Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
07.19.2013 , 12:51 AM | #1621
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
So... why bother posting then? Especially since your next comment is incomprehensible.
[snip]
Does anyone have a clue what this means? It seems like it should mean something, but I DK what.
No idea. I think it's that guy's attempt at appearing wise and intellectual by hiding his meaning behind pithy phrases and references, but only in an area where he knows no will understand and therefore cannot compete with his greatness. This is especially obvious since he's not coming back to the thread.

It's just spam, really.

(Also, "Island"? We're space.)

SithKoriandr
07.19.2013 , 07:18 AM | #1622
Does Fire Awakening have anything to do with Fire Emblem? I just don't get it.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

thegrognard
07.20.2013 , 01:08 AM | #1623
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
So... why bother posting then? Especially since your next comment is incomprehensible.
Does anyone have a clue what this means? It seems like it should mean something, but I DK what.
I believe Fire Island was (or possibly still is) a famous destination for having many homosexuals vacation there with parties and so on. However I only have this knowledge based off of references on TV such as Simpsons and American Dad so I can't say one way or the other, but I believe he means it may come out as DLC to have your companions romancable and for it to only occur on some new planet which would be the equivilent to Fire Island.

However there's always the chance I could be wrong but that's what I think he means.

Tatile
07.20.2013 , 07:04 AM | #1624
Quote: Originally Posted by thegrognard View Post
However there's always the chance I could be wrong but that's what I think he means.
So, he's saying that Bioware should put all the SGR/A stuff in one place?

Why? He's afraid of catching The Gay?

No wonder he didn't want to comment further or elaborate, merely posting in this thread probably put him at risk of The Gay

Joushigun
07.20.2013 , 09:15 AM | #1625
I believe Fire Island was (or possibly still is) a famous destination for having many homosexuals vacation there with parties and so on. However I only have this knowledge based off of references on TV such as Simpsons and American Dad so I can't say one way or the other, but I believe he means it may come out as DLC to have your companions romancable and for it to only occur on some new planet which would be the equivilent to Fire Island.

For a very long time, Fire Island was a prime destination on the East Coast for LGB people to congregate. In fact, it's famous theater just got designated an historical site thanks to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

Of course, it hasn't been as big a destination in recent decades what with San Francisco and Vermont being so openly accepting.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Joushigun
07.20.2013 , 09:17 AM | #1626
So, I haven't commented on or read this thread for a while...any news on SGR's related to our companions future or present?
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

SithKoriandr
07.20.2013 , 09:39 AM | #1627
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
So, I haven't commented on or read this thread for a while...any news on SGR's related to our companions future or present?
None. :/
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

stuffystuffs
07.20.2013 , 02:17 PM | #1628
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
None, nada, zilch, zip.
Node guarder

thegrognard
07.20.2013 , 03:24 PM | #1629
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So, he's saying that Bioware should put all the SGR/A stuff in one place?

Why? He's afraid of catching The Gay?

No wonder he didn't want to comment further or elaborate, merely posting in this thread probably put him at risk of The Gay
I heard that once you're exposed, you start listening to Seline Dion, wearing Flips and have a intense urge to go to the theatre. lol.

Anyway, back on topic.

I do like that Bioware and slowly easing the whole SGR into it. It doesn't totally excuse the fact it wasn't there at launch, but atleast they're trying and doing more of it like with this new weekly bounty thing.

SithKoriandr
07.20.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1630
I heard that once you're exposed, you start listening to Seline Dion, wearing Flips and have a intense urge to go to the theatre. lol.

Anyway, back on topic.

I do like that Bioware and slowly easing the whole SGR into it. It doesn't totally excuse the fact it wasn't there at launch, but atleast they're trying and doing more of it like with this new weekly bounty thing.
Is it really that much more? I got the feeling it was just more flirts.

I think I'm more disappointed with Treek being introduced and not Lord Cytharat and Lemda or a new companion that could be SGR than Treek being an Ewok.