Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An interesting clip from my stream...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
An interesting clip from my stream...

DonCardinale
01.25.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1
I am not one to accuse another player of anything, but in a match I had about 15 minutes ago, I pulled the following clip from my Twitch.tv stream. Thoughts, or an explanation on this?

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor_mattis/c/1865411

Initially I thought I just missed a smash which happens from time to time, but after panning the camera, the Vanguard I jumped to was mysteriously gone, and I was stunned. I have seen plenty of "ghosting" due to bad client-side connections, as well as standard server-side lag, but this one seemed a bit different.

I figured this would be a great first post from my end too, so if I happened to have created this thread in the wrong forum, it can be moved, or deleted at the moderators' leisure.

Love,
Mattis

KruelhandJorb
01.25.2013 , 11:02 AM | #2
vanishing hack has been reported plenty of times. I've had it happen to me too man. Cheap ****.
Conqueror Nowuc Saberward - Jedi Sentinel - The Bastion

DonCardinale
01.25.2013 , 11:05 AM | #3
I honestly can say that I have only SEEN speed hacks, so I wanted to get some input as to what I was looking at in-match, as well as afterward watching the stream. Shooting under the forcefield at the last door in voidstar is cheap, but it is not a hack. Carnage pred + force speed...fast, not a speed hack. I am certainly not a QQer when I get face-rolled in a match, but I definitely wanted some insight on that video. I though, and some of the people i was playing with also though it was pretty blatant. Thanks for your input, and I will definitely consider reporting it.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 11:11 AM | #4
We had a rated match a month or so back where it looked like we were going to take a node and turn the match when a shadow used a combat stealth and we were about to put a CC on him but he vanished again. He said it was lag but we had it on video and it looked shady to say the least.

NogueiraA
01.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #5
Look at the distance meters to each other when the guy vanish..

I think it's a bug the guy "enters" on the ground. If not, many players on my server will be reported!

Joesixxpack
01.25.2013 , 12:17 PM | #6
Bugs, lag, glitches, etc, sure.

One of the above, timed perfectly on either end, with a stun in the middle of it? Shady bidniz -.-
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Fuzztastical
01.25.2013 , 12:21 PM | #7
You didn't post the part of your stream where you guys were dancing naked and doing uhm... other things?

DonCardinale
01.25.2013 , 12:22 PM | #8
I think Atalas put that in his "special time" vault...I don't go there

DeepFreese
01.25.2013 , 12:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzztastical View Post
You didn't post the part of your stream where you guys were dancing naked and doing uhm... other things?
Fuzz. I laughed. Hard. That may have been the best streaming moment ever. That damn Missybiceps gives me the creeps :P
Creus
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

Wookieenator
01.25.2013 , 01:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
We had a rated match a month or so back where it looked like we were going to take a node and turn the match when a shadow used a combat stealth and we were about to put a CC on him but he vanished again. He said it was lag but we had it on video and it looked shady to say the least.
And it is lag, falling through the ground happens a lot, esp. in civil war.