Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Crashes Me to Destop After Login

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
My Crashes Me to Destop After Login

Elusivehippo
01.25.2013 , 07:46 AM | #1
I'm able to download the game and all its patches perfectly fine. But after i put in my username and password and hit the play button it loads for a second, screen turns black, then kicks me right back to desktop. and task manager states its no longer running. Ive tried to fix it by going into Client_settings and changing the Full-screen from "true to "false" but still nothing. I'm able to run and play Guild Wars 2 on my computer perfectly fine (which demands a greater graphical setting). I am a little disappointed because this game has been out a year and yet there are still problems with this. I just want this fixed to play Plz someone help me. I want this fixed already. Really looking forward to this game.

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 08:18 AM | #2
Can you try a clean boot http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Be advised that programs like mumble if running will crash the game due to it's overlay insertion.

eg. turning off mumble allows the game to start correctly in this instance then most can safely start mumble again.

failing that a dxdiag will assist on understanding your hardware and software but this is at a basic level.

Edit - have you tried the repair function after login ( lower left cog thingy on launcher )

Elusivehippo
01.25.2013 , 08:24 AM | #3
well i am currently at my job running this thread. but wen i get home i can try that. and yes i have tried the repair launcher and still nothing. so wen i get home today i will run the clean boot. hopefully it works. can u also give me any other suggestions. what is the mumble?

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 08:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusivehippo View Post
well i am currently at my job running this thread. but wen i get home i can try that. and yes i have tried the repair launcher and still nothing. so wen i get home today i will run the clean boot. hopefully it works. can u also give me any other suggestions. what is the mumble?
Mumble is a voice communication program, a dxdiag will be helpful if you continue to have issues.

Have a good read of the stickies in this forum.

Basic things to ensure is that you have exceptions in your antivirus/firewall programs for the game, if you have a firewall on your router it may interfere as well.

On the note of antivirus as an example ESET (nod32) can also stop the game to launch if protocol filtering is enabled.

Make sure things like windows updates and video drivers etc are up to date as well.

Like I said post a dxdiag up if still having issues, but it will take me a while to get to have a look as it is 12:30 am saturday for me and I am thinking sleep time others may look at your post and see something.

Elusivehippo
01.25.2013 , 08:51 AM | #5
MY QUESTION is y am i able to run guild wars 2 and tera perfectly fine but wen i try the star wars it just doesnt work. its irritating.

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 09:01 AM | #6
MY QUESTION is y am i able to run guild wars 2 and tera perfectly fine but wen i try the star wars it just doesnt work. its irritating.
Why do these people have problems with GW2 ? http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...n-gw2setupexe/

Unfortunatelly each machine is different and while one works another may not due to driver conflicts or any other obscure reason that who ever invented computers didn't allow for

Elusivehippo
01.25.2013 , 09:16 AM | #7
DARN IT I HATE THIS LOL. I really want this game to run. im looking so forward to playing it. ill fo the boot wen i get home. if i dont have a graphics card but im using the processor graphics, cud that be a reason to it not starting?

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 09:36 AM | #8
DARN IT I HATE THIS LOL. I really want this game to run. im looking so forward to playing it. ill fo the boot wen i get home. if i dont have a graphics card but im using the processor graphics, cud that be a reason to it not starting?
Post up a dxdiag and can look at it but it is possible depending on how old it it, anything over Intel 4000+ with 256mb dedicated memory should be fine. 1:35 am here now

What are the system requirements for the game?
Spoiler

Elusivehippo
01.25.2013 , 09:41 AM | #9
ILL POST IT LATER WEN IM HOME wen im sure u will probably be sleeping. im actually running a AMD A-6 Quad -core with Radeon 6350+ graphics. no graphics card

Laiham
01.25.2013 , 11:00 AM | #10
hippo, did you change both Fullscreen AND D3DFullscreen to false? i've seen the modmins post those instructions a few times and they always include both.

full instructions here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=498597#4
"So that's it. You've grown a moustache!"
- Darth Vader