Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth 5 Stack Kill video

Nibbon
02.04.2013 , 03:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DelphinHunter View Post
Awesome congrats. Thanks for posts.
We tried him at 5 stacks this week with a 24 man OP. The Harbinger server.
(time and day intentionally undisclosed ) lol
Thanks again to everyone who showed up participated.
2 tanks then we added a backup tank.
Not enough healers I think. we only brought like 4 max.
Need to cleanse more I think? Is this true and how do you deal with it?
Got him down into the 60's a couple times , We couldn't break 50% to see the reflective shield buff. 'Shriek" ? (yet) grrr
Once we'd loose a tank it was game over pretty quick.
We tried using smuggler shields also the big one for the raid and hide healers behind individual smugglers.
It seemed to help, not sure.
With all the DPS we burned him down pretty fast., but now need to figure out how to stay alive. lol
Epic looking attempt though, learned quite a bit for first try at 5 stacks. (didnt know he could go above 5 stacks)
May make some adjustments more research and try again.
Oh yeh other issue to consider is video lag with 24 players etc lower vid settings definetly helped some people.
Key binds vs mouse click helps probably.
Also we had tanks in masks and a few others but agree it didnt seem to help?
Never saw "Dread Touch" attack or buff but thats uncertain. Has anyone seen it? Will check log maybe.
Anyone think it helps?
Maybe next time I'll rip and move my 63 pieces over to the mask for this fight, just in case
Bummer theres no extra dread drops or something.
Thanks.

I truly am not trying to be mean here, but not getting to the 50% phase is a ways off - it is pretty much a walk in the park up until that point. I agree with your assessment, it is probably due to the lack of heals (Even so, I think you ought to be able to hit 50% with just 4). I'd say that your healers were probably losing focus on tank - it may be due to not cleansing fast enough. Like on just about any fight, it would probably be helpful if you assigned a healer or two to stay on the tank at all times. Also there is a swap mechanic that will kill people if not done correctly.

As far as I can tell, this fight was designed for 24 DG geared players (we may have been able to win without 2 dps, but it would have been close on enrage). I would not advise bringing PUGs into this fight.

As for some other things you mentioned --
Yes, reducing lag will help, of course - there can be a lot of stuff going on with 24 people
Key binds vs mouse click is a whole other argument - it comes down to preference, I think a good click player can be as good as if not better than a good keybind player ... it's really just personal skill.
Again, mask does nothing at 5 stacks (we may try 7 stacks very soon and will let everyone know).
No one thinks it helps but we do have our tanks wearing them anyways.

DelphinHunter
02.04.2013 , 07:42 PM | #22

No offense taken. It was my first attempt at 5 stacks and pulling together a 24 man OP.
I cant wait to hear more from your adventures. Im hoping theres some nice reward at higher stacks.
Some great feedback. Thanks. Its hard for us to get 24 people in full dread gear. All of our core 16 were full dread or mostly dread lvl. We then asked our friends to ask thier friends they knew that were geared. I figured we would need a full 24. It was an awesome group for 1st try. But its like hearding cats sometimes. lol
A previous group was tryinig it with 16 man. Maybe not a good idea. If we do it again I'll report back.
Whats the key to the tank swaps if I may ask?
_____Bloodhawk , Jedi Knight of the Republic, Sentinel, Founder.____
_________The Force will be with you...always _________

Nibbon
02.04.2013 , 10:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DelphinHunter View Post

No offense taken. It was my first attempt at 5 stacks and pulling together a 24 man OP.
I cant wait to hear more from your adventures. Im hoping theres some nice reward at higher stacks.
Some great feedback. Thanks. Its hard for us to get 24 people in full dread gear. All of our core 16 were full dread or mostly dread lvl. We then asked our friends to ask thier friends they knew that were geared. I figured we would need a full 24. It was an awesome group for 1st try. But its like hearding cats sometimes. lol
A previous group was tryinig it with 16 man. Maybe not a good idea. If we do it again I'll report back.
Whats the key to the tank swaps if I may ask?
Just need a tank to taunt at the end of sonic paralysis for the tank swap. Shadow can resilience through it or you can use your stun break to taunt - however there is also an exhaustion debuff that doubles damage to tank - so it is best to just go with the tank swap.

And yeah - this fight definitely needs 22-24, 16 won't get it done.

Bzeig
02.04.2013 , 10:10 PM | #24
Like Nibbon said the you can use your get outta stun abilities to avoid the sonic paralysis. Roughly 2-5 seconds after the sonic paralysis he'll put the exhaustion debuff on the current tank. So have your other tank stand to the side and taunt off as soon as he gets the debuff.

After the 50% mark it can come right after a shriek so you just need to be on your toes at that point.

PS: Just don't do like fuzzy at die at the very last reticle.... noob
Netto - Guardian Tank
Futtbuker - Sharpshooter GS
Shadowed

ImperialSun
02.06.2013 , 07:46 AM | #25
First of all gratz to all concerned

Second of all, I have just one question...what does "stack" mean lol?

Driz

Nibbon
02.06.2013 , 07:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
First of all gratz to all concerned

Second of all, I have just one question...what does "stack" mean lol?

Driz
Thanks!

Stacks refers to the buff you can place on DreadTooth - by using dread essence - in order to make him stronger. Each essence used creates a "stack" placing him at certain levels of difficulty. The different levels of difficulty are 1, 3, 5, and 10 stacks.

Thoffs
02.06.2013 , 08:04 AM | #27
Awesome work! You guys are my heroes! Watched on streaming last night, very cool.

ImperialSun
02.06.2013 , 08:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Thanks!

Stacks refers to the buff you can place on DreadTooth - by using dread essence - in order to make him stronger. Each essence used creates a "stack" placing him at certain levels of difficulty. The different levels of difficulty are 1, 3, 5, and 10 stacks.
Ahhh...and on the tenth stack he drops the amulet...

Thanks very much

Driz