Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
04.16.2013 , 04:27 AM | #961
Don't apologise for venting, it's partly why this thread is here. It's seems Bioware just isn't that aware of how disappointing the options in this game can be when they don't allow for everyone. I do laugh a little that the romances on Makeb are only available as SGR, though, but hardly comes anywhere near to the 50 levels of OGR [Flirt]s and 19* (not including one night stands) companion romances.

It would be nice to know what Bioware are planning to do to make everything "equal", but I get the feeling they'll only be doing it for world [Flirt]s and not companion, planet- and story-romances.

*Ashara, Andronikus
Quinn, Jaesa, Vette
Temple, Kaliyo, Vector
Torian, Mako

Akaavi, Risha, Corso
Nadia, Felix
Doc, Kirya
Elara, Jorgan

SithKoriandr
04.16.2013 , 07:09 AM | #962
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Don't apologise for venting, it's partly why this thread is here. It's seems Bioware just isn't that aware of how disappointing the options in this game can be when they don't allow for everyone. I do laugh a little that the romances on Makeb are only available as SGR, though, but hardly comes anywhere near to the 50 levels of OGR [Flirt]s and 19* (not including one night stands) companion romances.

It would be nice to know what Bioware are planning to do to make everything "equal", but I get the feeling they'll only be doing it for world [Flirt]s and not companion, planet- and story-romances.

*Ashara, Andronikus
Quinn, Jaesa, Vette
Temple, Kaliyo, Vector
Torian, Mako

Akaavi, Risha, Corso
Nadia, Felix
Doc, Kirya
Elara, Jorgan
Is there a list of how many OGR FLIRTS there are?

I truthfully don't recall that many outside of companions. I don't even recall 1 flirt a planet. Mind you, I haven't played it as a male character at all, on either side, but, I don't recall all these flirt options that people seem to say there is.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Kioma
04.16.2013 , 07:34 AM | #963
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post

I truthfully don't recall that many outside of companions. I don't even recall 1 flirt a planet. Mind you, I haven't played it as a male character at all, on either side, but, I don't recall all these flirt options that people seem to say there is.
Honestly, make a male Smuggler and level him to Nar Shaddaa.

Spoiler

It might be the same way with female Smugglers, I'm not sure. I really need to knuckle down and actually level a Smuggler beyond 30.

Actually now that I think of it I seem to recall someone suggesting we start a database of some kind on Google Docs of existing OGR flirts. Might have been Uluain.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

xxforcardassia
04.16.2013 , 08:29 AM | #964
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post

I'm with ya here. Leveling the SI and SW (both females) didn't encounter a ton of [Flirt] options outside my companions. There were honestly two with the Inquisitor that I really remember distinctly...

Spoiler

Beyond that, there was nothing really memorable (outside my companions).

Wittand
04.16.2013 , 08:32 AM | #965
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Honestly, make a male Smuggler and level him to Nar Shaddaa.

Spoiler

It might be the same way with female Smugglers, I'm not sure. I really need to knuckle down and actually level a Smuggler beyond 30.

Actually now that I think of it I seem to recall someone suggesting we start a database of some kind on Google Docs of existing OGR flirts. Might have been Uluain.
Smuggler is an exepion.
A male Trooper has only one non-planetary flirt. And even planetary flirts dry up pretty fast after chapter one.
A male Inquisitor has two class specific flirts and the non-classspecific pretty much end on Balmorra.
I donīt play females myself but from what I hear flirts for females are even less common.
So one dedicated male LI for males is not a bad start.

Anyway I really hope that if/when leveling content is revisited more flirts are added (my Assassin is still hoping for Talos).

Jenovan
04.16.2013 , 08:34 AM | #966
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Found an interesting thing about Lord Cytharat, from taking another story path

Spoiler
Ahh, wow, thanks for that. I was just wandering to this part of the forum to find out what happened in the event of -spoiler- *points up*. That explains a lot.

I'm with Tatile -- I'd love to have a Pureblood, honorable Sith companion, even without the romantic angle, but... Guess I'll go pester.

On the topic of cataloguing flirts, I believe there was a thread for that long, long ago... I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: Found the post I was thinking of.. but it's not simple [Flirt]s, it's "one night stands".
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3881
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

xxforcardassia
04.16.2013 , 09:57 AM | #967
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
Anyway I really hope that if/when leveling content is revisited more flirts are added (my Assassin is still hoping for Talos).
He seems like he'd be a good SGR option, and a believable one at that (I about passed out laughing when my female SI got the one time option to [Flirt] - so worth the -1 affection with Andronikus). And if BW does go the SGR route for companions I do hope it's more like that and not just a simple.... slap a SG/OG on a companion and have it feel generic.

chuixupu
04.16.2013 , 12:52 PM | #968
No, he was educated and did as any good Sith Lord would do - follow his Master. That he is even present in the story is a testament to his loyalty to the Empire.
Spoiler

Quote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

I was reading that conversation with Mr. Freed. Actually, I asked both him and Mr. Hood if the two SGR npcs were conceived as SGR from the start of if they added that aspect to them later and neither of them answered, makes me think they decided it was a question best not answered.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
04.16.2013 , 01:10 PM | #969
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Spoiler

Yeah, you better be embarrassed, Godwinning us like that after so long.

Spoiler

I was reading that conversation with Mr. Freed. Actually, I asked both him and Mr. Hood if the two SGR npcs were conceived as SGR from the start of if they added that aspect to them later and neither of them answered, makes me think they decided it was a question best not answered.
That was you? Nice My username is fairly obvious and the last name is entirely appropriate. Also, I think they have been encouraged to shy away from talk about SGR/A on twitter, and Mr. Freed is likely still under the same instruction or is keeping quiet out of courtesey.

And Lord Cytharat seems quite compassionate, so it's possible that he, like the PC can, agreed with his Master's ideology of tolerance, but not necessarily the execution. But that's neither here nor there when talking about having Cytharat as a companion, except perhaps story points.

chuixupu
04.16.2013 , 01:23 PM | #970
Yeah, you better be embarrassed, Godwinning us like that after so long.
lol, but it is inevitable.

Quote:
That was you? Nice My username is fairly obvious and the last name is entirely appropriate. Also, I think they have been encouraged to shy away from talk about SGR/A on twitter, and Mr. Freed is likely still under the same instruction or is keeping quiet out of courtesey.
Probably, but they've answered a lot of questions too, I thought that one seemed simple enough. It's also possible I posted it so late they didn't even see it, but who knows. It's not really important, I am just curious as to how these two characters came about.

Quote:
And Lord Cytharat seems quite compassionate, so it's possible that he, like the PC can, agreed with his Master's ideology of tolerance, but not necessarily the execution. But that's neither here nor there when talking about having Cytharat as a companion, except perhaps story points.
He's actually the first Sith Pureblood that I can remember running into that I didn't find to be a conniving, egotistical jerk. He'd be a good minor character to have some fan fiction written for.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant