Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

hidy
01.25.2013 , 01:38 PM | #21
shouldve gotten someone that bring a more darker side to the movies. someone like guillermo del toro with a good taste in art, design.. a good example is the clone wars series which was is far more entertaining then watching the sw movies nowadays.

after a full year of pvpn with swtor, it was really hard watching some of the action scenes in the sw movies. would be cool to see some elements from the game in some of the new movie action scenes.. showing different abilities, classes, moves, gear, environments, etc.. we at least know it will be somewhat progressive from the previous movies.

Ansalem
01.25.2013 , 01:42 PM | #22
I have mixed feelings on JJ. He has come through on some things in past, but I didn't like his complete overhaul of star trek movie...yes its new...yeah its okay...but it literally changed every single storyline from the movies and the tv shows.
Also, don't let us forget Cloverfield...honestly wth was that JJ?
One thing that we know will be good in this are the special effects and battle scenes...but those do not make a great film.

Ansalem
01.25.2013 , 01:42 PM | #23
If only they could have gotten Christopher Nolan...a pity he is busy rebuilding the superman franchise

DarthOvertone
01.25.2013 , 01:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenPalm View Post
They have been swallowing all of our childhood memories into their sarlacc pit in recent years.
I disagreed with pretty much everything you said, but this was hilarious.

lulz +Rep
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Altheran
01.25.2013 , 01:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Is he really doing it? This makes me so happy, Star Trek, Fringe
Fringe is from him, really ? If that's so, I believe I can trust him.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.25.2013 , 01:59 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
^This ... remember the "Hoth Scene" in ST?

I like Abrams' original stuff. Not a big fan of his reboots. I think he is better suited for "his ideas".

To those that say he is not good at "pacing story" I give you Alias, Lost, and Fringe.
I did have a scary thought.

Potential Plot: Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hammil) uses the force to go back in time and change everything. Then they remake all 6 movies with new younger cast and slightly different plots.

Scarier Plot: Luke Skywalker (played by Mark Hammil) uses the force to go back in time and sleeps with Shmi Skywalker and becomes his own grandfather.

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.25.2013 , 02:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
If only they could have gotten Christopher Nolan...a pity he is busy rebuilding the superman franchise
Ugh, he's pretty hit or miss too. Last Batman movie was terrible, but the other 2 were really good.

JustTed
01.25.2013 , 02:01 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
it seems only snobs hate it
Star Trek fans don't like it (as Star Trek anyway, it was a great action movie), because the tone is much more like, say, Star Wars.

Oh...

Here: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s.../star-trek-09/

HoloTweed
01.25.2013 , 02:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
After the disaster of the last Batman flick, I'm thinking we dodged a bullet not getting him. He can do some great stuff, but not sure a popcorn flick is up his alley.

Ighten
01.25.2013 , 02:03 PM | #30
Quite like the star trek remake.. In fact I agree he saved it and made it interesting..

This will be different though as its not a reboot.. And as for anything the guy puts on tv.. Utter garbage designed to make you think it will go somewhere and be interesting (it wont and it aint) .. TV by numbers

In fact my fear is what will happen is we will get a reboot style of thing - when really we actually wanted to see a proper sequel with the orginal actors

In fact i agree with the poster above.. The clone wars guys are doing a better job with an animated series than Lucas ever managed with any sequel or prequel.

I also agree with the comment re cloverfield.. How on earth did anyone keep a job in the industry after that pile of cack