Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 04:13 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well according to this guy anything outside the films is bogus.
Which I have every right to believe, too many people ruining star wars as it is. Loved the original trilogy, hated the additions. Not exactly keen on the prequels except for episode 3.
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 04:13 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
which is my point, you can't come back from falls like that.
Normal people can't right, but then Maul isn't an ordinary being.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 04:21 PM | #53
cauterization from being bisected is not going to stop internal organs from falling out, even if he was able to grab something
The problem with droid jesus is that he jumps around too much, you'd think he'd be a lot easier to nail down.

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 04:24 PM | #54
cauterization from being bisected is not going to stop internal organs from falling out, even if he was able to grab something
Again your missing the point. Its not about how realistic their survivals are, but what they're revivals bring to the franchise. We can't just revive every Dom, Dick and Harry because we can - there has to be some reasoning behind it.

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 04:30 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Again your missing the point. Its not about how realistic their survivals are, but what they're revivals bring to the franchise. We can't just revive every Dom, Dick and Harry because we can - there has to be some reasoning behind it.
Comics certainly can!

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 04:34 PM | #56
This is one of my biggest objections to the EU, nothing is original. Create a new character for crying out loud! This reviving clearly dead movie characters needs to stop. What next? Chewbacca?

I can kind of understand Fett, he was supposed to be a tough guy who got a sucky death. But cloning the emperor? No thanks, just do something new that fits into the star wars universe.

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 04:42 PM | #57
This is one of my biggest objections to the EU, nothing is original. Create a new character for crying out loud! This reviving clearly dead movie characters needs to stop. What next? Chewbacca?

I can kind of understand Fett, he was supposed to be a tough guy who got a sucky death. But cloning the emperor? No thanks, just do something new that fits into the star wars universe.
I would take a guess as its the same with comics, making new characters can never really go well because people wanna always see the original characters. This is probably why(along with fans) Boba came back and Maul did too. Its why no one in the comic world ever stays dead, Superman will always be Kal-El, Batman will always be Bruce Wayne etc etc

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 04:55 PM | #58
Some EU characters were well done, Thrawn trilogy had so many great ones, X-wing series had some good ones too. So it can be done. Its a shame that some stuff such as "where was Thrawn all this time?, really?" it was an inconsistency I couldnt get over.

Anyway I digress, as far as the films show us, Maul was handy with a double sabre and knew a little telekenesis. That was it, a minor character that was another pawn of palpatine, now just dead. Let him be.

Same with Windu, don't bring him back either

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 05:03 PM | #59

Anyway I digress, as far as the films show us, Maul was handy with a double sabre and knew a little telekenesis. That was it, a minor character that was another pawn of palpatine, now just dead. Let him be.
Two words, Savage Oppress. And have you seen TCW? Watch those episodes and tell me Maul is a sucky character and Sidious lackey. Watch them!

Really, no one can complain that Maul is nothing short of awesome.

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 05:04 PM | #60
Some EU characters were well done, Thrawn trilogy had so many great ones, X-wing series had some good ones too. So it can be done. Its a shame that some stuff such as "where was Thrawn all this time?, really?" it was an inconsistency I couldnt get over.

Same with Windu, don't bring him back either
For Thrawn, read this.

While Maul could have remained dead, he has added much to the show. Mace on the other hand would not add anything to the EU, and it would bring up several questions.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus