Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ERROR Updating the Game on every Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
ERROR Updating the Game on every Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 11:03 AM | #1
Hello Support Team

I realy hope that someone can help me. Since the 1.4 Update I have the same problem with every update. The update installing process stops at a random spot and does not continue.

I tried deleting the "assets_swtor_main_..." files as well as the patch folder. Followed by the the "ipconfig /flushdns" thing. All this several times. I startet the fixlauncher.exe and the launcherdiag. Everything.

My PC hardware has to changed and I didnīt install any new programs. In the end the only think that works in a fully new installation of the game. It canīt be the only way to get a current version of SWTOR on my harddrive disk.

You are my only help!
But i am not willing to do so anly longer. My last hope is some help from one the officals/support guys. PLEASE!

Otherwise I think I have to chancel my subscription because it is no longer acceptable for me to reinstall the game completely after every update.

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 11:05 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Lorat,

Please post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs within spoiler tags("[spoiler][/spoiler])

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt

If the log is too large to fit, please post the bottom section as this is the most recent and most relevant.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 11:19 AM | #3
Hello Bronholz

Thanks for your quick rsponse. The last logfile looks like this:
Spoiler

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 11:33 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the logs.

Below are some troubleshooting steps for this issue. I know you've done some troubleshooting steps before, if you haven't done these steps already please follow them to see if it has an affect on the issue.
Spoiler

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 12:14 PM | #5
I did all this, but it still donīt work. Here is the last logfile.

Spoiler

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 12:50 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying that for me Lorat,

What Anti-Virus are you using?

I'd like you to try creating a new Windows User Profile (with admin rights). Please then attempt to patch the game to see if this has an affect on the issue.

Are you or have you ever used SWTOR Unleashed? If not setup properly this can cause issues with patching and installation.

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 01:53 PM | #7
- I use F-Secure
- my User profile allready has admin rights
- Yes, normaly i use SWTOR Unleashed

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 01:58 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Lorat,

The New user profile is to try and diagnose/bypass any issues with temp files/registry issues with your main account.

Could you try temporarily removing SWTOR Unleashed to see if this allows you to patch?

Additionally have you added the launcher to the exceptions list for your Anti-Virus?

Thanks.

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 02:10 PM | #9
I created a new admin account. But I canīt remove swtor unleased, but when i dont activate it shoudīt affect the start of swtor.

I can not implement swtor manualy in f secure. i have to wait for the questioning window, but this appears only after the update i think.

Lorat
01.25.2013 , 02:11 PM | #10
But i have deleted the Unleaseh Files from my harddisk.