Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Xizor vs Traya vs Exar Kun

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.27.2013 , 10:09 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Daayam! I shall never do so again. Please accept my humblest of apologies.

(Seriously though, nice work - you just put Xizor back in the game )

  • How will Ulic and the Tetan fleet will fare against Xizor's (albeit unprepared) forces? And what is the likelihood of Xizor's survival if he is forced to flee? (Concerning that fortress however, it belonged to Alexi - after Maul ripped through it I doubt its defenses are anything as powerful, its most likely empty, empty but still usable.)
I'm glad I could save the Black Sun's reputation. Geez, some people are just so brutal to independent characters. They should at least know who and what they're dealing with before judging Xizor as a common criminal. :P

I don't think Xizor's forces will be unprepared at all. Xizor (and more important, Guri, seeing as she's the true mastermind behind the Black Sun) is not a fool. He has a fleet above Coruscant for a reason. Believe me, it's not to look pretty. He's ready to do battle, and can easily draw in reenforcements from surrounding systems, presumably quicker than Ulic can get his fleet to Coruscant. The Black Sun fleet was pimped out with all sorts of underworld tech which, even if tech is universal, are just more advanced than Ulic's.

The Black Sun also has a majority of the Coruscant underlevels under their direct control. They have ample ground forces to commit to defending Xizor's Palace, including several specialized forces, such as those three-piece droids. Xizor's Palace undoubtably has state of the art security and defenses (on the inside) as well.

But I think Xizor will engage his fleet with Ulic's, and fortify his Palace, then slip out of the system with Guri. Use the battle as cover to escape. Then flee to the Fortress and re-group, rallying the Black Sun forces. AKA, tens of thousands of troops and loads of deadly black market tech, along with unlimited resources.

The Fortress was a Black Sun stronghold. You wanted an actual place for Xizor to go, so there's one that makes sense. It may not have belonged directly to Xizor, but Xizor led the Black Sun, so it's still under his command. And if the Black Sun is at the height of it's power, Darth Maul (who doesn't exist) would never have raided the Fortress in the first place.

But even if he did, it won't take much to get it operating as a stronghold. Xizor will regroup there and prepare to strike.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.27.2013 , 10:48 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I'm glad I could save the Black Sun's reputation. Geez, some people are just so brutal to independent characters. They should at least know who and what they're dealing with before judging Xizor as a common criminal. :P
I'll admit to underestimating Xizor .

Quote:
I don't think Xizor's forces will be unprepared at all. Xizor (and more important, Guri, seeing as she's the true mastermind behind the Black Sun) is not a fool. He has a fleet above Coruscant for a reason. Believe me, it's not to look pretty. He's ready to do battle, and can easily draw in reenforcements from surrounding systems, presumably quicker than Ulic can get his fleet to Coruscant. The Black Sun fleet was pimped out with all sorts of underworld tech which, even if tech is universal, are just more advanced than Ulic's.
Not so. Koros Major (Empress Teta, Cinnagar, whatever you want to call it) sits incredibly close to Coruscant. While he will have a fleet there, he won't have enough time to bring in allies from other systems.

Quote:
The Black Sun also has a majority of the Coruscant underlevels under their direct control. They have ample ground forces to commit to defending Xizor's Palace, including several specialized forces, such as those three-piece droids. Xizor's Palace undoubtably has state of the art security and defenses (on the inside) as well.

But I think Xizor will engage his fleet with Ulic's, and fortify his Palace, then slip out of the system with Guri. Use the battle as cover to escape. Then flee to the Fortress and re-group, rallying the Black Sun forces. AKA, tens of thousands of troops and loads of deadly black market tech, along with unlimited resources.
I see your tens of thousands, and raise you a few million.

Unfortunately, by the time Ulic is through with Coruscant (while Xizor escapes), I feel Exar Kun will be the victim of one of Traya's underhanded tactics.

Which leaves Traya and Xizor.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.27.2013 , 11:01 PM | #103
Ok so not looking at this one sided no more, am pulling for Xizor here. Actually Xizor has a big advantage here, not only with his resources but what he can get from the Black Market. Purchase a few thousand IG-86 droids, equip them with Disruptor rifles, cloaking tech, thermal detonators and you pretty much have assassin droids that would be able to take on just about anything they were considered some of the most deadliest droids in the galaxy, able to think logically and can work in groups or solo.

Xizor could also purchase other deadly droids too and equip them with illegal modifications too.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
01.27.2013 , 11:03 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Not so. Koros Major (Empress Teta, Cinnagar, whatever you want to call it) sits incredibly close to Coruscant. While he will have a fleet there, he won't have enough time to bring in allies from other systems.

I see your tens of thousands, and raise you a few million.
I doubt mobalizing Black Sun forces in the vicinity of Coruscant will take longer than getting an entire army of millions ready to move. Xizor will get reinforcements before Ulic reaches him.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
01.27.2013 , 11:13 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sabotage would be effective, but Ulic will be leading the invasion, so he won't be killed via sabotage.

The way I see it, this whole battle goes down in two ways:

1. Xizor is killed in the Battle of Coruscant and Traya's forces triumph in the Battle of Yavin. Traya wins.

2. Xizor escapes the Battle of Coruscant and Traya wins at Yavin. This means that Xizor has an excellent chance for victory against Traya, but her assassins will be a major issue.

for Kun.
Wait, I think I missed the point where Traya actually won against Kun. I don't think setting an ambush for Kun will guarantee her victory.
(I also think Exar Kun could win against G0-T0.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
How will Exar Kun fare against an ambush from Traya and her fleet? And what's the is the likelihood of Traya's surivival if she loses and what is the likelihood of Kun's?
Traya's ambush is based on the expectation that he will come directly for her a second time. But maybe, if he finds out that she left Malachor when he was coming, he will anticipate that she likes to run and change his strategy: He will try to eliminate or take over her power base.

Right now I see three options:

1. When he returns to Yavin 4, he will go for the Ravanger instead of her. He (+Mandalorians) will board the Ravanger and either destroy or capture it. Afterwards, it should be no problem to eliminate the rest of the fleet.

Traya might have a contingency plan, though. She could let Sion engage Kun on the Ravanger and then blow the ship up. I'm not sure if Kun or the Mandalorians would notice it beforehead. (Since you need 4 proton cores to blow up the ship, I think he would and would be able to flee.) I also don't know if, in that moment, Kun wouldn't resort to Force drain to stay alive and become a little like Nihilus.

2. He stays away from Malachor for some time and starts to collect Traya's followers. He would stay on Malachor and wait for the assassins Traya sends to him, or maybe seek out some of Traya's Sith. They all don't seem to be especially be bound to Traya, so Kun, as (at least on the outside) stronger Sith, could persuade some of them to join him and kill the others who come for him. He will send the assassins to kill other Sith in Traya's powerbase.
Meanwhile, on Yavin 4, Traya and Sion will have to continuously fight off Massassi warriors.

3. He could land call Ulic and his fleet to Yavin 4. They will feign a retreat. If Xizor's forces follow them, Kun will use the confusion to find and kill Traya, while the Fleet is busy. If not, Kun's combined fleet will destroy Traya's.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.27.2013 , 11:19 PM | #106
The Ravager can be destroyed by other means, reason being is that Nihilus was holding it together so without him being on the ship its destroyed being that its not held by the darkside. Though...if Nihilus isn't even apart of this, then I am assuming its just the Ravager before it crashed on Malachor V right? If so then its just a regular Centurion class battleship which really isn't anything special. Honestly even after Malachor V, the only thing that even made it special was Nihilus so without him its not even special after Malachor V its just a beat up wreck, POS.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
01.27.2013 , 11:31 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
The Ravager can be destroyed by other means, reason being is that Nihilus was holding it together so without him being on the ship its destroyed being that its not held by the darkside. Though...if Nihilus isn't even apart of this, then I am assuming its just the Ravager before it crashed on Malachor V right? If so then its just a regular Centurion class battleship which really isn't anything special. Honestly even after Malachor V, the only thing that even made it special was Nihilus so without him its not even special after Malachor V its just a beat up wreck, POS.
But didn't they plan to detonate the proton cores after Nihilus' death anyways? And still Mandalore said three proton cores wouldn't be enough, so the ship doesn't seem to have a usable self-destruct.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.27.2013 , 11:33 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Wait, I think I missed the point where Traya actually won against Kun. I don't think setting an ambush for Kun will guarantee her victory.
(I also think Exar Kun could win against G0-T0.)



Traya's ambush is based on the expectation that he will come directly for her a second time. But maybe, if he finds out that she left Malachor when he was coming, he will anticipate that she likes to run and change his strategy: He will try to eliminate or take over her power base.

Right now I see three options:

1. When he returns to Yavin 4, he will go for the Ravanger instead of her. He (+Mandalorians) will board the Ravanger and either destroy or capture it. Afterwards, it should be no problem to eliminate the rest of the fleet.

Traya might have a contingency plan, though. She could let Sion engage Kun on the Ravanger and then blow the ship up. I'm not sure if Kun or the Mandalorians would notice it beforehead. (Since you need 4 proton cores to blow up the ship, I think he would and would be able to flee.) I also don't know if, in that moment, Kun wouldn't resort to Force drain to stay alive and become a little like Nihilus.

2. He stays away from Malachor for some time and starts to collect Traya's followers. He would stay on Malachor and wait for the assassins Traya sends to him, or maybe seek out some of Traya's Sith. They all don't seem to be especially be bound to Traya, so Kun, as (at least on the outside) stronger Sith, could persuade some of them to join him and kill the others who come for him. He will send the assassins to kill other Sith in Traya's powerbase.
Meanwhile, on Yavin 4, Traya and Sion will have to continuously fight off Massassi warriors.

3. He could land call Ulic and his fleet to Yavin 4. They will feign a retreat. If Xizor's forces follow them, Kun will use the confusion to find and kill Traya, while the Fleet is busy. If not, Kun's combined fleet will destroy Traya's.
You make a good point.

I'm signing off for now. I'll be reassessing my strategy.

The battle is far from over!
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.27.2013 , 11:33 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
But didn't they plan to detonate the proton cores after Nihilus' death anyways? And still Mandalore said three proton cores wouldn't be enough, so the ship doesn't seem to have a usable self-destruct.
They planted the bombs, then went to go kill Nihilus. Nihilus could have stopped the destruction of the Ravager via using The Force. Really the bombs were just used to make short work of the ship, pretty much it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.27.2013 , 11:59 PM | #110
how have i missed all this! Anways, rally my Kun supporters! This fight isn't over yet!


Duel: Kun could defeat both Traya and Xizor in a one-on-one, but I'm having doubts that either would fight him.

Troops: Kun has the support of the Massassi, the Krath and their wardroids, his 20 exceptionally skilled fallen Jedi disciples, and the Mandos with their Basilisk wardroids. Traya has an army of Sith assassins, and Xizor has an army of mercs and anything else he can get with credits. I'm gonna have to give this one to Kun for troop diversity and adaptibility, although Xizor would be a great match with his credits, and Traya's assassins must be good at what they do. However, assassins aren't really soldiers and the mercs could be bought out

Fleet: The Tetan Navy is strong, and Kun has Basilisk wardroids and Chaos Fighters. Traya's flagship, the Ravager, is strong and so is the rest of her fleet, while Xizor would just stay on Coruscant. If it was a random encounter and not an ambush, this would be a close draw.

Allies: Ulic, Sion, and Guri are all skilled and capable fighters. Ulic matched Kun's dueling skills, Sion was practically immortal, and Guri could take on Luke Skywalker. If the three got into a fight, it would be a pretty good one. Sion once served under Exar Kun, so it could be possible for Ulic to convince Sion to join them for more poser and together they would defeat Guri. Also, Ulic and Guri could see that Sion is practically immortal and join to start pounding on him. When they've been able to at least incapacitate him, the two would then duel it out. I'd give this one to Ulic, simply because he matched Exar Kun, the greatest duelist of his time, in saber combat.


Theres my contribution. C'mon, Team Exar Kun! We can still win this if we rally!
Lord Ravvok
Level 70 Carnage Marauder
<The Paragons Covenant>
Ebon Hawk, U.S