Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bleeters
04.09.2013 , 10:29 PM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Thank you for clearing that up! I, personally, feel much better about that.
No problem.

So anyway, hoorah and so forth. Now if only I didn't have to create a male imperial to try out the m/m, too.

Infir
04.10.2013 , 12:15 AM | #822
I'm disappointed that a few of my characters will remain romance-less, especially my Sith Warrior lady, but at least some of the others will have an opportunity. And I'm hopeful for the future.

Also, the two gay NPCs are sort of the face of the game right now, and that's pretty brilliant.
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )

chuixupu
04.10.2013 , 01:09 AM | #823
Quote: Originally Posted by Infir View Post
I'm disappointed that a few of my characters will remain romance-less, especially my Sith Warrior lady, but at least some of the others will have an opportunity. And I'm hopeful for the future.

Also, the two gay NPCs are sort of the face of the game right now, and that's pretty brilliant.
I thought it was interesting, at least, when I realized that. What I'm wondering is whether the NPCs were written first and had the SGR flirts added in later, or if they were conceived that way from the start.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

stormdrakelord
04.10.2013 , 01:16 AM | #824
Quote: Originally Posted by Infir View Post

I liked that fact, made me want to make a fem Smuggler, and rework all other characters.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Tatile
04.10.2013 , 04:22 AM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I thought it was interesting, at least, when I realized that. What I'm wondering is whether the NPCs were written first and had the SGR flirts added in later, or if they were conceived that way from the start.
The [Flirts] with Lord Cytharat were very professional (at least, they were for my Agent) which makes me wonder if that was because of the scenario in which everything was taking place or if because the [Flirt]s were added as an after-thought, replacing other dialogue.

That said, the dialogue does vary - most of the time - between personal interaction (asking about individuals lives, how they got there, that sort of thing), being forthright about the mission and professional (asking for more details, possible scenarios if stuff goes wrong etc.) and being a very mean person to aliens, where possible.

Spoiler

Tatile
04.10.2013 , 06:04 AM | #826
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Meanwhile, I flirt with both female and male characters without any issues.

(Except that I prefer one over the other. I feel no physical attraction towards men.)
Curious how different people have different reactions to the same scenarios.

On Lord Cytharat, though:
Spoiler

I really would like him as a companion.

FuryoftheStars
04.10.2013 , 06:26 AM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Lemda isn't sixteen. She says she graduated from her doctorate when she was sixteen, eight years ago, which makes her twenty four.
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Thank you for clearing that up! I, personally, feel much better about that.
Me as well. When I read your original post, Morgani, I became concerned as well.... (<- me with no lvl 50s to bring in there yet)
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

FuryoftheStars
04.10.2013 , 06:30 AM | #828
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they did make at least these two main NPCs SGR only?
The Shadowlands

SithKoriandr
04.10.2013 , 06:58 AM | #829
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they did make at least these two main NPCs SGR only?
Yes, which gets me to thinking they won't be making the companions Bi/Herosexual, because if they would have done that, why not make these NPCs Bi/Herosexual?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

FuryoftheStars
04.10.2013 , 07:06 AM | #830
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Yes, which gets me to thinking they won't be making the companions Bi/Herosexual, because if they would have done that, why not make these NPCs Bi/Herosexual?
Hard to say. They could be going the route that I was trying to push for... or, more likely, they're going off on some wild tangent that only they know of.

Hopefully they will make the current companions bi/hero, or (perhaps better yet?) they might actually be considering making more companions, some of each romance type, then give the player the choice of which ones they want as a companion. They could even make it so that F2P is stuck with the default choices unless they shell out some cartel coins while subs get free rein....
The Shadowlands