Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 01:10 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellatus View Post
You say that like Maul coming back was a good thing and anything more than a gimmick for 13 year olds.
Lol, have you seen 'the Lawless'? Maul is awesome - 'nough said.

Stellatus
02.04.2013 , 01:15 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, have you seen 'the Lawless'? Maul is awesome - 'nough said.
I've seen a couple episodes featuring him. However "awesome" he is is besides the point, I don't believe in bringing characters back from the dead, it trivializes everything that happened to them prior. It's ****** writing and a blatant gimmick. One that worked for you, apparently.
DROID DOES.

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 01:23 PM | #113
I've seen a couple episodes featuring him. However "awesome" he is is besides the point, I don't believe in bringing characters back from the dead, it trivializes everything that happened to them prior. It's ****** writing and a blatant gimmick. One that worked for you, apparently.
And everyone else... I really don't see how making Maul epic and awesome can make at all trivialize him. But you obviously are in no position to comment as you have not see all the episodes.

Stellatus
02.04.2013 , 01:27 PM | #114
And everyone else... I really don't see how making Maul epic and awesome can make at all trivialize him. But you obviously are in no position to comment as you have not see all the episodes.
I don't need to subject myself to every episode of a mediocre television show to know that it is mediocre. I'm a writer by trade, and I understand poor writing. Evidently you do not, but I won't hold that against you.

If by "everyone else" you are referring to the show's target audience, well -- that target audience is children and tweens. Not exactly an age bracket known for their refined taste in entertainment or appreciation for good writing.
DROID DOES.

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 01:35 PM | #115
I don't need to subject myself to every episode of a mediocre television show to know that it is mediocre. I'm a writer by trade, and I understand poor writing. Evidently you do not, but I won't hold that against you.

If by "everyone else" you are referring to the show's target audience, well -- that target audience is children and tweens. Not exactly an age bracket known for their refined taste in entertainment or appreciation for good writing.
Your a writer, that's great - I'm sure it says in your guide to writing: "Don't bring characters back from the dead! Its gimmicky!" But you can't judge the quality of a story purely based on the fact that one character has come back from the dead. That's just silly. And by 'everyone else' I mean all the articles I've read evidently not written by 'tweens' and the general consensus on these very forums.

But again, you haven't watched it so how can you comment?

VigDiath
02.04.2013 , 01:43 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
Didn't Yoda (and then Kenobi) learn that technique from Qui Gon's force ghost - AFTER Windu was already killed?......
Where did Anakin learn it from?
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Stellatus
02.04.2013 , 02:07 PM | #117
But again, you haven't watched it so how can you comment?
I have watched it. I haven't watched all of it. I don't need to watch all of it.
DROID DOES.

Beniboybling
02.04.2013 , 02:15 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Where did Anakin learn it from?
He learned it from Darth Sidious.

Smashbrother
02.04.2013 , 07:15 PM | #119
Why would he hide is presence from Yoda, a fellow Jedi? Sure you could say he would have gone into hiding but not before trying to regroup with the other Jedi. And surely he wouldn't just ignore the Empire and the Rebellion. It just doesn't make any sense, nor does it make sense to bring him back.

And no he wasn't a major character as in Anakin, but he still said and did more than Maul and Boba put together.
Who the hell knows why WIndu would or wouldn't do anything. The writers can make up whatever they want. It made no sense to bring Maul back either, but they did, and it turned out pretty awesome. We discover Maul isn't a one dimensional tool like he seemed in the movie. He's actually quite smart and calculating, and has deep emotions for his brother. The same can be done with Windu, except maybe make him a bad guy or something.

At bolded. I dunno. Maul killed Jinn, which is the main reason why Kenobi decided to master soresu. Boba kidnaps Han, which is pretty important too.

VigDiath
02.04.2013 , 08:39 PM | #120
He learned it from Darth Sidious.
No he didn't. The ability that Anakin learned was a Jedi ability that required sacrifice.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)