Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vadess's Avatar


vadess
07.24.2014 , 10:54 AM | #3631
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
hey! There's still a whole bunch of us -- we're queer and we're here ! ! ! *pumps fist in the air*


no, hope never dies. But certainly there's massive disillusionment with bioware and the customer support team.




.

woot!!!
Have 7 days subscription, and a free character transfer on me: http://www.swtor.com/r/yM6Njk

Xilizhra's Avatar


Xilizhra
08.09.2014 , 07:37 PM | #3632
I've not yet given up.

Qamardarkstar's Avatar


Qamardarkstar
08.09.2014 , 08:51 PM | #3633
Lana Beniko. The way she touches my inquisitor's face, I'm feeling like there's a strong possibility she'll end up as one of the next companions. The way Lana Beniko steps in when she touches my face, that isn't what a friend or someone that isn't attracted to you would do. To me that was either or both of two things: 1. She's letting me know she's romantically in to me. 2. and/or is making a power play by getting in with another powerful Dark Council member (me/my inquisitor - holy identity crisis), and she also feels like I'm her potential protector from anything Darth Arkous may do. Maybe there will be a future story ark where a player helps her become a council member by getting Arkous out of the way. The added consequence being a relationship of a more personal nature with Beniko. That's a speculative tangent, but here's how it went down with my inq: http://youtu.be/7Eu53wUMCp0

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
08.09.2014 , 10:24 PM | #3634
Both Lana and Theron seem almost perfect cut to fit 'SGR companion' slots.

Spoiler

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
08.10.2014 , 04:51 AM | #3635
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Both Lana and Theron seem almost perfect cut to fit 'SGR companion' slots.

Spoiler
But then we'd still end up with only one SGR companion for each side: Lana for the bisexual and lesbian ladies of the Empire, and Theron for the bisexual and gay men of the Republic. It's the reverse of the problem we had with Makeb, but I suppose if they do eventually become companions it will be better than the Makeb situation, which (at least for Imperials) seemed to be "One kiss and then permanent 'death' with no chance of true resurrection" and they ever lovely "we're super sorry that we divided gay/lesbian to Empire/Republic respectively, and we'll say we'll address in future story content, but we'll only half-arse it because we can't be bothered."

I'm sure Lana's great on the PTS (I don't have the room to install it at the moment so I've played), but frankly I don't think my (gay) Agent would want to have to deal with looking after a Force Sensitive or
Spoiler
Frankly, it'd probably be Vector, Lord Cytharat (if he's even alive by this point - we might have chosen Light Side to save him but apparently that means nothing to Bioware) or an II Agent he can "trust".

Besides, with the amount of cutting down Bioware is doing on story content (it's a single flashpoint this time, isn't it? Not the two and one-quest we started with, but just a random flashpoint?) we'd be damn lucky that they even entertain the notion of companions again, and considering they promised not to put story content on the Cartel Market, they won't put Lana, Theron or any other SGRA companion on there. And if they can't charge us through the nose, they're likely not going to do it. I'd like them to surprise me, of course, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

That being said, would you guys recommend installing the PTS just for the one flashpoint?

MozOTheUndercity's Avatar


MozOTheUndercity
08.10.2014 , 06:06 AM | #3636
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That being said, would you guys recommend installing the PTS just for the one flashpoint?
Unless you don't have the space on your drive then you might as well, but given that 2.9 is going live in a week and some change if you don't have the space I wouldn't go out of my way to free up any. Can't say I've regretted it myself, but I was doing a bit of GSH research on there too.

I'm liking Lana a lot; my agent originally only flirted with her because she has a tendency of buttering up people she thinks may be important, but I think if it came to it she'd pick Lana over Vector at this point (doesn't help that I've basically forgotten what I liked about Vector in the first place after so long).

I'm not the world's biggest Theron fan yet, he seems a bit businesslike to me, but maybe when 2.9 goes live and I try it with some different characters I'll warm to him.

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
08.10.2014 , 09:29 AM | #3637
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
But then we'd still end up with only one SGR companion for each side: Lana for the bisexual and lesbian ladies of the Empire, and Theron for the bisexual and gay men of the Republic.
You didn't read what I wrote, if Lana and Theron end up as companions then I expect them to be cross-faction, on both sides, just like HK and Treek because of the way Forged Alliances story is being set up. As for 'only one'. Don't expect anything more. The game came out nearly 3 years ago, if we even get these 2 as SGR companions it will be a surprise because at this point I stopped even considering anything else than 1-line flirts will get implemented.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Besides, with the amount of cutting down Bioware is doing on story content (it's a single flashpoint this time, isn't it? Not the two and one-quest we started with, but just a random flashpoint?) we'd be damn lucky that they even entertain the notion of companions again, and considering they promised not to put story content on the Cartel Market, they won't put Lana, Theron or any other SGRA companion on there. And if they can't charge us through the nose, they're likely not going to do it. I'd like them to surprise me, of course, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

That being said, would you guys recommend installing the PTS just for the one flashpoint?
It's not 'just a FP', it's continuation ot the story from Tython/Korriban, set on its own planet and will be continued in another FP in part 3 of Forged Alliances that leads to 3.0 expansion. This is the best story treatement and vision they had since the game launched, it's like they actually do try again to put some focus on the story.

As for installing just for PTS? 20GB+ download. If you feel like leaving your PC/laptop overnight to install it sure, if not don't bother, everything is on Youtube.

Quote: Originally Posted by MozOTheUndercity View Post

I'm not the world's biggest Theron fan yet, he seems a bit businesslike to me, but maybe when 2.9 goes live and I try it with some different characters I'll warm to him.
He's rather sweet, and there are multiple options to flirt with him in Part 1 and Part 2

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
08.10.2014 , 09:57 AM | #3638
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
You didn't read what I wrote, if Lana and Theron end up as companions then I expect them to be cross-faction, on both sides, just like HK and Treek because of the way Forged Alliances story is being set up. As for 'only one'. Don't expect anything more. The game came out nearly 3 years ago, if we even get these 2 as SGR companions it will be a surprise because at this point I stopped even considering anything else than 1-line flirts will get implemented.

It's not 'just a FP', it's continuation ot the story from Tython/Korriban, set on its own planet and will be continued in another FP in part 3 of Forged Alliances that leads to 3.0 expansion. This is the best story treatement and vision they had since the game launched, it's like they actually do try again to put some focus on the story.

As for installing just for PTS? 20GB+ download. If you feel like leaving your PC/laptop overnight to install it sure, if not don't bother, everything is on Youtube.
I did misunderstand your point there - I suppose I'll have to wait until it drops live (and level my Smug) to see if the Theron Shan thing would make sense cross-faction.

As for being "just" a flashpoint - does it have a linking quest chain (as the Korriban/Tython flashpoints did)? I assume it does, given how you're talking about it, and that such would be required for further (appropriate) Lana/Theron interactions. If they're actually putting focus on story again, I'll be pleasantly surprised. In spite of my tone (and I realise I just *****ed up a storm, that's was entirely wrong of me and I apologise), I do actually very much enjoy story content (but I do prefer the solo stuff over the flashpoint stuff, hence my hesitation about being excited about 'Forged Alliances', seeing as it appears to be mostly flashpoint based - I never ran any of the flashpoints while levelling because I dislike such disorganised grouping, which was probably detrimental to my story experience, in retrospect.)

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
08.10.2014 , 11:52 AM | #3639
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I did misunderstand your point there - I suppose I'll have to wait until it drops live (and level my Smug) to see if the Theron Shan thing would make sense cross-faction.

As for being "just" a flashpoint - does it have a linking quest chain (as the Korriban/Tython flashpoints did)? I assume it does, given how you're talking about it, and that such would be required for further (appropriate) Lana/Theron interactions. If they're actually putting focus on story again, I'll be pleasantly surprised. In spite of my tone (and I realise I just *****ed up a storm, that's was entirely wrong of me and I apologise), I do actually very much enjoy story content (but I do prefer the solo stuff over the flashpoint stuff, hence my hesitation about being excited about 'Forged Alliances', seeing as it appears to be mostly flashpoint based - I never ran any of the flashpoints while levelling because I dislike such disorganised grouping, which was probably detrimental to my story experience, in retrospect.)
Majority of story cutscenes in Forged Alliances FPs are set before, after and in-between the actual FP instaces thus you don't have to deal much with spacebar group members. Much better than in some of the old FPs. I just think this is vastly superior to what they've been doing before. Czerka here, now Dread Guards, Black Hole over there, rouge Sith on Ilum, now Hutts etc. There was no focus or vision for the long-term story. For Forged Alliances + 3.0 they've seemingly planned the arc for the entire year in advance. I wish they did it like that from now on, the game would be much more engaging if we had focused story arcs each 'season'/year

JeffrenBrek's Avatar


JeffrenBrek
08.10.2014 , 01:20 PM | #3640
This thread is pointless.