Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
08.27.2013 , 12:48 AM | #1791
The best thing about Gaider, whether one agrees or disagrees with what he says, he'll say what he means (and mean what he says) without any of the B.S or smokescreening we get from this lot...

"Sorry, still no plans for more class-specific storylines, though we'll still have class-based content in our shared storylines" - What the Hell does that even mean? NPCs will recognise and acknowledge what class you're playing? "Glad you could make it, [Insert Class], as a hero of the [Insert Faction], we need you to go fight the dastardly Genericons before they unleash vagueness upon the galaxy."

Gee, I'm so impressed I could puke...

Tatile
08.27.2013 , 03:50 AM | #1792
Well, we can know what it means in terms of Class Content:
No companions
No continuation of companion's stories
No SGRAs with companions (no more OGRAs either, but those already exist)
No information AT ALL about parts of Chapter 3 that still remain relevant

Ultimately, no compelling story telling or meaningful decisions.

fabiyun
08.27.2013 , 04:17 AM | #1793
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
No companions

But... Already saw that coming. Of course I'd hoped for more class stories, but when they did Makeb, we already knew they were taking a different turn.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Tatile
08.27.2013 , 04:50 AM | #1794
Yes, but unfortunately some of us still had hope.

And having hope is quite possibly the worst thing you can ever do.

Xilizhra
08.27.2013 , 07:07 AM | #1795
No companions

Aren't the class stories more or less finished already, though? That's the impression I got, at least.

Of course, continuing them would be ideal... and this may be an example of why trying to meld single-player RPGs with MMOs is an experiment that won't work out well in the long run. Either way, though, can we not hope for more SGRAs in some other form, even if it's not class-specific companions?

Tatile
08.27.2013 , 11:55 AM | #1796
If they're going to introduce SGRAs with non-class specific companions (which I now highly doubt), they're likely to be very mediocre and generic stories, with one option for each (including faction - so think Treek, but not.)

And that's hardly better than what we have now.

chuixupu
08.27.2013 , 01:57 PM | #1797
OT, but possibly has some relation to the topic, I figured you guys may enjoy this http://atraeathing.tumblr.com/post/5...bioware-austin

If you go to the original blogger there's a lot of additional commentary.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Xilizhra
08.27.2013 , 02:39 PM | #1798
If they're going to introduce SGRAs with non-class specific companions (which I now highly doubt), they're likely to be very mediocre and generic stories, with one option for each (including faction - so think Treek, but not.)

And that's hardly better than what we have now.
I can think of one solution... but I probably can't say what it is or risk banning.

Tatile
08.27.2013 , 02:49 PM | #1799
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
I can think of one solution... but I probably can't say what it is or risk banning.
PM me, it's probably nothing major.

Highborne
08.30.2013 , 05:40 PM | #1800
I said that I don't hold out much optimism given current trends for both new content and how SGRs were handled in Makeb.
Uh-huh. Three - count 'em, three - [flirt] options and one kiss.....just before a LS/DS choice that determines whether the guy in question lives or dies.

Thus guaranteeing, to my considerable annoyance, that we'll NEVER get him as a companion.

Seriously: if I'd had the option to swap out Khem Val for the same-gender guy on Makeb, I'd have done it in a heartbeat (and proceeded to snog said new companion at every turn ). My LS Sorcerer is...poorly-suited to Khem's company anyway, and it's not like the NPC in question can't be statted up as a STR-based melee tank/DPS, a la Lord Scourge (among others)

*siiiighhhh* but along came the LS/DS choice, meaning that we'll never see him again. Damnit.

Frankly, Bioware, not at all impressed here. As is sadly typical in video games (but not in Bioware's recent RPG offerings, such as Dragon Age (Origins or II) or Mass Effect 3), the entirety of romance arcs are being set up for the benefit of straight, white, cisgendered males. I must admit, from someone like Blizzard? This treatment would be about as good as it gets.

You, however, have a track record of being better to LGBT and LGBT-friendly players, so from you, this is a real disappointment.