Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scovina
02.03.2013 , 03:02 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Touche

It's off topic I know but I like to pronounce that word as toosh!

SelinaK
02.03.2013 , 03:20 PM | #82
Awwwhhhh, you're adorable

Can we keep you? (THE GAY AGENDA OMGS)
[My posts] SGR factsss
Type /cjoin OOC ingame for organising RP (globalchans between servers plees? )
Official RP forum + Events! IC news/gossip Character listing Fiction Art Story/Universe

markcymru
02.03.2013 , 03:43 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by SelinaK View Post
( why are there no actual cute pets either, I know kittens exist in star wars because I checked... I want a kitten that sits on my shoulder and goes "mew" when you click on it, awwh. )
Cat lovers need to post in this thread: What this game needs is cats !
Je suis Charlie

Lent_San
02.04.2013 , 09:08 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Since SirGladiator mentioned Doc, I'll use him as an example. From what I've seen, there's a 'nice' way to turn him down or a 'not so nice' way. While both may net you negative affection, there is an option to not sound harsh about it.
I dislike this whole "turning someone down will net you neg affection" thing. I found it quite strange that in DA-O, I had to turn down Morrigan because apparently I had started a romance with her without my knowing (strange thing in itself, because I don't remember ever hitting on her). She kind of shrugged it off and I got -15 affection. She didn't even mind us 'breaking up', so that -15 was kind of silly.

Being friends is good, so once in a while people will have to be turned down. What's wrong with that? You can't fall in love with everybody, after all. It should at least net you positive affection once in a while, for being honest with a friend.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
So, another idea on how to implement SGR with companions came to mind! It's quick and dirty, some may not like it one bit (maybe a lot).
NEW SKINS for companions that turn them into the opposite gender. But what about the voices? Have some people in the office stand up and do some voice acting.
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but on this one I actually agree with you. I have a femConsular Lv50 that I played just for the heck of it, before I even knew that SGR would be coming. Once SGR is in, I don't think I'm gonna play her anymore, since I'd then prefer to play male chars.

It would be a shame to lose her though for her crew skills and equip and all, so (typing this out, it sounds crazy, but alas...) having the ability to turn her into a guy would be cool. I could live with affection loss with current companions, but having her take a spot on my char list without her getting played again is kind of sad.

stuffystuffs
02.04.2013 , 10:19 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I dislike this whole "turning someone down will net you neg affection" thing. I found it quite strange that in DA-O, I had to turn down Morrigan because apparently I had started a romance with her without my knowing (strange thing in itself, because I don't remember ever hitting on her). She kind of shrugged it off and I got -15 affection. She didn't even mind us 'breaking up', so that -15 was kind of silly.

Being friends is good, so once in a while people will have to be turned down. What's wrong with that? You can't fall in love with everybody, after all. It should at least net you positive affection once in a while, for being honest with a friend.
I don't really have an issue with it. You are doing something that's seen as negative by them, even if they understand where you're coming from. Plus, you can still continue on as friends afterwards. Though, it might make sense for some characters to give a positive affection gain as you said.
Node guarder

JediMB
02.04.2013 , 12:16 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I don't really have an issue with it. You are doing something that's seen as negative by them, even if they understand where you're coming from. Plus, you can still continue on as friends afterwards. Though, it might make sense for some characters to give a positive affection gain as you said.
Well, we had Isabela in DA2. I really liked the conversation between her and my Hawke when I decided to pursue Merrill instead.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Kioma
02.04.2013 , 07:10 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
I think negative affection for dumping someone makes total sense. They want you, you tell them no, they're butthurt. Seems fine and it drives up the immersion a lot for me.

As for Morrigan, the conclusion I came to immediately when I saw that -15 drop was that she clearly digs you but doesn't want to admit it. And it IS Morrigan. She'd rather die than show weakness, especially to a man.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

chuixupu
02.04.2013 , 08:12 PM | #88
One of the stranger exceptions to turning someone down and actually getting positive affection:

Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SirGladiator
02.05.2013 , 02:04 AM | #89
The one thing that I liked the best about the whole 'turning Doc down' thing, is the way it GAINS you points with Kira. The jealousy thing is such a nice touch, especially since my character is female and thus not actually allowed to romance her, its really about the only way Kira is allowed to show her romantic interest in my female JK. That type of thing, comments regarding one character having effect on another, is something there should be more of, its really cool. Going way WAY back to the days of JE, you could toy with Silk Fox by pretending you were interested in Sky, and of course in NWN2 how Neeshka was always so jealous of the elf-girl (even if your character was female, which obviously was the key point of the coolness) . The whole jealousy thing, thats definitely something they should keep, and expand on in the future. Its a lot of fun, and it really shows your character that they care .

Palar
02.05.2013 , 02:38 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
One of the stranger exceptions to turning someone down and actually getting positive affection:

Spoiler
I think that's part of her "no attachment" schtick - like how picking Leliana over Morrigan in DA:O only gets a Morrigan disapproves if you pick the "I hope nobody's hurt by this" option, but the others are fine.

(Friend gave me a time-card, so came back for a look-around... I can't even say I'm overly surprised by the "hey, banging some local while on shore leave is the same as a romance arc, right?" cop-out approach they're going with. Just disappointed, I guess.)