Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 03:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No the lighting killed him, he was blasting Mace Windu with full power with Luke he was just torturing him. To reiterate
I just go from the films, he is still concious as he goes out, either he gets hit by a speeder or hits a walkway or hit the 'ground' whatever that may be
55 Scoundrel DPS - 55 Commando DPS - 55 Sentinel DPS - 55 Shadow Tank
55 Sniper DPS - 55 Operative - 55 Assassin -55 Inquisitor (no AC) - 55 Sorcerer
55 Juggernaut Tank - 55 Powertech Tank - 55 Sage Healer - 55 Guardian Tank -
55 Vanguard Tank - 55 Marauder - 55 Gunslinger DPS - 55 Merc DPS

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 03:42 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
Cut in half and grabbed something? laughable. IF you lived through that you would be in shock and unable to do anything. PERIOD

Windu was not dead or even unconcious as he flew out the window, the fall killed him and thats that. Force lightning didn't kill luke or knock him out.

Gotta love the way people pull EU stuff to prove a point. Its retconn fan fiction that just messes with movie cannon.
Erm, you'll also find in the real world people can't use a invisible field of energy to lift objects of the ground and shoot lighting out of there hands. PERIOD. However in the Star Wars world rules work differently. Yes Maul was partially in a state of shock (not so shocked to scream like a banshee) but he also had the Dark Side of the Force which changes the rules completely. (Remember what Kreia said? "Nothing is impossible with the Force.") Drawing on his anger and rage he obviously managed to stay conscious (he was not dead yet) and use the Force to propel himself towards an air vent. Oh and does still have hands, more than Windu could claim...

And Windu was defintely dead or unconcious when he fell out of that window. Watch the scene again (1:50) - oh yeah, that guy was soooo conscious. Just look at his face, full of life! Oh and compare that to Luke's 'ordeal'.(5:30) As you can see Sidious' lighting was nowhere near so strong as the lighting he applied to Mace Windu, and was partly in short bursts.

And what EU do you speak of pray tell? The novelizations are on the same level of canon as the films you do realise? They are not EU, or FanFiction. They are movie canon.

But really this debate is pointless. Any mature individual can get over a fairly illogical 'revival' - what you really should be asking yourself is, what good/bad has Maul's 'revival' done for Star Wars? Besides his arguably illogical resurrection?

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 03:58 PM | #43
The thread title says if Maul can return, then Windu can too. This I agree to. I only treat the films as cannon, novelizations always add stuff that isn't present in the films. They are treated with the same disdain by me as all the other stuff. I stand by what I said about Mace dying from the fall, though shock played a part as much as it did with Maul.

All Palpatine did to Luke when he actually tried to kill him, was apply lightning for longer. Force lightning on screen was force lightning. It was applied Less to Mace than to luke.

As it stands, they are both dead. If you can prevent yourself dying from a fall, then why didn't palpatine levitate or slow himself with the force somehow?

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 04:02 PM | #44
As it stands, they are both dead. If you can prevent yourself dying from a fall, then why didn't palpatine levitate or slow himself with the force somehow?
Because that's impossible.

Have you ever seen Jedi or Sith fly in the films?

P.S. I only believe Mace Windu was dead after he got rocketed out the Windu is because the film made him look dead. And few beings could have survived such a obvious concentration of powerful lightning. Luke didn't die because the Emperor was prolonging his pain.

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 04:05 PM | #45
The thread title says if Maul can return, then Windu can too. This I agree to. I only treat the films as cannon, novelizations always add stuff that isn't present in the films. They are treated with the same disdain by me as all the other stuff. I stand by what I said about Mace dying from the fall, though shock played a part as much as it did with Maul.
Mace Windu was dead. Sidious applied the full force of his lightning to Windu's body, to the point that his skeleton was visible. He was dead within seconds of the lightning hitting him.

Quote:
All Palpatine did to Luke when he actually tried to kill him, was apply lightning for longer. Force lightning on screen was force lightning. It was applied Less to Mace than to luke.
He was torturing Luke. You can clearly see that. Comparing both incidences, you can see that Sidious was clearly using more power to attack Windu than he was Luke.

Quote:
He had been caught completely off-guard, there was no time to react. By the time he was falling down that shaft, it was too late. If you'll watch the Death Star II battle, you will see Sidious amp up the lightning upon being grabbed by Vader. That was all he could do.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 04:06 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Because that's impossible.

Have you ever seen Jedi fly in the films? Unconscious/dead and after suffering severe injuries?

P.S. I only believe Mace Windu was dead after he got rocketed out the Windu is because the film made him look dead. And few beings could have survived such a obvious concentration of powerful lightning. Luke didn't die because the Emperor was prolonging his pain.
Not in the films, but Sidious was capable of Force Flight. Just didn't have enough time to do it.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 04:07 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Not in the films, but Sidious was capable of Force Flight. Just didn't have enough time to do it.
Well according to this guy anything outside the films is bogus.

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 04:09 PM | #48
Because that's impossible. .
which is my point, you can't come back from falls like that.

Aurbere
01.28.2013 , 04:09 PM | #49
Well according to this guy anything outside the films is bogus.
Then WHY play this game? You hate EU yet you play an EU game? Just... mind-boggling...

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 04:13 PM | #50
which is my point, you can't come back from falls like that.
Unless of course their is an air vent to propel yourself into... and you haven't experienced the effects of Force lighting. Its not a coincidence that Sidious and Windu where both subject to Force Lightning before their fall. Because its incapacitating.