Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.26.2013 , 06:28 PM | #1091
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
if he is designed exclusively gay, fine. but if he was set straight then turned hero-sexual (Like people want with the current companions instead of asking for a new gay/lesbian companion) it looks weird if I do it before and he had not flirts for one of my male characters, then all of a sudden I see it on another, wierd.

If I want Romance, I read fanfictions of games I play or shows I watch. If I want a good story with the character I made, I play this game.
So, you want us to stop asking for stuff we think is important because you think it's weird?

Yeah... no.

stormdrakelord's Avatar


stormdrakelord
04.26.2013 , 06:31 PM | #1092
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So, you want us to stop asking for stuff we think is important because you think it's weird?

Yeah... no.
not telling you guys to stop asking, just stop making a big fuss over it. leave it up to the Devs and let them do it the way they want to.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 06:35 PM | #1093
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
if he is designed exclusively gay, fine. but if he was set straight then turned hero-sexual (Like people want with the current companions instead of asking for a new gay/lesbian companion) it looks weird if I do it before and he had not flirts for one of my male characters, then all of a sudden I see it on another, wierd.

If I want Romance, I read fanfictions of games I play or shows I watch. If I want a good story with the character I made, I play this game.
Kaliyo was desingned a bi, but there was no SGR in SWTOR when it launched. As I already mentioned, if the reason that Kaliyo cannot be romanced is that Kaliyo is not interested in female agents, I'm fine with it. However, if the reason simply is that they didn't want to make this kind of exception, it's a poor reason.
Also, people can always ask whatever they wish for.

Last time I checked, this was considered MMORPG. I especially bring up the RPG part. I'd love to be able to RPG characters that are not heterosexual, and do it by some other way than not [flirt]ing with anyone.

stormdrakelord's Avatar


stormdrakelord
04.26.2013 , 06:40 PM | #1094
The problem with making existing Companions available for SGR is how they go about it. No matter what, people will complain. Whether they have to reroll or wait till after 50. either way Bioware loses.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 06:43 PM | #1095
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
The problem with making existing Companions available for SGR is how they go about it. No matter what, people will complain. Whether they have to reroll or wait till after 50. either way Bioware loses.
Whatever you do or decide not to do, someone will complain. I can promise that. With this logic, Bioware also loses if they do nothing.

stormdrakelord's Avatar


stormdrakelord
04.26.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1096
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Whatever you do or decide not to do, someone will complain. I can promise that. With this logic, Bioware also loses if they do nothing.
Again, not telling people to quit asking, but I see that this has gone on for too long, and it seems that this is ALL people want in their story. If that is true, they why not have a gay/lesbian planet where the only story you have is a gay/lesbian romance one?
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

stuffystuffs's Avatar


stuffystuffs
04.26.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1097
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
And yet, when they give you what you ask for, you complain that it is not what you want.
Except...they didn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
The way I see it, none of you will be happy until everyone in the galaxy can be romanced by either gender, just so everyone can find someone that "fits" them.
"Everyone in the galaxy" =/= "all romanceable companions"

I also find these two sentences confusing...first, you state 'we' (I guess the people that post in this thread) got what we 'asked for' yet still aren't happy...then you go on to state what would make us happy (which isn't what we got).

Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
The problem with making existing Companions available for SGR is how they go about it. No matter what, people will complain. Whether they have to reroll or wait till after 50. either way Bioware loses.
People complain if they don't do it and still 'lose'.

That's not a compelling argument.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
04.26.2013 , 06:58 PM | #1098
When the guy's asking to put all gay and lesbian NPCs on a single planet so they aren't spread around the rest of the galaxy, getting their non-heterosexual-ness in the "real story", there's no talking to him. He's just a troll.

stormdrakelord's Avatar


stormdrakelord
04.26.2013 , 07:04 PM | #1099
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
When the guy's asking to put all gay and lesbian NPCs on a single planet so they aren't spread around the rest of the galaxy, getting their non-heterosexual-ness in the "real story", there's no talking to him. He's just a troll.
okay the "gay planet" Thing was a joke, but was being used to point out how big of a fuss this has gotten. I do not care if people are asking for it since launch, it should not be a fuss/big issue in the story. Romance=/=the actual story of the game/character. IT should be a very minor detail at the most.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
04.26.2013 , 07:05 PM | #1100
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
Again, not telling people to quit asking, but I see that this has gone on for too long, and it seems that this is ALL people want in their story. If that is true, they why not have a gay/lesbian planet where the only story you have is a gay/lesbian romance one?
The problem? That is NOT true.
Your problem solved?