Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
05.03.2013 , 08:26 AM | #1251
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
However, SGR was added. And it seems it's unequal in OGR anyways, with less Female > Male flirt options. :/
Yes, it is. And that's another thing that needs fixing.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nagadeath's Avatar


Nagadeath
05.03.2013 , 08:35 AM | #1252
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
o.O If they had introduced Cartel Market Companions only, I could see it, but wasn't this more Pay 2 PLay Expansion?
i would agree if they had added some of the flirts to the 2.0 content. however they added it to makeb only so that made it so that you can do ogra from 1-50 for free but to do any sgra you have to pay 10-20 $ depending on what game option you have.

but that's just the way i look at it. other people will see it however they want.

Edit: it could also have something to do with becoming jaded from all the lies, misinformation, and changes of direction that have come from BW over the last 4 years.....

Bytemite's Avatar


Bytemite
05.03.2013 , 09:39 AM | #1253
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
i quit for a while (was here from the first request threads in the beta forums) but came back to check things out. although i haven't tried the new flirts out mainly out of protest of the whole "pay for gay" thing.
That's an interesting argument. I'd been thinking about having new companions instead of converting the old companions to bisexuality because that seemed like a narrative stretch, and because it would be potentially difficult to convince shareholders to add that unless they already have the voice recording from the actors. But it is probably unfair to make people pay to unlock that option too.

I'll need to rethink this, try to come up with some workable proposals.

PowerJediRanger's Avatar


PowerJediRanger
05.03.2013 , 09:59 AM | #1254
Even if I'm not into this thing, my guess is they are just trying a little experiment to see how it goes and take it from there in future patches.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
05.03.2013 , 10:29 AM | #1255
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
i would agree if they had added some of the flirts to the 2.0 content. however they added it to makeb only so that made it so that you can do ogra from 1-50 for free but to do any sgra you have to pay 10-20 $ depending on what game option you have.

but that's just the way i look at it. other people will see it however they want.

Edit: it could also have something to do with becoming jaded from all the lies, misinformation, and changes of direction that have come from BW over the last 4 years.....
Eh, F2P hopefully make the game money, and so charging them for extras is a good thing. They make no money if they just play for free. So really, F2Pers really should be happy with whatever they do give them, as they're playing for free.

But for your point, they could always just add in one new side quest on Rep and Imp side, or just one side really, give the player the option to flirt with the quest giver either as hero/bi/same gender flirt.

If they were willing to put work into old content that is. I don't get the feeling they're willing to really put effort into changing old content though. Likely thought of as a waste of money.

Maybe go back and put in more than 3 chat options for some quests. Seriously, for my Smuggler, I would've actually prefered the funny male "I'm Chiss >_>;;" chat option, over the flirt option, just because it was way better
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bytemite's Avatar


Bytemite
05.03.2013 , 11:08 AM | #1256
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Maybe go back and put in more than 3 chat options for some quests. Seriously, for my Smuggler, I would've actually prefered the funny male "I'm Chiss >_>;;" chat option, over the flirt option, just because it was way better
I like this. Signed.

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
05.06.2013 , 02:58 PM | #1257
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Fabiyun, MusedMoose, Natashina, Uluain and many more quit SWTOR during the extremely long (near on a year) period of no or misinformation Bioware was providing us.
Saying hi! Been away for some time and just now started checking out Makeb. So far my Smuggler has encountered at least five to six male>female flirt options, but not one male > male.

I'm .... underwhelmed.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
05.06.2013 , 03:04 PM | #1258
Well, there are literally no male/male [Flirt]s on the Republic side because... gays are evil, according to Bioware: Austin?

I have no idea. But they decided that SGR should be separated by faction, except lesbians. So, actually, the only people who get the short end of the stick are the people with gay male characters playing the Republic.

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
05.06.2013 , 08:53 PM | #1259
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Well, there are literally no male/male [Flirt]s on the Republic side because... gays are evil, according to Bioware: Austin?

I have no idea. But they decided that SGR should be separated by faction, except lesbians. So, actually, the only people who get the short end of the stick are the people with gay male characters playing the Republic.
Um, no I have a lesbian Sith Marauder. So, she's getitng the short end of the stick too. Or else, I've been informed wrong... are you telling me that there IS a lesbian on Empire side Makeb that my marauder can flirt with?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

ganondorq's Avatar


ganondorq
05.06.2013 , 10:22 PM | #1260
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Um, no I have a lesbian Sith Marauder. So, she's getitng the short end of the stick too. Or else, I've been informed wrong... are you telling me that there IS a lesbian on Empire side Makeb that my marauder can flirt with?
it's only two flirts, and they don't lead into any romances. one on the dreadseed quests, another on the macrobinocular quests.