Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

LordQordisz's Avatar


LordQordisz
01.30.2013 , 11:26 PM | #81
People do say Windu would have died by the fall. If anyone ever read the Deceived novel the Jedi chick fell out of the sky with a guy and she cushioned their fall onto Coruscant. They had just entered the atmosphere and jumped off the ship before it blew up. If she could do that Mace could survive a fall off of a building in my opinion.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
01.31.2013 , 01:23 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
People do say Windu would have died by the fall. If anyone ever read the Deceived novel the Jedi chick fell out of the sky with a guy and she cushioned their fall onto Coruscant. They had just entered the atmosphere and jumped off the ship before it blew up. If she could do that Mace could survive a fall off of a building in my opinion.
For the love of...Windu was not even alive when he was thrown out the window. The lightning blast fried him from the inside. Even IF he was alive, he could not have used the Force to cushion his fall. Windu would not have been able to focus, if he was even conscious. Mace Windu is dead. There is no bringing him back. Sidious killed him, end of story.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
01.31.2013 , 03:24 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
For the love of...Windu was not even alive when he was thrown out the window. The lightning blast fried him from the inside. Even IF he was alive, he could not have used the Force to cushion his fall. Windu would not have been able to focus, if he was even conscious. Mace Windu is dead. There is no bringing him back. Sidious killed him, end of story.
And for the last *********** time, Windu was alive as he was pushed. He grunts as he's pushed out in the movie. Dead people do not grunt. Maul on the other, makes ZERO noise as he is cut apart and falls down the shaft.

Movie >>>>> book.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 05:56 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
And for the last *********** time, Windu was alive as he was pushed. He grunts as he's pushed out in the movie. Dead people do not grunt. Maul on the other, makes ZERO noise as he is cut apart and falls down the shaft.

Movie >>>>> book.
Maul originally let out a bloodcurdling scream (this may have been edited out) when he fell and if you look at that picture on Wookieepedia of him falling you can see his eyes and mouth are wide open.

And if anything the grunt confirms Windu's death, it's the sort of grunt you would make if I stabbed you in the heart. A death grunt if you will, a final, involuntary noise made shortly before a violent death. But this is all irrelevant, noone has given good reason for bringing Windu back and noone has addressed how his survival contradicts movie canon.

If he survived why didn't he help the Jedi at the Temple? Why didn't he join the Rebellion? The New Republic? And how come Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel his presence? Are you telling me Windu did absolutely nothing for 20+ years? These are the real problems that need to be addressed. Not the likelihood of his survival.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
01.31.2013 , 01:28 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
And for the last *********** time, Windu was alive as he was pushed. He grunts as he's pushed out in the movie. Dead people do not grunt. Maul on the other, makes ZERO noise as he is cut apart and falls down the shaft.

Movie >>>>> book.
Death grunt, just as Beni said. The novel is not below the movie since the movie and novel are both the same thing, based on the story AND screenplay written by George Lucas. They are the same thing. You cannot fit everything written in a book into a movie. Read it. You will notice a lot of things that are not shown in the film. If they added everything then it would be a six hour movie.

Movie=Novel in this case.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.31.2013 , 02:15 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Death grunt, just as Beni said. The novel is not below the movie since the movie and novel are both the same thing, based on the story AND screenplay written by George Lucas. They are the same thing. You cannot fit everything written in a book into a movie. Read it. You will notice a lot of things that are not shown in the film. If they added everything then it would be a six hour movie.

Movie=Novel in this case.
Quite true, both the books and the film are G-Canon. So that extract saying Mace Windu fell 'lifelessly' out of the window is G-Canon. The highest level of canon AKA true. Mace Windu is dead and their is no reason to bring him back.

Themanthatisi's Avatar


Themanthatisi
01.31.2013 , 02:35 PM | #87
While we are at it, why not add Obi-Wan to the mix..... No one saw him die, he just vanished leaving his robes behind. compared to the other 2, Obi-Wan should be the most likely to be alive... I know some will reply with we all saw him appear as a spirit in EP. 5 (or just his voice, cant remember) and at the end of EP.6 standing with Anakin..... We did never see a dead body, like we did with Qui-Gon or Vader.

In fact, Vader's saber struck the robes seemingly AFTER the body was gone. Vader even seemed puzzled by that trick.... Did Obi-Wan have such a command of the force to make himself vanish? "force vanish"???.... I could use that power myself at times. lol.

oslek's Avatar


oslek
01.31.2013 , 03:33 PM | #88
The less there is to remind me of the prequals the better.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
01.31.2013 , 09:38 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Maul originally let out a bloodcurdling scream (this may have been edited out) when he fell and if you look at that picture on Wookieepedia of him falling you can see his eyes and mouth are wide open.

And if anything the grunt confirms Windu's death, it's the sort of grunt you would make if I stabbed you in the heart. A death grunt if you will, a final, involuntary noise made shortly before a violent death. But this is all irrelevant, noone has given good reason for bringing Windu back and noone has addressed how his survival contradicts movie canon.

If he survived why didn't he help the Jedi at the Temple? Why didn't he join the Rebellion? The New Republic? And how come Yoda, Sidious or Vader didn't feel his presence? Are you telling me Windu did absolutely nothing for 20+ years? These are the real problems that need to be addressed. Not the likelihood of his survival.
The blu ray versions are THE definite versions of the SW movies as far as canon goes, and will remain so until Disney decides to change it. Maul doesn't make any noise in the blu-ray version so he is dead and having eyes open doesn't mean crap because people can die like that.

Windu grunts like he just got punted. Maybe it's a death grunt, maybe it's not. Nobody 100% knows for sure.

Why he doesn't appear later could be a bazallion reason. Perhaps he forgot his memories, or maybe he had to go into hiding like Yoda did in order to escape being hunted down.

And I know the books were written along with the movie, and they are canon too. BUT if there is a discrepancy between the movie and the book, the movie is higher because Lucas had 100% control of the movies.

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
01.31.2013 , 10:09 PM | #90
wasnt windu just blown out the window? maybe he landed on a speeder..

why doesnt he come back and be like "IVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHA FKIN SITH THROWIN ME OUT THESE MOTHA FKIN WINDOWS"
NIHIL

THE BASTION