Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I can't believe no one has mentioned the lightsaber bug was fixed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
01.26.2013 , 05:01 AM | #31
But now we're back to Tebow'ing(kinda) after logging in when we had a pet summoned

Oggthebase's Avatar


Oggthebase
01.26.2013 , 05:17 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by XeniteKT View Post
Perhaps they wouldn't complain so much if it didn't take months to fix one small bug.
I completely agree...

And the worst thing is that EAware get people to thank them for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.

It's like selling someone a car with a broken window, the buyer keeps asking for the car dealer to fix it and after three months the car dealer finally fixes the window and the buyer thanks the car dealer! While it was the car dealer who should apologize for the window being broken in the first place...

This just encourages the devs to continue producing crap code and fixing it 'afterward' so that people can thank them for producing crap code...

Knockerz's Avatar


Knockerz
01.26.2013 , 05:30 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
I completely agree...

And the worst thing is that EAware get people to thank them for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.

It's like selling someone a car with a broken window, the buyer keeps asking for the car dealer to fix it and after three months the car dealer finally fixes the window and the buyer thanks the car dealer! While it was the car dealer who should apologize for the window being broken in the first place...

This just encourages the devs to continue producing crap code and fixing it 'afterward' so that people can thank them for producing crap code...
Software!=car dealer. Every one produces crap code now days. Whether it be code that isn't very efficient or code that doesn't work as intended. This is especially true in the gaming industry now. There is always some thing that goes wrong. You want perfect good code go look at military and industry code for expensive hardware. Although judging by the use F-22 and F-35 even these multibillion dollar projects have bugs and now you expect a game to be code free? Dude if you did any real coding you wouldn't be saying that.

How can you say it's a small bug when you haven't even looked at the code? Just because it seems simply doesn't mean it's simple. There is reason wow some times just leaves bugs in game too due it's adverse affect changing code to fix a bug can cause a bug to arise some where else. Although the lightsaber bug needed to be fix, but if it were an npc, mob, or some thing not important or that has almost no effect on the player base it's best to just leave the bug in than try to fix it.

VassagoOmega's Avatar


VassagoOmega
01.26.2013 , 03:24 PM | #34
Yay! 1 down, 3948760-98345709873475 more to go!!
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

uramu's Avatar


uramu
01.26.2013 , 04:42 PM | #35
Ah cool. I didn't notice because I'm too bust staring at my double-bladed light saber with only one functional side.
I find your lack of faith ... Impressive. Most impressive.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
The Dark Side script seems to be mostly aimed at giving adolescent players a power trip and letting them be a jerk without any real consequences beyond developing a bad skin condition with optional on-off switch.

Oggthebase's Avatar


Oggthebase
01.28.2013 , 04:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Software!=car dealer. Every one produces crap code now days. Whether it be code that isn't very efficient or code that doesn't work as intended. This is especially true in the gaming industry now. There is always some thing that goes wrong. You want perfect good code go look at military and industry code for expensive hardware. Although judging by the use F-22 and F-35 even these multibillion dollar projects have bugs and now you expect a game to be code free? Dude if you did any real coding you wouldn't be saying that.

How can you say it's a small bug when you haven't even looked at the code? Just because it seems simply doesn't mean it's simple. There is reason wow some times just leaves bugs in game too due it's adverse affect changing code to fix a bug can cause a bug to arise some where else. Although the lightsaber bug needed to be fix, but if it were an npc, mob, or some thing not important or that has almost no effect on the player base it's best to just leave the bug in than try to fix it.
maybe you should read what I wrote before replying? I was not commenting on the size of the bug or whether it was easy to fix.
I was commenting on people thanking EAware for fixing something that should not have been broken in the first place.
(and before trying to give someone a lesson in coding maybe you should learn who the person is in the first place?)

SweKaiser's Avatar


SweKaiser
01.28.2013 , 05:01 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I also noticed...odd it was not in the patch notes.
They dont put fixes in the patchnotes anymore, only crap on the CS goes into patchnotes these days as its more important to them.

EATtheDEAD's Avatar


EATtheDEAD
01.28.2013 , 12:58 PM | #38
well i am a happy camper!! no longer will my sexy jedi ladies stab themselves in the face!

YES!!!
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

Jawstheshark's Avatar


Jawstheshark
01.29.2013 , 06:36 PM | #39
Yeah but now half the time when the game thinks my sabers are put away they are still in my hands and therefore renders them up and down like I am jogging when I **** and stabbing myself in the face..


Double tap on Z fixes it, but yeah... not really fixed.

Khosann's Avatar


Khosann
01.30.2013 , 04:50 AM | #40
I am sorry but this bug is NOT fixed. When you dismiss your companion, the lightsaber glow sticks to the last position of your companion. If you kill an enemy and your companion retreats to the default player character follow position same thing happens. Confirmed for Kira.

If Kira turns off her double lightsaber the downward blade glow remains. When Kira is summoned when you dismount your speeder she comes with her lightsaber drawn but not as a double blade lightsaber but as a single blade lightsaber.

Same thing since the initial release. Why they could not fix this? Not enough QA guys or something?
There is no mistake.