Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

kirorx
01.26.2013 , 01:57 PM | #31
Mace needs to stay dead because it was an important part of anakins development and fall

Maul should have stayed dead but there was no real purpose to killing him because it did not affect obi wan in the story at all by. AOTC was so long after phantam that he might as well have not existed
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Kilikaa
01.27.2013 , 01:56 AM | #32
Mace Window is dead. If I remember correctly, Yoda felt his death in the RotS novel. The man needs to stay dead. The fewer characters that "return from the dead" the better. I am a huge Mara Jade fan and was quite upset when she was killed off, yet I do not want to see herr brought back to life. Death should be a permanent thing. Window is dead, get over it.

Farstrider
01.27.2013 , 02:46 AM | #33
So,

Mace Windu, I accept his death - even if it was a painfully written scene (if the lightning did'nt finish him off, the dialogue would've...)

I love idea of Mace surviving but only in a 'What if...' scenario.

http://www.secretalliances.com/Comic...tAlliances.htm

Darth Maul, fine - he was THE bad guy in Episode I, he killed Qui Gonn, he deserved being sliced in twain, the fight that claimed him was excellently choreographed!

However, bringing him back was utter BS and exceptionally implausible, it goes up there with all the other episodes that have blurred the lines of Star Wars lore (Nightsisters, Mortis, Mandalore etc)

As far as Fett is concerned, read the book whereby he frees himself from the Sarlaac; Bounty Hunters (I think), he explodes himself out with charges. If you read the early graphic novels, the above book and ignore TCW and the latter EU on Fett - you will likely have a new appreciation for him, as usual concepts have been taken to far, instead of new refreshing ideas and characters being imagined.

Beniboybling
01.27.2013 , 06:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Mace Window is dead. If I remember correctly, Yoda felt his death in the RotS novel. The man needs to stay dead. The fewer characters that "return from the dead" the better. I am a huge Mara Jade fan and was quite upset when she was killed off, yet I do not want to see herr brought back to life. Death should be a permanent thing. Window is dead, get over it.
Lol, Mace 'Window' was that a pun or a typo

ShupFace
01.27.2013 , 07:42 AM | #35
Maul is dead. Windu is dead too.

But if you were going to have one of them survive which seems more reasonable? The guy who was blasted out a window or the guy who was chopped in half?

Windu > Maul

Beniboybling
01.27.2013 , 07:58 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
Maul is dead. Windu is dead too.

But if you were going to have one of them survive which seems more reasonable? The guy who was blasted out a window or the guy who was chopped in half?

Windu > Maul
And who would have a place in Star Wars lore when they returned? Maul or Windu.

Maul > Windu.

If Windu survived the entire original trilogy would have to be rebooted, as its story would be rendered obsolete. Maul however, has a place in the Clone Wars - as made clear in the series. The last episode with Maul in by the way - was awesome.

Thylbanus
01.27.2013 , 04:19 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
you've seen clone wars right/ Darth Maul returned

well if he managed to survive it is all too possible MAce Windu can also. that would be soo cool though.

What about Anakin? what feel you guys about that? would you believe an Anakin come back... the metachorines reconstintute him, we have no idea whether it is possible, kinda like a Gandalf return, , or a medivh return, it's not quite certain how it happens, but it is to combat a great evil like a punishment of sorts to make up for the stuff he did as VAder.
In a technical aspect you are correct, but in an in universe aspect, you are not. Preserving one's self beyond their lifespan is an aspect of the Dark Side. To live on, the discussion between Anakin and Palpatine states:

Quote:
Anakin Skywalker: He could do that? He could actually save people from death?
Chancellor Palpatine: The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be... unnatural.
So if Mace Windu was actually a good Jedi, he would not be able to hold death at bay as Maul did. It was his hatred of Kenobi that kept him alive. Sure it drove him mad for a time, but his brother's connection pulled him back from that personal abyss.

While Master Windu was a BMF (since it is also engraved on his activation switch), he is not so "bad" that he can maintain his lifeforce within his body once his body failed. Having him resurrected would be a farce, similar to the resurrection of Captain Kirk after the events in "Generations."
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Kilikaa
01.28.2013 , 01:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, Mace 'Window' was that a pun or a typo
That was indeed a pun.

Kane_Ren
01.28.2013 , 03:19 PM | #39
Cut in half and grabbed something? laughable. IF you lived through that you would be in shock and unable to do anything. PERIOD

Windu was not dead or even unconcious as he flew out the window, the fall killed him and thats that. Force lightning didn't kill luke or knock him out.

Gotta love the way people pull EU stuff to prove a point. Its retconn fan fiction that just messes with movie cannon.
55 Scoundrel DPS - 55 Commando DPS - 55 Sentinel DPS - 55 Shadow Tank
55 Sniper DPS - 55 Operative - 55 Assassin -55 Inquisitor (no AC) - 55 Sorcerer
55 Juggernaut Tank - 55 Powertech Tank - 55 Sage Healer - 55 Guardian Tank -
55 Vanguard Tank - 55 Marauder - 55 Gunslinger DPS - 55 Merc DPS

Wolfninjajedi
01.28.2013 , 03:20 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Kane_Ren View Post
Cut in half and grabbed something? laughable. IF you lived through that you would be in shock and unable to do anything. PERIOD

Windu was not dead or even unconcious as he flew out the window, the fall killed him and thats that. Force lightning didn't kill luke or knock him out.

Gotta love the way people pull EU stuff to prove a point. Its retconn fan fiction that just messes with movie cannon.
No the lighting killed him, he was blasting Mace Windu with full power with Luke he was just torturing him. To reiterate

Quote:
Defenseless, Windu was bombarded with Sith lightning as Sidious unleashed a torrent of deadly energy at the Jedi Master. The forked bolts of lightning penetrated Mace's body, illuminating his form from within. The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.