Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Anglvamp
03.16.2013 , 05:42 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
I do like that Khem's fond of Cultural gifts, though; in my headcanon, he goes to his room and plays with them - making sound effects and everything.
lol, now I am never going to get that out of my head. Thanks!

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Halinmonk
03.16.2013 , 08:51 PM | #422
Thought- I've heard a rumor going around that since SGR have been confirmed for the Expansion, rather then updating old companions (Which is the overwhelming popular idea) they will simply add SGR NPCs on Makeb.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

SithKoriandr
03.16.2013 , 08:56 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Thought- I've heard a rumor going around that since SGR have been confirmed for the Expansion, rather then updating old companions (Which is the overwhelming popular idea) they will simply add SGR NPCs on Makeb.

Yes. But to what level, I believe no one knows yet.

chuixupu
03.16.2013 , 09:19 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by jason_ralph View Post
Andros likes Military Gear & Underworld Goods. However, he prefers weapon the most.
I got a the "preferred" max affection from giving military gear, underworld goods, weapons, and luxury. None of them gave less points than the other.
From looking at one guide, it seems he gives more favorable responses towards female characters.

I do like that Khem's fond of Cultural gifts, though; in my headcanon, he goes to his room and plays with them - making sound effects and everything.
lol....Khem is surprising endearing for a scary looking monster.

They have announced that SGR with non-companion NPCs will be in Makeb. It will definitely not be with current companions. But as others said, nobody knows any details beyond that.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Palar
03.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #425

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102 - Topic 4

Halinmonk
03.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #426
Have they specifically said "No current Companions will not be SGR available." At any point? (Because there is a difference between that and "NPCs on Makeb will be SGR available")

....That is a very ambiguous answer.

wainot-keel
03.16.2013 , 10:21 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Fixed that for you.
?

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post
Nothing has been said about the romance content on Makeb only being "some flirts", or that the NPCs have been chosen at random. We could very well get a few characters integral to the Rise of the Hutt Cartel storyline that will be available for romance.
These are the last 2 yellow posts on the previous incarnation of this tread

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...68#post5738268

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...75#post5757675

The 2nd one is a response to a very eloquent post by Kioma. Joveth made a very clear distinction between SGR (flirting and romance options in general) and SGRA (romance arcs, something deeper than flirting).

Makeb will feature SGRs. That's how they wrote it, how they announced it. And they wrote it like that wich such distinction in mind. That's what Joveth was telling us, that they didn't write SGR by mistake or chance, because SGR and SGRA mean the same (they don't)

I wouldn't call this "nothing".

Furthermore, after Makeb, (who knows when because it's really really really really hard to make this content ) they promised more SGRs. They didn't promise SGRAs

Of course the NPCs chosen for flirts won't be actually random, sheesh. BW's writers will have very specific reasons to choose them, reasons most likely we will never know.
I said random because from my perspective it will look like that, given how unconsequential those flirts may be. It won't matter if you get "[Flirt]Hello !" to NPC A, NPC B, NPC C, etc.

Palar
03.17.2013 , 01:02 AM | #428
Have they specifically said "No current Companions will not be SGR available." At any point? (Because there is a difference between that and "NPCs on Makeb will be SGR available")

....That is a very ambiguous answer.

Back at the Guild Summit, they... well, hinted, I guess is the word, that Companions could be. "We've always known who" "for who it makes sense".

As far as a straight answer goes.... I don't know. Reid dodged the topic, Joveth was akin to a Magic 8-Ball's "Reply hazy, try again" type answers, and I don't think Eric's said anything yet.

Tatile
03.17.2013 , 05:18 AM | #429
Back at the Guild Summit, they... well, hinted, I guess is the word, that Companions could be. "We've always known who" "for who it makes sense".

As far as a straight answer goes.... I don't know. Reid dodged the topic, Joveth was akin to a Magic 8-Ball's "Reply hazy, try again" type answers, and I don't think Eric's said anything yet.
Mr. Musco has said he's reading our topic (but then, everyone said that) and has no information for us (just like before.) So situation normal and just as discouraging as before.

Mr. Hickman did say he knows we want companion romances, but that they're really hard, so Cthulhu knows what's happening there. I don't suspect Mr. Hood is available to give details (or aware that none have been given.)

Palar
03.17.2013 , 06:00 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Mr. Musco has said he's reading our topic (but then, everyone said that) and has no information for us (just like before.) So situation normal and just as discouraging as before.

Mr. Hickman did say he knows we want companion romances, but that they're really hard, so Cthulhu knows what's happening there. I don't suspect Mr. Hood is available to give details (or aware that none have been given.)
In Hall's case, they'd just make him delete it again.