Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger/Sniper min/maxing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gunslinger/Sniper min/maxing

RichardSkywalk
01.25.2013 , 02:11 PM | #1
im sure there is a thread in here somewhere but could not find anything in the first 10, was just wondering what stats i should be shooting for in in min/maxed WH/EWH for Gunslingers/Snipers.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 02:19 PM | #2
Stack presence. Trust me I'm an engineer.

Ybini
01.25.2013 , 02:35 PM | #3
This is going from my memory of various posts, so caveat emptor.

Cunning first, Power afterwards. Augs all Cunning.
If your Crit with your buff is < 40% then add some to crit.
If Crit is 40+% and then choose Accuracy if its <105% for armor reduction.
If Accuracy is 105+% add to Surge.

Its purely whatever you want though. I'm currently stacking Cunning/Power at expense of crit for the heck of it.

Technohic
01.25.2013 , 02:37 PM | #4
http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/impe...ty-and-details

This applies to both MM and ENG I believe. If you want to be sure, just select engineer from their menus there. Lethality I think goes a litle higher on crit.

Anyway. That's a tool. Use it.

Ybini
01.25.2013 , 02:45 PM | #5
See my memory is fuzzy.

Zunayson
01.25.2013 , 04:17 PM | #6
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...5-9fa88f6bb537

Imo full optimized WH. Maybe swap an artful mod 26 for keen, but thats it. And yes, the datacrons I checked off are the ones I collected on my actual sniper: all aim, cunning, and end.

The thing to do is to buy your mainhands first, then armor sets, then implants and such. Note that your gear is pretty much built off your implants/earpieces since those don't have mod slots. The idea is to get around 35% crit, 77% surge, a little bit of accuracy is better than alacrity, and dump the rest into power.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Jenzali
01.25.2013 , 04:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...5-9fa88f6bb537

Imo full optimized WH. Maybe swap an artful mod 26 for keen, but thats it. And yes, the datacrons I checked off are the ones I collected on my actual sniper: all aim, cunning, and end.
This looks pretty good. I might drop some surge down to 76% and get accuracy instead.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Zunayson
01.25.2013 , 04:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
This looks pretty good. I might drop some surge down to 76% and get accuracy instead.
Seeing as my accuracy is 99.34%, its a waste. If you don't have the 1% bonus, one more accuracy enhancement will make your accuracy from 98.34 to 99.90%. It's worth it since it will drop your surge only to 77.67% iirc, and 1% isn't really worth making a big deal over.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

JustinxDuff
01.25.2013 , 04:43 PM | #9
If you are doing PvP a lot you don't need over 100% accuracy. I run about 1950 cunning, 20k hp, 40% crit and 80% surge bonus.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

NoTomorrow
01.25.2013 , 04:46 PM | #10
there is no such thing as min/maxing as a sniper. You need some of everything except alacrity and tanking stats.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.