Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithKoriandr
05.14.2013 , 04:21 PM | #1341
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
On a somewhat related note to Xeperi, is it bad of me to wish that LS Jaesa is made a female-only romance in the future? As if to say she's inherently a lesbian, but the Warrior's process of breaking her and turning her to the Dark Side so utterly corrupts and confuses her mind and personality that she likes men () and latches onto the male Warrior obsessively.

Or maybe I just want LS Jaesa to be a lesbian to get away from the idea that sexuality (or, rather for this game, homosexuality) is something inherently Dark Side.
I suggested it before. Thought it was perfect idea.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Dweomerknight
05.14.2013 , 05:13 PM | #1342
I'm sorry; I'm very late to this discussion and kept getting directed to threads which had been closed due to post count. I did not even remotely have the time to peruse the gargantuan number of posts on this topic. Can someone please give me a quick update on the status of this feature?

I haven't seen it in-game so I'm assuming that "by the end of 2012" didn't happen. What's the status?

Thanks.

SithKoriandr
05.14.2013 , 06:13 PM | #1343
Quote: Originally Posted by Dweomerknight View Post
I'm sorry; I'm very late to this discussion and kept getting directed to threads which had been closed due to post count. I did not even remotely have the time to peruse the gargantuan number of posts on this topic. Can someone please give me a quick update on the status of this feature?

I haven't seen it in-game so I'm assuming that "by the end of 2012" didn't happen. What's the status?

Thanks.
Depends. SGR with companions? No. SGR with NPCS? Yes, but level 50+.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Dweomerknight
05.15.2013 , 06:11 PM | #1344
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Depends. SGR with companions? No. SGR with NPCS? Yes, but level 50+.
So the issue is essentially dead then; it's never going to happen? I mean, if they didn't put it in with new content it's hard for me to imagine them going back and inserting it in to 50 levels of old content covering numerous characters, companions, and story arcs. Is there something I've missed?

Bytemite
05.15.2013 , 06:16 PM | #1345
I'd like to see it implemented with a companion conversation replay feature.

But I dunno. If they have to record a lot of new lines, might be harder to convince the shareholders.

SithKoriandr
05.15.2013 , 07:27 PM | #1346
So the issue is essentially dead then; it's never going to happen? I mean, if they didn't put it in with new content it's hard for me to imagine them going back and inserting it in to 50 levels of old content covering numerous characters, companions, and story arcs. Is there something I've missed?
I think the idea of (and it's just personal opinion) SGR with your current companions or SGR flirts with past NPCs is not going to happen.

SGR with a future companion that is sold on the market either as SGR or Herosexual, very possible. There's a demand for SGR companion and they could very likely see other players purchasing a new companion, because it's new!

stuffystuffs
05.15.2013 , 07:34 PM | #1347
I really don't see them going back and changing the existing group of companion dialogs.

It's possible that if they expand upon current companion stories with new dialogs, they might also add in a SGRA path for some companions (this would be post 50/55 content for most). I doubt even this will happen though.

We'll probably get more 'mini' romances with NPCs like Lembda and Lord Cytherat. They may also add in new companions that are shared between classes (possibly faction limited though) and these new companions may have a romance arc and may even have an SGRA one.
Node guarder

Pietrastor
05.15.2013 , 08:17 PM | #1348
They said that if/when there're going to be new companions, it will be HK-style (same for all classes etc). Most people assume that if there ever is SGR with a companion, it will be with new HK-style added companions in future.

Tatile
05.16.2013 , 04:24 AM | #1349
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
They said that if/when there're going to be new companions, it will be HK-style (same for all classes etc). Most people assume that if there ever is SGR with a companion, it will be with new HK-style added companions in future.
And then of course we'll be in the Pay2Gay scenario, which will only drive more people away from the game. Not that Makeb isn't, of course, but providing companions only through the Cartel Market solidifies that.

Seireeni
05.16.2013 , 04:38 AM | #1350
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
And then of course we'll be in the Pay2Gay scenario, which will only drive more people away from the game. Not that Makeb isn't, of course, but providing companions only through the Cartel Market solidifies that.
Nah, at least HK didn't work that way. Something actually similiar to HK (do quest series x and get a free companion) would be great imo.

Though, I'm a little worried about just adding 1 gay companion that "fits all" - what if I happen to think that guy/gal is a complete idiot?
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy