Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
08.26.2013 , 02:50 PM | #1781
Quote:
Sorry, still no plans for more class-specific storylines, though we'll still have class-based content in our shared storylines
That from Mr. Boyd's twitter. Means we won't be getting any companion content, no story content, nothing. JFC.

copperjack
08.26.2013 , 04:01 PM | #1782
I'm glad they're at least doing different lines for different classes rather than one-size-fits-all things, but it's a bit of a letdown. The thing that made this game unique was the class stories, and I seem to remember it being implied that they would be continued in the future. I guess I'll just stay optimistic and hope they change their minds.

Xilizhra
08.26.2013 , 04:07 PM | #1783
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ugh, don't even mention Cartel Market companions. That just justifies all the hate and derision that's been thrown our from homophobes and Bioware alike.
Should we just try to hold out for whatever the next Star Wars RPG might be? Or Bioware title... I know I'm looking forward to DAI, which I'm certain won't have this problem.

Tatile
08.26.2013 , 04:17 PM | #1784
Quote: Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Should we just try to hold out for whatever the next Star Wars RPG might be? Or Bioware title... I know I'm looking forward to DAI, which I'm certain won't have this problem.
Oh no, that's done by Euston and they're a good studio. Hell, David Gaider is on tumblr (http://dgaider.tumblr.com/) and TALKS TO PEOPLE.

THAT IS *********** UNBELIEVABLE.

I am really tempted by Saints Row 4 and, frankly, I can buy CC to play Ops, have to pay for expansions anyway, don't really need Flashpoints for much of my gear progression and have already bought the Equipment Authorization as a "just in case".

The now-Lead Writer has explicitly stated he will no longer be making the content that I enjoy, so why am I paying for this game? Yeah, Operations whatever, but honestly, how much do they cost versus story content? :/

fabiyun
08.26.2013 , 04:38 PM | #1785
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...e-of-rpgs.aspx

Interestingly to me it sounds like BW's General Manager does not consider BioWare Austin to be part of the BioWare Studios. It sounds like he doesn't even really know what's going on there. The other guys, though from different IPs and products, do know what's going on and are involved in each other's projects. But that's just what it looked like to me.

It also seems like KOTOR3 will happen on the next generation of consoles, it's just going to happen after DA3, ME4 and the new IP. It's certainly something I'm looking forward to.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Tatile
08.26.2013 , 04:43 PM | #1786
God I forgot about all that other crap. I respec all the time :/ Not that I'd DPS much with my Operative, but I'd need cash every now and then for new outfits... *narrows eyes*

Also, other Bioware studios not recognising Austin? I hardly find that surprising. They're probably ashamed.

Xilizhra
08.26.2013 , 04:47 PM | #1787
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Oh no, that's done by Euston and they're a good studio. Hell, David Gaider is on tumblr (http://dgaider.tumblr.com/) and TALKS TO PEOPLE.

THAT IS *********** UNBELIEVABLE.

I am really tempted by Saints Row 4 and, frankly, I can buy CC to play Ops, have to pay for expansions anyway, don't really need Flashpoints for much of my gear progression and have already bought the Equipment Authorization as a "just in case".

The now-Lead Writer has explicitly stated he will no longer be making the content that I enjoy, so why am I paying for this game? Yeah, Operations whatever, but honestly, how much do they cost versus story content? :/
Oh, yes, the DA community is a far different beast (I actually came to this series through Dragon Age and Mass Effect, not KOTOR). I don't agree with everything Gaider says by any means, but he's a good person trying his best. As for things like operations and flashpoints, I really doubt they'd hold my interest; for that sort of thing, I can just play WoW.

Quote:
It also seems like KOTOR3 will happen on the next generation of consoles, it's just going to happen after DA3, ME4 and the new IP. It's certainly something I'm looking forward to.
Shame we couldn't have had that instead of TOR... but with luck, the terrible Austin team will be jettisoned and that game can be the true sign of progress with this being just an unfortunate black mark (although technically it's a step up from KotOR 2 having no SGRs of any variety... then again, that had more modding capability).

Euphrosyne
08.26.2013 , 05:00 PM | #1788
Oh, yes, the DA community is a far different beast (I actually came to this series through Dragon Age and Mass Effect, not KOTOR).
Yeah, I remember you from BSN. It's been awhile. I imagine that despite all the prophecies of doom and gloom people were making after DA2/ME3, the community still exists and whatnot?
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Xilizhra
08.26.2013 , 05:04 PM | #1789
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Yeah, I remember you from BSN. It's been awhile. I imagine that despite all the prophecies of doom and gloom people were making after DA2/ME3, the community still exists and whatnot?
Certainly. Thriving, really, or as much you can on tantalizing information nuggets.

fabiyun
08.26.2013 , 05:12 PM | #1790
Oh, yes, the DA community is a far different beast (I actually came to this series through Dragon Age and Mass Effect, not KOTOR). I don't agree with everything Gaider says by any means, but he's a good person trying his best. As for things like operations and flashpoints, I really doubt they'd hold my interest; for that sort of thing, I can just play WoW.

Shame we couldn't have had that instead of TOR... but with luck, the terrible Austin team will be jettisoned and that game can be the true sign of progress with this being just an unfortunate black mark (although technically it's a step up from KotOR 2 having no SGRs of any variety... then again, that had more modding capability).
The good thing about MMOs is that their legacy involves nothing more than a Wikipedia entry. Some crazy fans will work forever on a standalone that will never make the light of day, and that will be it.

I think David Gaider is a good guy and I like his enthousiasm and his writing. All in all though, the communication and involvement of the Dragon Age team is much, much better than the communication and involvement here.

SWTOR really is Story Light in WoW in Space. Some Flashpoints are done really great though, there's some good stories there. Operations have interesting mechanics and fighting a big boss with a group is fun, but they lack the story that is there in some Flashpoints.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"