Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

Shadojack's Avatar


Shadojack
01.27.2013 , 12:34 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
???

i like the star trek remake

it seems only snobs hate it
We snobs prefer plot line. acting, and a few less drunken frat boys in our sci fi than the average person. Not to mention maybe not re-writing the entire history of a 40+ year old franchise just because the "Tranformers Generation" can't pay attention for more the 15 minutes without an explosion, sex scene, or crass joke.
Travel light, travel fast, and keep moving.

Toweleeeie's Avatar


Toweleeeie
01.28.2013 , 12:15 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadojack View Post
We snobs prefer plot line. acting, and a few less drunken frat boys in our sci fi than the average person. Not to mention maybe not re-writing the entire history of a 40+ year old franchise just because the "Tranformers Generation" can't pay attention for more the 15 minutes without an explosion, sex scene, or crass joke.
That movie turned James Tiberius Kirk into one of the greatest hero characters ever. Takes a beating and says "thank you sir may i have another". Seriously what movie did you watch?

JJ should be god to Star Trek fans

OT: This is great news for Star Wars fans
Can I has more Sandbox?

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
01.28.2013 , 02:09 PM | #83
Star Trek fans expect logic from Star Trek films. When a film director starts doing things that defy logic simply to get character moments and "epic' shots, he spits on everything that Star Trek is about.

Most of you might be fine with a Starship being built on the ground in freaking Iowa. You might be fine with Kirk's dad staying on a ship that he can clearly program to crash without him to save a bunch of escape pods that are being completely ignored by the bad guy anyway. You might be fine with the addition of a water slide to engineering just to keep the action going and give a comedy relief moment. You might be fine with a Korean guy playing a Japanese character. You might be fine with him saying that he took fencing and then whipping out a techno katana and proceeding to fight Kendo style. You might be fine with all of that completely illogical nonsense but real Star Trek fans are not.

And that same kind of nonsense will be present in the new Star Wars now.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

AshenK's Avatar


AshenK
01.28.2013 , 02:56 PM | #84
Way I see it Star Wars is already dead.

Eps 1 - 3 ranged from bad to just awful.

Outside SWG Pre-CU no good Star Wars games. Battlefront was a Battlefield clone, Empire at War was boring, KOTOR was like every other BioWare game, TOR is the worst MMO ever made and everyone knows it.

The books have all been bad for years now nothing like the first line of books that came out in the 90's.

The Cartoons are bad.

The Comic Books are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Dark Horse should be ashamed of themselves.

Really this movie is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars. Much like how that Star Trek movie was the finally blow for Star Trek and after Into Darkness we can gladly bury Star Trek.

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
01.28.2013 , 05:54 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post
Way I see it Star Wars is already dead.

Eps 1 - 3 ranged from bad to just awful.

Outside SWG Pre-CU no good Star Wars games. Battlefront was a Battlefield clone, Empire at War was boring, KOTOR was like every other BioWare game, TOR is the worst MMO ever made and everyone knows it.

The books have all been bad for years now nothing like the first line of books that came out in the 90's.

The Cartoons are bad.

The Comic Books are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Dark Horse should be ashamed of themselves.

Really this movie is just the final nail in the coffin of Star Wars. Much like how that Star Trek movie was the finally blow for Star Trek and after Into Darkness we can gladly bury Star Trek.
I disagree as far as the movies go i agree expect for episode 3. The cartoon series I 1/2 way agree only been bad the last 2 years but some episodes were good. I didn't play pre Cu SWG but i thought CU was pretty good. While empire at war may be a tad boring for a RTS just because they messed up on the ground combat section i like it better than star craft. I actually thought KOTOR was just as good as battlefront ( never even tried battlefield) i'm gonna get hate for this but kotor 2 was my favorite. I actually like TOR better than WOW or Rift or i wouldn't still be here been playing this game since Early game Access.

Can't comment on the books or comics since i didn't read any of them
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

LastWizard's Avatar


LastWizard
01.28.2013 , 07:37 PM | #86
It will look great. The action scenes will be great. Everything physical will be great. However, if the plot is along the lines of what I'm thinking then it won't tie in to the action we're watching. Also just because a movie made money doesn't mean it was successful, it just means people actually wanted to see it or they were suckered in by false hope of a good film.

Shadojack's Avatar


Shadojack
01.28.2013 , 08:17 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post
That movie turned James Tiberius Kirk into one of the greatest hero characters ever. Takes a beating and says "thank you sir may i have another". Seriously what movie did you watch?

JJ should be god to Star Trek fans

OT: This is great news for Star Wars fans
James Tiberius Kirk was already one of the greatest hero's ever. Now he's just going to be remembered as some d*ckhead who some how went from cadet to Captain because someone had no idea how to write a movie script or took the time to care.

A few explosion, almost naked women, an engine room that looks like a distillery, who cares if the plot line was implausible and filled with holes.
Travel light, travel fast, and keep moving.

HumanPirhana's Avatar


HumanPirhana
01.29.2013 , 07:55 AM | #88
*Spoiler Alert* Look I'm not saying Abrams is gonna be good and I'm not saying he's gonna be bad. Personally my feeling is he can't do any worse than Jar Jar Binks, and that was with George himself at the helm. But having said that, I know a guy who knows a guy who's mother is Abrams housekeeper, and the first draft of the script for 7 has Luke waking up lying in the sand on Tatoinne after the Sand People attack in the original SW only to realize everything after that was all in his mind and in reality HE was the one who shot JR Ewing.

True Story
Don't make me get all green perpendicular up in this beeotch.
Yeah.
I said it.

Shadojack's Avatar


Shadojack
01.29.2013 , 08:44 AM | #89
^^ Nice.

Love the sig.
Travel light, travel fast, and keep moving.

WHFlash's Avatar


WHFlash
01.29.2013 , 01:17 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadojack View Post
James Tiberius Kirk was already one of the greatest hero's ever. Now he's just going to be remembered as some d*ckhead who some how went from cadet to Captain because someone had no idea how to write a movie script or took the time to care.

A few explosion, almost naked women, an engine room that looks like a distillery, who cares if the plot line was implausible and filled with holes.
Captain Kirk was a guy who constantly disobeyed orders (a dick), endangered his crew because he always ran into old enemies and usually won because the bad guy made a fatal mistake, or because Spock or Scotty bailed him out. That's not a great hero, that's dumb luck. I don't see how your description of the reimagined Kirk is any different than that.