Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Times to PvP as a Imp/Pub Player (To Be continually updated)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Best Times to PvP as a Imp/Pub Player (To Be continually updated)

FREDDOSPWN
01.26.2013 , 03:48 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Psirebral View Post
Don't let him fool you, he is terrified of Imps, that is why he doesn't do rated.
I don't need to be focus fired, Psi. Just keep them happy.

Haystak
01.26.2013 , 05:37 AM | #12
Most groups I have been in are made up of several groups of people.

Newbie:Guys in Recruit gear,and their first toon just turned fiddy. Still getting used to how pvp happens at endgame. Their effect on the outcome warzone can vary as a Newbie can be any of the below player types.

Veterans: Gear levels are varied, but they know whats going on, can be depended on to call out incomings, and will watch the objective. Can be relied on to pull their weight.

PvP Guild Premades: Voice chat, synergistic game play, and usually thinking a couple steps ahead. everynow and then you do run into a group who just don't care, and will just screw off. But mostly an advanced style of gameplay

Smoochies: These guys are usually found in PvE gear, or a conglomeration of all kinds of gear, they do not think ahead, they can only react to the situation at hand. They can usually be found afking in a corner. They dont care about the actual outcome of the war-zone, and they are just there for the comms. I imagine smoochies probably are more interested in other aspects of the game, as I don't think a lot of them really enjoy getting destroyed and topping the death charts.

In the off hours the Rep teams usually look like this
6: Veterans
2: Newbies

Imp teams however in the off hours usually have
5: Veterans
3: Smoochies

In the peak hours the group makeup looks like this
Imp:
4: PvP Guild Premades
2: Veterans
2: Newbies
Pub:
4: Veterans or a Premades
2: newbies
2: Smoochies

Problem is we tend to get a large influx of people who just don't care on the pub side. Imp side gets it too, i have seen it. I stopped getting frustrated anymore, its just something you get used to in the long run. besides theres always ranked, if I really got tired of it, I suppose I could always do that.

Edit:the Name Smoochies has nothing to do with the actual player....Ive just heard them called that since my time on wow.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

Moriganno
01.26.2013 , 01:50 PM | #13
What this thread does is further promote ******ery in wzs/pvp environment which isn't desirable. Hopefully it gets closed/deleted soon.

criminalheretic
01.26.2013 , 02:30 PM | #14
I think we need more teams of 8 "smoochies" queuing up on both sides. The challenge would not be winning the WZ, but rather trying to find them throughout, kind of like a squishy scavenger hunt.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

wqopreuiyt
01.26.2013 , 04:07 PM | #15
Airwolf nailed it imo, well done sir.
Hype - The Harbinger
Leader of Goof Troop

PhDWarrior
01.26.2013 , 04:54 PM | #16
One reason that some players on pub side may not play in peak hours is because we are playing from a different time zone- specifically west of the international date line. Thus, peak hours for me and my pacific friends is still midnight(ish) which is early morning for you yanks.

-Lin

Mookind
01.26.2013 , 05:45 PM | #17
Airwolf got it right except the imperial off hours start as smoochie logs over to our side

Juicin/Chompin

Zhaker
01.26.2013 , 11:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenjigreat View Post
Inspired by Agapex's The Typical people we carry in Warzones and Imperial Guild Line Up

At the End of the Day Its all about when you que so for the benefit of the Community, I would like a good list of when is the best time to PvP on both sides.

Of course everyone's experience's will vary.

For Republic - 8.am PST to 5.pm PST (Credit to Agape)

For Imps - 6.pm PST to 3am PST (Credit to Agape)

-Not claiming to have absolute or even close to the knowledge i should have about the best timings or when certain guilds prefer queuing , I will continually update this list and hopefully have a close to perfect list as possible.

Feedback is appreciated
So is this for Ranked or for Regular?

If Ranked well that should be discussed against the PvP Guilds (who have been lately doing kickball which has been kinda fun).

If this is Regular then you are really setting a precedence where opposite factions will stop queueing around the opposites best times and vice versa, and you're going to really enforce the Republic vs Republic and Empire vs Empire for Regular WZ. Is this what the server needs?

criminalheretic
01.27.2013 , 12:40 AM | #19
Actually the best time to queue up as an Imp, is right now. Oh wait, no no...you missed it.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Kenjigreat
01.27.2013 , 07:04 AM | #20
Honestly The point of this thread is to help make pvp more enjoyable for both sides, I hear alot of people saying , imperials suck at pvp and people saying republics suck at pvp . Its really a grass is greener on the other side situation.