about Black Sun, its about Xizor. Xizor just happens to have Black Sun as a part of his powerbase. I fully accept that Xizor's Black Sun was the best of the best. But this isn't Black Sun at the height of its power. (Which basically means they had everything the ever ever had, which would include the fortress) If you get what I mean.

And thanks, I too thought it was a good find. No more guesstimating for us!