Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar's Avatar


Palar
03.01.2013 , 12:32 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
At the very least they should stop the bait-and-switch practice of putting a reasonable sounding option that actually makes your character act like an arse when they talk. I had a recent one where "Alert security" because "Quit whining, peasant, I am a JEDI and am beyond such petty concerns /slap"

I mean, really? In context "Alert security" was "let security know there are people with stolen key codes breaking in" not "Shall I show the level of my arse-hattery?"

Could you imagine the [Flirt]s being so weird? Where "I think you look nice" becomes "Come to the bedroom of WONDER"

Yeah... no.
Well.... I kinda wanted to play my Smuggler as a Zapp Brannigan, but it would have gotten old fast. Especially with para-phrasing - the Branniganesque lines would probably end up as "you complete me" levels of mush.

valicetra's Avatar


valicetra
03.01.2013 , 12:37 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Which is why some love Ashara and others hate her! ^_^
which is why I started romancing her, because she was the only option I had... untill I realized she was still talking...
Say is that a tentacle?

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
03.01.2013 , 06:20 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Well.... I kinda wanted to play my Smuggler as a Zapp Brannigan, but it would have gotten old fast. Especially with para-phrasing - the Branniganesque lines would probably end up as "you complete me" levels of mush.
A part of me is now hoping that a Zapp Brannigan turns up in one of the future Agent chapters, if only so that there could be that "I thought we were good... friends" moment.

Also a terrible, dark part of me wants the Makeb romance to involve a heavy make-out session on those holo-map desks designed for troop deployment.

"Cipher! That is not an appropriate use of Imperial technology!"

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
03.01.2013 , 08:24 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also a terrible, dark part of me wants the Makeb romance to involve a heavy make-out session on those holo-map desks designed for troop deployment.
"Cipher! That is not an appropriate use of Imperial technology!"
Ok, stop doing this, or I'll eventually get disappointed with the options we will be getting in game.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
03.01.2013 , 08:27 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Ok, stop doing this, or I'll eventually get disappointed with the options we will be getting in game.
Sorry, can't help myself ._.

I wouldn't want people to be more disappointed than they have to be.

Palar's Avatar


Palar
03.01.2013 , 09:44 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Also a terrible, dark part of me wants the Makeb romance to involve a heavy make-out session on those holo-map desks designed for troop deployment.

"Cipher! That is not an appropriate use of Imperial technology!"
And then comes the awkward moment when the holo-com button gets (accidentally?) bumped and it dials Watcher Two?

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
03.01.2013 , 09:47 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
And then comes the awkward moment when the holo-com button gets (accidentally?) bumped and it dials Watcher Two?
Watcher Two would record the proceedings for training purposes.

Yes...

training purposes.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
03.01.2013 , 10:41 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yes...
training purposes.

Rabenschwinge's Avatar


Rabenschwinge
03.01.2013 , 10:48 AM | #249
Just an article about romances in video games I noticed on the net....
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/13/fa...mance-options/

Arguably every critic uttered regarding Mass Effect is even more true in SW:TOR, because it the romances are even more condensed, brief and have little effect on the game play. It's difficult to see it so that the romantic aspect as a motivation for the players actions.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
03.01.2013 , 11:06 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Just an article about romances in video games I noticed on the net....
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/13/fa...mance-options/
I kind of skipped around the conversation as it seemed to be a partial insight into romance in games in general, from two polar opposites of the spectrum (one for, on against) which, while nice, didn't seem to serve for anything better than "if you like it, it's good, if you don't, it's a distraction".

I did notice at the end the comment of "get the girl", which does rather raise the question of: in SWTOR, do you feel that your romance partners are there as "rewards" for your progress (i.e. well done, you've defeated the BBEG! Here's a kissy face for you) or that is more of a natural process between the two people involved?

I have to say, I think Bioware has largely avoided that "reward" scenario in their romances, but then I obviously haven't played through them all (nor looked them up on youtube). It would be nice if that trend continued.